Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 217641 times)

Offline Peter3_1

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2009, 02:16:12 PM »
I understand we're up to 33 Czars and no oversight at $150,000 each PLUS staffs of 10. Can you say $4.9 MILLION AND COUNTING?  BUT, WHAT THE HELL, IT IS ONLY OUR MONEY....

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »
I understand we're up to 33 Czars and no oversight at $150,000 each PLUS staffs of 10. Can you say $4.9 MILLION AND COUNTING?  BUT, WHAT THE HELL, IT IS ONLY OUR MONEY....

I think it is 17. The scary one is the Health Care Czar that will dictate to the states all Federal Health Care programs. .

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »
-8?!!!!   Damn skippy, the dude is in free fall right now.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »
Go Barry go! I want to hear much more from you about buying up the private sector, taking over healthcare and climate change programs!...take no prisoners! Keep on talking baby! 
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »
He dropped 3 points since yestersay....
He was at -5% today -8%.....

People are starting to see what he has done and is doing..."HOPE" it's not to late for some more "CHANGE".....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 08:24:29 PM »
It came to me today, how to describe Mr. Obama,,,,,......he's EDDIE HASKELL times ten!!!!!! :thatsright:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »
It came to me today, how to describe Mr. Obama,,,,,......he's EDDIE HASKELL times ten!!!!!! :thatsright:

Oh, I think Eddie had a LOT more charm than Lord Zero.

"My, Mrs. Cleaver! Your hair looks lovely today! And your dress makes your waistline look so small!"

Sotto voce, "Rahm, get me the file on the Beav. That little bastard is gonna pay for that voodoo doll that looks like me with pins stuck all over the damn thing."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2009, 11:59:41 AM »
^^^^ True.  Eddie Haskell knew what the H*ll he was doing, although the grin is about the same.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »
So it's holding at  -8 today? Axelrod better phone in Gallup and CNN or MSNBC and cook another poll fast.

I have heard the tax cheat Timothy Geithner compared to Eddie the most - he looks like Eddie would if he were all grown-up.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
Actually -7 today.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2009, 04:29:02 PM »
He dropped 3 points since yestersay....
He was at -5% today -8%.....

People are starting to see what he has done and is doing..."HOPE" it's not to late for some more "CHANGE".....

Worrying about your job or finding a new one does not spring eternal hope. He is bringing fear rather than hope; that kinda change will make his numbers go down further and further. The dummy should listen to the tax cutting crowd.   

Offline thundley4

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »

I'm thinking we may have seen the last of positive numbers for Lord Zero, unless there is a huge upswing in employment.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »

I'm thinking we may have seen the last of positive numbers for Lord Zero, unless there is a huge upswing in employment.

Well, eventually there will be, of course.  If he just stopped doing stupid things, that would undoubtedly happen long before the 2012 campaign, I expect the Dems are counting on that and discounting (or entirely wrong about) the countervailing negative effects of their social/fiscal agenda.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »

The upswing in employment is an impossibility as long as there is an uncertainty regarding tax hikes by the Feds, States and cities. Expansion and new business start ups will not happen until the busines climate changes. Obama's and the Democrats anti-business policies are the opposite of what needs to be done, and that is the reducing in taxes. These fools do not get it. So we will be in a period of economic stagnation and rising unemployment for the rest of this year and who knows afterwards.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2009, 10:17:44 AM »
The upswing in employment is an impossibility as long as there is an uncertainty regarding tax hikes by the Feds, States and cities. Expansion and new business start ups will not happen until the busines climate changes. Obama's and the Democrats anti-business policies are the opposite of what needs to be done, and that is the reducing in taxes. These fools do not get it. So we will be in a period of economic stagnation and rising unemployment for the rest of this year and who knows afterwards.

My employer was consider expanding , but that is on hold for just those those reasons.  Illinois is also looking at raising taxes, and who knows what the fed is going to end up doing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »
Obama Approval Rating Slips to 57 Percent

CBS News Poll: President Loses Support Amid Concerns About Economy; Loss In Backing Comes From Democrats And Independents

(CBS)  President Obama's approval rating has fallen six points in the past month, a new CBS News poll finds, amid growing skepticism about his handling of the economy and questions about the impact of the stimulus package.

The president's current approval rating, which is 57 percent, is still relatively high. But it has fallen 11 points from its peak of 68 percent in April, and has also dropped since last month's mark of 63 percent. His disapproval rating, meanwhile, has risen from 23 percent in April to 32 percent today.

The decline in support is coming not from Republicans - whose support for the president has actually risen - but from Democrats and independents. While 82 percent of Democrats still approve of the job Mr. Obama is doing, this number is down ten points from last month.

The president's support among independents has fallen eight points to 50 percent. Only 30 percent of Republicans back Mr. Obama, though that's up from 23 percent in June.

The driving issue behind the president’s decline in approval appears to be the economy. His approval rating on handling the economy is now 48 percent, while 44 percent disapprove. Last month, Americans approved of his handling of this issue by a margin of 22 points.

MORE

You know it's bad for Uncle Zer0 when even CBS reports this.  Without the spin, he's in the tank.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2009, 08:12:18 AM »
Only 30 percent of Republicans back Mr. Obama, though that's up from 23 percent in June.

I am not a Republican, but I utterly fail to understand how ANY Republican - RINO or otherwise - can actually line up behind Lord Zero in support.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »

I am not a Republican, but I utterly fail to understand how ANY Republican - RINO or otherwise - can actually line up behind Lord Zero in support.

And I'd love to know what he did in the last month to garner ANY additional support from anyone, most of all those who claim to be Republicans.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:33 AM »
Here's what I'm having a hard time fathoming.  If you look at Rasmussen, he's had a 30+ point swing since the inauguration, yet his approval rating according to Gallup has only dropped 10-12 points?

Color me skeptical.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2009, 08:36:07 AM »
Here's what I'm having a hard time fathoming.  If you look at Rasmussen, he's had a 30+ point swing since the inauguration, yet his approval rating according to Gallup has only dropped 10-12 points?

Color me skeptical.

It's been a long time since I've looked at this, but Gallup has (or did have) a pretty solid reputation. Their polls are statistically sound.

To me, Rasmussen is the new boy on the block. I don't know much about their rep.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2009, 08:46:05 AM »
Rasmussen is credible, and the only one I will give notice to.  Not a big fan of polls. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2009, 10:13:17 AM »
Still at -8.  The strongly disapprove has taken a dip, but so has the strongly approve, and I'm guessing the latter is the one which won't be recovering anytime soon.  The disapproval, however, will climb as long as the Dems keep banging on the dual drums of cap and trade and healthcare "reform".

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2009, 11:11:04 AM »
I don't trust the polls because a pollster can skew the results by asking slanted questions, a biased interviewer or the pool of voters contacted.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2009, 11:15:31 AM »
I don't trust the polls because a pollster can skew the results by asking slanted questions, a biased interviewer or the pool of voters contacted.

That's true of any data/sample that's assembled, analyzed, and reported from a general population. Certain inferences and generalities have to be present, which is why the pollster allows "plus or minus X" for results.

Polls are a useful method of gauging general trends from within a larger population. They aren't the be-all, end-all, but it's awfully tough to discount polls at large because of possible data "skewing."

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »
Check out the SeeBS pdf file, they overpoll Democrats and Independents - worse yet, they then "weigh" them:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_Obama_071309.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Still at -8.  The strongly disapprove has taken a dip, but so has the strongly approve, and I'm guessing the latter is the one which won't be recovering anytime soon.  The disapproval, however, will climb as long as the Dems keep banging on the dual drums of cap and trade and healthcare "reform".

What's new to me are these "strongly oppose/strongly support" numbers being the focal point. It's a gauge of polarization, IMO. Still, I wonder when it will hit  -10, double-digits, just that it will, for the reasons you stated and the economy and FP. Obama sauid today that unemployment will rise and that they're considering "relief" for the unemployed with mortgages.