Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 216584 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »

Go Figure!!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »

Go Figure!!

Never look at any polling day to day, it will make you go mad. Statistical noise will cause bounces both up and down - what is important is the trend over a period of time - which hasn't changed.. Obama continues to fall at a rate much faster than I anticipated.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #477 on: December 23, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »
Never look at any polling day to day, it will make you go mad. Statistical noise will cause bounces both up and down - what is important is the trend over a period of time - which hasn't changed.. Obama continues to fall at a rate much faster than I anticipated.

Yeah, I know the long term trends are what's important, but I just want each days number to be lower than the last.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »

:hammer:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2009, 11:07:55 AM »
Two ways to look at that.  Yes, the -12 is a declining trend, but look at the "Strongly Approve"...overall it's a slow decline, not subject to as much variation as the Strong Disapprove number, which can be more subject to the news cycle.

Look at the number to REALLY collapse when the House takes up the healthcare reconciliation and more and more gets out about this terrorist fiasco.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »
Typically the Nation rallies around the president after a terrorist attack.

Even one as silent as Lord Zero has been. He's too busy partying in Hawaii to take much notice as to what's going on. Either that, or he's doing his best to cover shit up.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »
Typically the Nation rallies around the president after a terrorist attack.

Even one as silent as Lord Zero has been. He's too busy partying in Hawaii to take much notice as to what's going on. Either that, or he's doing his best to cover shit up.

You might have a point.  He hasn't been on TV in several days. That could be driving the numbers.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
You might have a point.  He hasn't been on TV in several days. That could be driving the numbers.

And the less HE comments about it and leaves it to his hacks, the more insulated he is, or at least the MSM won't question him on it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #483 on: December 28, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »
I think he is finding success in silence.  Bill Clinton's really big bounce during the primaries in 92 was during the two weeks he had laryngitis. 
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »
-15 today.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #485 on: December 30, 2009, 08:34:11 AM »
Today's HopeyDopeyChangey Meter:

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #486 on: December 30, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
OK, from what I see here his disapproves went down a lot recently.  His approves went up a little, came down a little  but the down is a little below the trend, and the up didn't make it up to the previous up.    So I think we can still safely assume his trending downward.  How many of you think he will get below -20 by Jan 6th?   If he gets below -20, do you think it will be permanent after February?
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »
I think -20 will be about where he levels off, leaving his base of about 25% as his only source of strong approval.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #488 on: December 31, 2009, 10:16:55 AM »

Are we able to say there is a pattern yet?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »

Are we able to say there is a pattern yet?

KC

Ummm, Øbama could suck a golf ball through 100'-0" of garden hose?  Consistently?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »
Hmm Obama stays off tv for a couple of days and his numbers go up, he returns to public view and back down they go.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »
Hmm Obama stays off tv for a couple of days and his numbers go up, he returns to public view and back down they go.

Maybe people are starting to find out about the costs of 10 days in Hawaii on a palatial estate.  :uhsure:

I don't think most people would begrudge him time off during the holidays....but I think his choice of "holiday getaway" is difficult to handle when many, if not most, people...down-scaled their holiday plans this year. 

Runnin' Buddy and I went for drinks the other night with a GM of a restaurant on The Strip (campus) that we have known for years. He said they had 4 huge company banquets that had scheduled for the whole downstairs restaurant (there's a more casual one on street level) during December and the 3 largest ones cancelled and the one that was held downscaled from a dinner to hors d'ouvres.

Companies, friends, families....just about everyone I know scaled way back this year. On gifts, entertainment, trips...everything.

Obama has been preaching...in the case of some companies - demanding... cutting back to everyone ....but if anything...he has become even more extravagant in his own lifestyle - surpassing most presidents of recent times.

And it's the American public that is paying for it!!

Another 5 days in Paradise may translate into another 5-10 points of disapproval....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »
Obama has already played more golf in under one year than Bush did in eight. Seems to me he has had more days "off" than "on" so far. Anyone kept track?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
Obama has already played more golf in under one year than Bush did in eight. Seems to me he has had more days "off" than "on" so far. Anyone kept track?

Hmmm well, how many remember THIS;

Barack Obama

Obama Makes Surprise Trip to Read to Children  Updated   3:44 p.m.

By Michael D. Shear and Hamil Harris

As a sense of crisis engulfed his White House Tuesday with the withdrawal of former senator Tom Daschle as HHS Secretary-nominee, President Obama made an unannounced trip to a school to read to kids.

His motorcade was seen heading north on 15th Street, and local sources soon reported he was at The Capital City Public Charter School. There was no mention of a trip on the schedule sent out to reporters the previous day.

At the school, the president and Michelle Obama read to a group of second-graders in the school library from a picture book entitled "The Moon over Star," an account of the first moon landing in July of 1969. An Associated Press report from the scene said that Obama told the students, "We were just tired of being in the White House."

Hmmmm WHEN did all this pressure start to build that would cause the president and the first lady to FLEE the White House?

FEBRUARY 3rd 2009!

15 Frickin' days into his administration!!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/02/03/obama_makes_surprise_trip_to_r.html

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #494 on: December 31, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »

Hmmmm WHEN did all this pressure start to build that would cause the president and the first lady to FLEE the White House?

FEBRUARY 3rd 2009!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/02/03/obama_makes_surprise_trip_to_r.html

KC

You have to remember something. When you go from organizing to fight  the government to BEING the government, it's a hard change to make.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #495 on: December 31, 2009, 12:35:42 PM »

FEBRUARY 3rd 2009!

KC

Maybe that suggests that the pressure he's facing is the pressure of a flaming incompetent assigned to a post for which he is patently unqualified, and the deadlines for tangible producibles have started coming due.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:37:16 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #496 on: December 31, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Flame

« Reply #497 on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #498 on: December 31, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #499 on: December 31, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
Pulitzer material.  :naughty:

Too bad it'll be redacted by the Ministry of Troof & Shit as seditious material.
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus