Author Topic: Work requirements on SNAP Suck  (Read 407 times)

Offline CC27

Work requirements on SNAP Suck
« on: May 29, 2023, 03:50:05 PM »
standingtall
Work requirements on SNAP Suck
Reading this board there seems to be a whole lot of trying to polish a turd. Down playing the significance of it by stating that Biden carved out some more exemptions or Democrats can get rid of them once they get back the house. We have just entered into a slippery slope. The old work requirement age 49 directly coincided with Social Security disability grid rules. That after 49 if concluded you can longer do past work it is assumed you cannot transfer to any other line of work. The next logical step is to reform Social disability to conform to the raised work requirement age and the next logical step after that is to raise the retirement age. Unemployment rate as low as it's been in almost 50 or 60 years and we are letting republicans push work requirements. Come on now!

Don't believe for one second that future republicans rather a republican President or a future republican congress are not going to use
the fact that a Democratic President agreed to raising the age on work requirements as they continue to undermine social safety nets. Rinse and repeat the next time there is another Democrat as President and a republican congress there going to do this again. Even if Democrats manage to get back the house and undo this one. Biden should've gambled on invoking the 14th amendment and put an end
to republicans using the debt ceiling as a hostage once and for all before opening the door to this.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217954804

That is some word salad.

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Work requirements on SNAP Suck
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 05:10:36 PM »
That is some word salad.

Perish the thought that an able-bodied SNAP recipient be expected to put in at least 32 hours/week.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 06:52:49 PM »
Perish the thought that an able-bodied SNAP recipient be expected to put in at least 32 hours/week.

Dog forbid that a noble, innocent SNAP recipient  :rotf: contemplate the hours that some PRODUCTIVE sonuvabitch actually had to work to provide those funds for s/h/it.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 07:05:13 PM »
This is why these dolts never get anywhere. They have to try and shift the argument.

First thing out of the box.....

Quote from:
niyad

1. Democrat is a noun. Democratic is an adjective. "Democrat President" is a dead giveaway.

Oh noes!! It didn't put an "ic" at the end of a word. Let's make an issue of it rather than dealing with the topic.

:loser: :loser: :loser:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 07:18:23 PM »
That is some word salad.

I think that the first few sentences roughly translate to "Biden sucks when it comes to SNAP."

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 01:38:44 AM »
From a different thread our favorite moocher chimes in:

mvd (64,877 posts)

9. Yeah, that is what I thought

I don’t like some of it but that part would be worst IMO. The whole work thing is just cruelty. 

Alas, the cruelty of work.  How dare anyone expect me to work?  I deserve your money with no strings attached.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217950967

And our favorite psycho mooch:

Autumn (42,867 posts)

6. The problem with imposing work requirements is that doing so is baby steps to doing away with help

that many people need.

Star Member I_UndergroundPanther (11,812 posts)

42. Yes

Dont take any baby steps to ruining my life and the lives of countless others. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217702559

Star Member I_UndergroundPanther (11,812 posts)

I am sick of this shit

Snap benifiets and the ssi shell game.
( Rearranging ssi payments and hud rents so you never gain any money beyond the same amount year after year.)

Why do I have to live in abject poverty because I am disabled?

Why is this seen as ok by this damn country?

Why is it we always get less and pay more when corporate welfare spending is never cut and the rich are not taxed enough?

That stupid belief in a preordained order of things or hierarchy is what assholes use to justify this bullshit that always screws us.

This is why programs that help the poor,disabled are cut,rather then cut the rich bastards corporate corporate welfare.
That imaginary social caste system/ order as if that is natural or preordained. Its all bullshit.

Cut corporate welfare, dems. Not the very means of survival for the poor. The poor that the rich insure live in scarcity and this shit must stop.

**** the billionairs we cant afford them or thier servant republican party/ fascist lapdogs.

****!!!!!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217702559

I love when she goes on these rants against the people who fund her entire existence.  In her mind all of us taxpayers are horrible people because we don't give her enough to live in the lap of luxury.  The mere fact that I can go buy the nice-to-have things that I want, but don't need, is enough to drive her into a rage.  The fact that I have a "work requirement" for the salary that pays for those things, as well as puts a roof over her head and food on her table, is completely lost on her.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 03:16:15 AM »
The Septic Cat thing reminds me of the slime that used to ooze out of my TV Set.  The things Cooties feed upon.  The skank in stank.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 06:10:54 AM »
The subway cat is the embodiment of the Dem party and leftists. It is both their beliefs and the level of their intelligence. It's refreshing that at least one of the primitives comes right out and says what the left really believes. Way too many of them tip-toe around the issues or they simply agree with whatever the Dems say and do because they haven't a clue of how to form their own viewpoints. But not the subway cat, at least in this case. It's main hang-up is that it can't move beyond blaming the Republican boogieman for all it's problems. The primitives consistently overlook or explain away when the Dems have signed on to things they don't like, as if they're being held hostage and can't refuse.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 08:14:20 AM »
DU-folks demonstrating, again, that the Cave Joke about DU-folk being allergic to work is solidly founded in reality. "Work" is a four-letter-obscenity to many DU members.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.