Author Topic: What CAN we do about the homeless people we are seeing?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: What CAN we do about the homeless people we are seeing?
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 04:54:46 AM »
I'll bet the Big Zero's plan for the homeless is to forbid mention or description of them in any and all media.

That'll get rid of them.

And the MSM will gladly go along.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 06:44:39 AM »
Well, I am not a callous SOB and do believe strongly in Karma so I try not to be cruel to homeless people.     There are homeless people who are clearly mentally ill that just breaks my heart.    The drunks and addicts I just stand clear of.   

When it is freezing out my first thoughts are to thank God for the warm, safe roof over my children's head, and then I think about the children who aren't so fortunate.    It grounds you.   

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »
HMMMMMM, Didn't their hero FDR build some vacation homes in the middle of the country for our  Jamanese citicens and German Citizens? Perhaps they could move these people, andd themselves, to these luxury camp.......vacation spots for a few years.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 06:25:42 PM »
Naw...more like spotted owl...my favorite.  Problem is it takes 20-30 of 'em for just one serving.   :fuelfire: :innocent:
Funny, they always taste more like Bald Eagle than spotted owl to me...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
I believe that long ago Rush Limbaugh suggested we feed the homeless to the hungry and thus solve two of societies biggest problems.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I believe that long ago Rush Limbaugh suggested we feed the homeless to the hungry and thus solve two of societies biggest problems.
Sounds a lot like Johnathan Swift.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
A Modest Proposal
For Preventing The Children of Poor People in Ireland
From Being Aburden to Their Parents or Country, and
For Making Them Beneficial to The Public

”I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled ...”

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html  :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.