Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 217856 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #650 on: February 09, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »
-13 today.  I'm guessing that he is getting a bounce from proposing that the DimRats and GOP meet in a televised session on Insurance Reform.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #651 on: February 09, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »
-13 today.  I'm guessing that he is getting a bounce from proposing that the DimRats and GOP meet in a televised session on Insurance Reform.
I think it s a Who Dat? Nation bounce for switching his pick to the Colts before the game.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #652 on: February 09, 2010, 11:45:25 AM »

Yeah, even Mrs. E thought that Lord Zero playing Mother Hen to a bunch of congresscritters and having it televised (along with TOTUS) is a real good deal.

As if that means something.

:thatsright:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #653 on: February 09, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
Yeah, even Mrs. E thought that Lord Zero playing Mother Hen to a bunch of congresscritters and having it televised (along with TOTUS) is a real good deal.

As if that means something.

:thatsright:

It's a trap. Nothing will come of it. Then The Annointed One can run around saying, "See. I invited the Republicans into the debate and still nothing got done."
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #654 on: February 10, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »
"Up" to -12 today.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Republicans lead by eight on the Generic Congressional Ballot. However, if the Tea Party is added as a third option, the numbers are Democrats 36%, Republicans 25% and Tea Party 17%.

Sixty-three percent (63%) say it would be better for the nation if most incumbents lost their job this November.

Just 38% believe their own representative in Congress deserves to be re-elected and just 27% believe their representative is the best person for the job.

In the Pennsylvania Senate race, Republican Pat Toomey still leads both Arlen Specter and Joe Sestak. In the Democratic Primary, Specter still has the edge while hovering around th 50% level of support.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #655 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
-14 today, down two from yesterday (Wednesday).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #656 on: February 12, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »
-15 today down 1 from yesterday

Just wait till the claim about Iraq hits :lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #657 on: February 12, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
-15 today down 1 from yesterday

Just wait till the claim about Iraq hits :lmao:

No kidding - and his idiot press secretary made it worse.    :rotf:

Quote from: Stupidity in Action

Robert, the Vice President last night said that Iraq could end up being one of the President's great achievements. Given that the Vice President was in favor of a partial partition of the country and the President opposed the surge that helped stabilize it, how is that one of the President's great achievements?

MR. GIBBS: Well, putting what was broken back together and getting our troops home, which we intend to do in August of this year.

But the Status of Forces Agreement to bring troops home was signed before the President took office.

MR. GIBBS: Something that -- something that I think the political pressure that the President, as a then-candidate, helped to bring about.

Look, I think that we will long debate Iraq. We will long debate whether at a very important moment in our efforts to root out terrorism particularly in Afghanistan and on that border region with Pakistan, whether we took our eye off the ball. 

I think historians will debate that long after we're gone. I think they will come likely to the conclusion that no single event took our eye off of what needed to be done in order to -- in order to occupy a country that, until we got there, didn’t have a single member of al Qaeda.

So, look, obviously -- look, the Vice President has been deeply involved in fixing the political process there so that elections can be held and so that our troops can come home as scheduled this summer.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #658 on: February 12, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #659 on: February 13, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
Given that he still keeps pushing cap and tax, Obamacare, and will likely shove through card check and an amnesty bill later this year, he'll wish he had numbers this good come November...

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #660 on: February 14, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »
Awwww...someone's not feeling the love today....

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #661 on: February 14, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
Wonder how BARRY will do at the limbo bar?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #662 on: February 15, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #663 on: February 15, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »
Whoops--guess the libtards realized the free ponies aren't coming.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #664 on: February 15, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »
How LOW can you GO?

Offline LordHelpUs

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Barry Will Save Us
« Reply #665 on: February 15, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
What's higher.....Inches of snow in DC or Obama's approval rating....It's got to be close ! :cheersmate:
IN GOD WE TRUST  file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/political-pictures-pelosi-emanuel-corruption-perfume.jpg

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #666 on: February 16, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »
At -13 today.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13 (see trends).

Just 31% of voters now view Global Warming as a Very Serious problem. That’s down ten points from a year ago.

Fifty-six percent (56%) believe the federal government has too much influence over state governments and a solid plurality believes that local governments deliver the best service. Fifty-nine percent (59%) believe states should have the right to opt out of federal programs.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #667 on: February 16, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #668 on: February 17, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
"Up" to -11 today.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -11 (see trends).

Republicans lead Democrats by nine percentage points on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

Skepticism about politicians and government remains very high. If Congress raises taxes to reduce the deficit, most Americans believe they would actually spend the money on new government programs rather than deficit reduction.

Most also support a tax limit so that no one pays more than 50% of their income in total taxes to state, federal, and local governments. Most even think that someone who earns a million dollars a year should pay less than half that total in taxes.

Just 29% of voters believe the U.S. should go it alone in applying sanctions against Iran.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
Well, il Duce Bo's learning the benefits of keeping his mouth shut.

"Up" to -10 today.

Just 21% of voters nationwide believe that the federal government today has the “consent of the governed.”

Forty-four percent (44%) believe the Democratic Party has a plan for where it wants to take the country. Thirty-five percent (35%) say that same about the Republican Party. Seventy-five percent (75%) believe the Democratic Party leadership is politically liberal while 61% see Republican Party leadership as conservative.

Thirty-five percent (35%) believe the economic stimulus package helped the economy while 33% say it hurt.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates are also available on Twitter and Facebook.

Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove. To get a sense of longer-term trends, check out our month-by-month review of the President’s numbers.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #670 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »
I think it was -11 yesterday. What happened?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #671 on: February 20, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »
Good old -17.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #672 on: February 20, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
Good old -17.

That seems to be the default number for the poll.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #673 on: February 20, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
I think it was -11 yesterday. What happened?

He went to Las Vegas.... :evillaugh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #674 on: February 20, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
if you add all the TV face time of every president since Truman, does it total as much as Obama?   Seems like he's there daily spouting nonsense.