Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 217329 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #525 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
Sunday, January 10.  Negative  18. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #526 on: January 10, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »
Sunday, January 10.  Negative  18. 

That's surprising, given Reid's latest stupid comment in a string of thousands about Obama's lack of a "Negro dialect", which, of course, portrays Lord Zero as being a victim of blatant racism.  :whatever:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #527 on: January 10, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »
These numbers don't matter, because according to Robert L. Gibbs the president doesn't follow polls. The same way he claimed to have known nothing when tens of thousands of Tea Partiers gathered on The Mall.  :-)
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #528 on: January 10, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »
Hi,

The pattern did not work with Bush because the media kept up the drum beat; whereas with BO they do nothing.  Had they just reported the Christmas Eve crap about unlimited bailouts for Fannie and Freddie the numbers would not have come back up.

Had they reported details of the senate bill passed on Christmas Eve the numbers would likely have dropped even more.

regards,

True dat.  :cheersmate:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #529 on: January 10, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
Let's set up a pool;

When will (_!_)Bama break -20?

I'm betting before the end of the month.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2010, 05:59:02 PM »
Let's set up a pool;

KC

I'll take some of that action.  :cheersmate:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline 5412

« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Let's set up a pool;

KC

I think you may be right; particularly if the health care bill stays secret and passes with huge bribes......then they start on cap and trade which all know is a farce.

regards,

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #532 on: January 11, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
-15 today.  If you're going to predict when he hits -20, I say you go for a full week.  He's already hit -21 as his low, so another negative bounce might well be an outlier.  His support, while slipping, is not dropping as fast as it was a few months ago.  Look for it to steady out in the low-40's by summer and pretty much stay there.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #533 on: January 12, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
-15 today.  If you're going to predict when he hits -20, I say you go for a full week.  He's already hit -21 as his low, so another negative bounce might well be an outlier.  His support, while slipping, is not dropping as fast as it was a few months ago.  Look for it to steady out in the low-40's by summer and pretty much stay there.

-14 today.  I think there will be some up and down until something breaks either way with the health care mess.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #534 on: January 12, 2010, 11:39:39 AM »
-14 today.  I think there will be some up and down until something breaks either way with the health care mess.

That's just sympathy poll numbers for having been called a 'negro'.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
-15 today.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2010, 09:52:13 AM »
-15 today.

It will go up.....he's already had an appearance, on tv, this morning to announce he is sending his teams into Haiti.

I saw it on CBS, so I would imagine it was on every channel....

His quick response to Haiti, should boost his numbers.

How fortunate for him that a horrific natural disaster came along .... and one only a couple hundred miles off of US coast with Americans in trouble....to change the nightly news focus just when he needs it.  ( :sarcasm: )

Our Church's "sister" parish is in Haiti... :(

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #537 on: January 14, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
Still at -15, the Haitian bump will show up tomorrow.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #538 on: January 14, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
Still at -15, the Haitian bump will show up tomorrow.

Yeah, he jumped all over this one. Promised the sun, moon and stars. (Of course, he's good at making promises. Keeping them is a completely different matter, however.)

Anyway, no president in his right mind would turn a blind eye to that horror that is Haiti right now.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #539 on: January 14, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »
Wouldn't this be about the time the liberals would be all over some conspiracy theory about how the government actually caused the quake to divert attention from a failed leader?

KC

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #540 on: January 14, 2010, 09:58:55 AM »
Wouldn't this be about the time the liberals would be all over some conspiracy theory about how the government actually caused the quake to divert attention from a failed leader?

KC

Wasn't there a conspiracy that the quake that caused the Indonesian tsunami was man made?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:50 AM »
Wasn't there a conspiracy that the quake that caused the Indonesian tsunami was man made?

Yup.  There was also one that Bush 'steered' Katrina to hit New Orleans.

KC

On Edit.  The Katrina conspiracy was really stupid considering Katrina didn't hit New Orleans.

*Stolen

Offline djones520

« Reply #542 on: January 14, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »
Yup.  There was also one that Bush 'steered' Katrina to hit New Orleans.

KC

On Edit.  The Katrina conspiracy was really stupid considering Katrina didn't hit New Orleans.

Nor did the strongest section of the storm.  That was in the Biloxi area, which of course got no media attention at all.  Probably because they picked right back up and got back to business without all the whining that NO did.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #543 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:34 AM »
Nor did the strongest section of the storm.  That was in the Biloxi area, which of course got no media attention at all.  Probably because they picked right back up and got back to business without all the whining that NO did.

It's always amazed me how the facts of hurricane Katrina were bent to suit specific puposes.  I've seen claims that it was a cat 5 when it came ashore and was a direct hit on New Orleans.  Hurricane Rita wasn't 2 weeks after Katrina and was actually a more powerful storm but I'll best most people don't even remember Rita .... or hell even hurricane Ike which hit us not more than a year and a half ago.

KC

*Stolen

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #544 on: January 14, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
It's always amazed me how the facts of hurricane Katrina were bent to suit specific puposes.  I've seen claims that it was a cat 5 when it came ashore and was a direct hit on New Orleans.  Hurricane Rita wasn't 2 weeks after Katrina and was actually a more powerful storm but I'll best most people don't even remember Rita .... or hell even hurricane Ike which hit us not more than a year and a half ago.

KC

That's because you Texans picked yourselves up and got started cleaning up on your own....you didn't wait for the government to "save" you.

A friend of mine was in NO and also on Galveston Island for 11 months 2 weeks at each place doing hurricane cleanup for a private FEMA contractor. Said it was night and day between the two places. While the devastation was comparable...the local governments - and people - were completely different to work with.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #545 on: January 14, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »

That's because you Texans picked yourselves up and got started cleaning up on your own....you didn't wait for the government to "save" you.

A friend of mine was in NO and also on Galveston Island for 11 months 2 weeks at each place doing hurricane cleanup for a private FEMA contractor. Said it was night and day between the two places. While the devastation was comparable...the local governments - and people - were completely different to work with.

Yeah, the only thing we needed FEMA contractors for was getting all the bodies out of the trees because we couldn't reach  see 'em!

:lmao:

KC

*Stolen

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #546 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »

Yeah, the only thing we needed FEMA contractors for was getting all the bodies out of the trees because we couldn't reach  see 'em!

:lmao:

KC

In defense of my friend....he's a licensed geologist along with being a licensed contractor....he oversees hazardous waste material disposal and ground stability after excessive standing water...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #547 on: January 14, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »

In defense of my friend....he's a licensed geologist along with being a licensed contractor....he oversees hazardous waste material disposal and ground stability after excessive standing water...

Some of the stuff FEMA did around here was fine and dandy with me.  I think we have folks who are qualified but we had other things on our minds.

Some of the stuff FEMA did down here was stupid.  We had FEMA contractors driving around marking trees to take out because they were a danger.  THEY complained because we had cleaned up most of our area before they got here.  They said we shouldn't have done that .... 

KC

*Stolen

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #548 on: January 14, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »
Some of the stuff FEMA did around here was fine and dandy with me.  I think we have folks who are qualified but we had other things on our minds.

Some of the stuff FEMA did down here was stupid.  We had FEMA contractors driving around marking trees to take out because they were a danger.  THEY complained because we had cleaned up most of our area before they got here.  They said we shouldn't have done that .... 

KC

He works for a FEMA contractor. There are 4-5 major "clean-up" companies in the country that FEMA contracts to go in a week or two - sometimes longer - after the disaster to do specific jobs.

2 are in California, and they do most of the west coast clean-ups from fires and mudslides. He's only been sent to CA once since 2004 when he went to work for the particular company he works with.

He has been primarily to the SE for hurricane cleanup, but also spent almost a year in NY for flood cleanup. He just got back from Ike cleanup around Thanksgiving.

I had applied to the same company, and took the on-line classwork, but have never been called. It's really good money, but you have to go for a minimum of 90 days. Early last year when he asked me if I still interested, I was coming off of a good year in my business and expected it to continue.... I said no.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #549 on: January 14, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »

He works for a FEMA contractor. There are 4-5 major "clean-up" companies in the country that FEMA contracts to go in a week or two - sometimes longer - after the disaster to do specific jobs.

2 are in California, and they do most of the west coast clean-ups from fires and mudslides. He's only been sent to CA once since 2004 when he went to work for the particular company he works with.

He has been primarily to the SE for hurricane cleanup, but also spent almost a year in NY for flood cleanup. He just got back from Ike cleanup around Thanksgiving.

I had applied to the same company, and took the on-line classwork, but have never been called. It's really good money, but you have to go for a minimum of 90 days. Early last year when he asked me if I still interested, I was coming off of a good year in my business and expected it to continue.... I said no.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LOL Deb.  The JOYS of real estate huh?  2009 was the WORST year I have ever had in real estate.  Another year like that one and I might have to close up shop.  Well, probably not but I would be doing some heavy duty cutting back on things like advertising.

KC

*Stolen