Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 218045 times)

Offline Peter3_1

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »
Yes, he thinks it might be a good idea for government take over the mortgage that the unemployed can'tpay, and leave the debtor in as a tenant.

This from a guy who's a record holder, he put the nation into debt $1,000,000,000,000 a  mere 6 months into his term! wHAT DO YOU BET IT IS $2 TRILLION BY 1/22/'10?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »
Yes, he thinks it might be a good idea for government take over the mortgage that the unemployed can'tpay, and leave the debtor in as a tenant.

This from a guy who's a record holder, he put the nation into debt $1,000,000,000,000 a  mere 6 months into his term! wHAT DO YOU BET IT IS $2 TRILLION BY 1/22/'10?

And I'll give odds that we as a country don't make it to $3 Trillion.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »
I hate these polls. Some show him in a positive light and others show him in what I believe to be realistic. Damned polls, I wish they'd just be truthful when they construct the polls.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »
I hate these polls. Some show him in a positive light and others show him in what I believe to be realistic. Damned polls, I wish they'd just be truthful when they construct the polls.

Sorry, fresh out of unicorns.  None for you!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2009, 01:24:49 PM »

The bulk of them are sponsored by the "legacy" media........how would you to expect them to go?  The real key to poll watching is to go look at the actual "internals", which define the composition of the sample politically and geographically, as well as what days of the week, and times of day the surveys were conducted.........that is where the real bias is uncovered.

You will find that with the polls sponsored by media organizations will allways "oversample" Democrats.......as though the assumption is that the country is predominately Democrat.......when we all know it is pretty evenly divided.......

Rasmussen however, is an independent pollster, and frequently is highly accurate in predicting trends with daily tracking......sometimes I may argue with his methodology, or how he actually phrases a question, but overall, he is a class act, as these things go.....

doc

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 01:28:56 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2009, 03:13:02 PM »
The bulk of them are sponsored by the "legacy" media........how would you to expect them to go?  The real key to poll watching is to go look at the actual "internals", which define the composition of the sample politically and geographically, as well as what days of the week, and times of day the surveys were conducted.........that is where the real bias is uncovered.

You will find that with the polls sponsored by media organizations will allways "oversample" Democrats.......as though the assumption is that the country is predominately Democrat.......when we all know it is pretty evenly divided.......

Rasmussen however, is an independent pollster, and frequently is highly accurate in predicting trends with daily tracking......sometimes I may argue with his methodology, or how he actually phrases a question, but overall, he is a class act, as these things go.....

doc

As I understand Gallup, that's an "independent" pollster as well. Or is he? I've seen Gallup polls presented in the alphabet press (which is tantamount to saying it's liberal as hell), but my vibe is they've got a decent reputation.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2009, 04:21:08 PM »
Diageo/Hotline Poll: Obama Approval Drops 9% in a Month
Let me clarify that that isn't even a net drop. That's just the pure drop in approval.

This link mentions the poll, but the press release AHFF Geoff sends me is more complete.

Obama Job Approval Rating Drops Nine Points
Poll Finds Decreased Confidence in Stimulus Spending and Concerns Over Deficit

Double-Digit Increase in Percentage of Voters Saying Country Is On the "Wrong Track"

New York, July 15, 2009 - The Diageo/Hotline Poll of 800 U.S. registered voters conducted by FD from July 9-13, 2009, finds that the percentage of American voters who approve of the job President Obama is doing has dropped nine points to 56%. The previous Diageo/ Hotline Poll, conducted from June 4-7, found that 65% of voters approved of the job he was doing.

Obama's Job Approval Ratings

With 56% of voters approving of the job he is doing, the Poll finds President Obama's job approval rating is at its lowest level recorded in the six monthly Diageo/Hotline Polls since President Obama took office.

Interestingly, compared to June, the decrease in Obama's job approval ratings is being driven primarily by decreases among male voters (-15 points), Independent voters (-15 points), and rural voters (-15 points).

The three groups whose atypically high support for a liberal presidential candidate got Obama elected.

More details here: http://minx.cc/?post=289704

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
Well, Obama's all 'het up for rationed medical care and "Tax and Tax" will add, annually, at least $300,000,000,000 , demanding it be passed this next month, and it is UNFUNDED! tHE IDEA THAT 5.5% and a 1% surcharge on the "rich" will cover the cost of adding 12,000,000,000 aliens to health insurance and $3,100 per family with the tax and tax CO2 control law add up to anything is INSANE.

So we're guaranteed to be $1.3 TRILLION MINIMUM FURTHER in unfunded debt, thanks to Barack and our idiot Congress by the end of this year.

How's rthat "hope and change" thing working out? YES WE CAN'T!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
As I understand Gallup, that's an "independent" pollster as well. Or is he? I've seen Gallup polls presented in the alphabet press (which is tantamount to saying it's liberal as hell), but my vibe is they've got a decent reputation.

Gallup is the oldest polling organization in the US, and they "used" to be independent, until they teamed with CNN, and the New York Times.  When you study their methodology, they use "tried and true" techniques, however the internals will show the consistent overpolling of Democrats, and their calling samples are heavily weighted to northeastern areas........I can't remember the last time that the internals for a Gallup/CNN poll showed a significant sampling percentage in the midwest or south (unless they were polling a single state or area).

It is naive to believe that the folks that are actually PAYING for the pollster's work not to have an influence on either the way the questions are worded (critical to the outcome), or the area and day of the week that the survey  is conducted.  For example:  If you want to slant a poll toward a liberal result, you will conduct the survey on the weekend........conservatives are out doing something with their families, but the welfare queens are sitting at home watching "American Idol" reruns, or even more blatant, conduct the survey during the week, but only during working hours......that way the only folks at home are either unemployed, or unemployable,,,,,,,,therefore skewing the outcome.

That is why it is important to read the "internals" which all reputable pollsters will publish, that way you can determine the "skew" for yourself, and the overall validity of the poll.

You will remember that during the Clinton administration the Monica scandal, through impeachment, and all the way to the day that he walked out of the White House, he polled at a 60% job approval rating......I don't believe that for a minute......it was all ginned up by the media organizations to make Bubba look like he was a victim.  I have a low confidence level in any poll that is sponsored by any of the MSM organizations, as I believe that they are only done to provide "talking points" for the news cycle........not reliable information for the public.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
Gallup is the oldest polling organization in the US, and they "used" to be independent, until they teamed with CNN, and the New York Times.  When you study their methodology, they use "tried and true" techniques, however the internals will show the consistent overpolling of Democrats, and their calling samples are heavily weighted to northeastern areas........I can't remember the last time that the internals for a Gallup/CNN poll showed a significant sampling percentage in the midwest or south (unless they were polling a single state or area).

It is naive to believe that the folks that are actually PAYING for the pollster's work not to have an influence on either the way the questions are worded (critical to the outcome), or the area and day of the week that the survey  is conducted.  For example:  If you want to slant a poll toward a liberal result, you will conduct the survey on the weekend........conservatives are out doing something with their families, but the welfare queens are sitting at home watching "American Idol" reruns, or even more blatant, conduct the survey during the week, but only during working hours......that way the only folks at home are either unemployed, or unemployable,,,,,,,,therefore skewing the outcome.

That is why it is important to read the "internals" which all reputable pollsters will publish, that way you can determine the "skew" for yourself, and the overall validity of the poll.

You will remember that during the Clinton administration the Monica scandal, through impeachment, and all the way to the day that he walked out of the White House, he polled at a 60% job approval rating......I don't believe that for a minute......it was all ginned up by the media organizations to make Bubba look like he was a victim.  I have a low confidence level in any poll that is sponsored by any of the MSM organizations, as I believe that they are only done to provide "talking points" for the news cycle........not reliable information for the public.

doc

Those who write the paychecks usually get what they want - even if it's data. Concur with that, no doubt, but who else is paying Gallup's bills? That's not clear in any reading I've done, especially that of Gallup.com itself. It certainly isn't all the alphabet press...
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »
Those who write the paychecks usually get what they want - even if it's data. Concur with that, no doubt, but who else is paying Gallup's bills? That's not clear in any reading I've done, especially that of Gallup.com itself. It certainly isn't all the alphabet press...

Right now Gallup has a five-year contract with CNN/NYT (it would be unlikely that they would consider that public information for obvious reasons), and these organizations are providing the bulk of their income.....that does not mean that they don't conduct polls for other organizations, but generally other organizations that comission a poll keep the data for their own internal use, and you don't see the results on the six o'clock news.

doc

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2009, 07:00:24 AM »

I am not a Republican, but I utterly fail to understand how ANY Republican - RINO or otherwise - can actually line up behind Lord Zero in support.

I can... As 0bama pushes harder and harder left, more and more of the middle realize what a disaster this guy is.  When your enemy is destroying himself, let him continue to do it...

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »
The full poll isn't out yet but http://drudgereport.com/ has this teaser.

RASMUSSEN 2012 poll released at 10:30AM ET

Obama 45% Romney 45%
Obama 48% Palin 42%

and the 'passion index' still at minus 7, but see this

Overall, 50% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove. The President earns approval from 41% of white voters, 97% of black voters, and 58% of all other voters.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:00:05 AM by bijou »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:52 AM »
Overall, 50% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove. The President earns approval from 41% of white voters, 97% of black voters, and 58% of all other voters.

Makes me wonder how many of those 97%ers are even remotely politically aware of whats going on with the economy.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »
Makes me wonder how many of those 97%ers are even remotely politically aware of whats going on with the economy.

All that they are aware of is that he is "black".........kinda like O.J., that makes everything he does OK with them........sort of a shame isn't it?

Over the years, I've worked with some very well educated, articulate, even brilliant black folks, but I guess they are in the remaining 3%.......statistics like these don't do anything to foster the quest for "racial equality".

doc

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »

So long as those welfare checks keep coming, they cool with it....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2009, 05:15:26 PM »
Obama Third Least Popular President Since World War II

A new USA Today/Gallup poll puts President Obama's approval rating at 55 percent, which ranks him 10th among 12 post-World War II presidents at the same point in the survey. His approval is down from 61 percent in late May ...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2009/07/obama_third_least_popular_pres.html

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »
Who was 11th & 12th?
I don't know, the article doesn't say, but  neither of them were GW Bush or we'd know about it.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »
Who was 11th & 12th?
I'm guessing Nixon and Carter.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »
I'm guessing Nixon and Carter.
I found this, it is of some help http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-presapp0605-31.html

at a guess I'd say it's between Ford, Carter and Clinton

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »
Here's a better link, you can compare Presidents.  http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
All that they are aware of is that he is "black".........kinda like O.J., that makes everything he does OK with them.

Exactimundo.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
From Ace of Spades blog
and Rasmussen
...While most African-American voters (56%) still say the country is heading in the right direction, that’s down seven points over the past week. Only 28% of white voters agree, showing no change from the previous survey...

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2009, 12:07:43 PM »

...Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Today marks the first time his overall approval rating has ever fallen below 50% among Likely Voters nationwide. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove....
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll