Author Topic: Biden marks Memorial Day  (Read 261 times)

Offline Delmar

Biden marks Memorial Day
« on: May 29, 2023, 11:43:45 AM »
Mon May 29, 2023, 12:19 PM
Star Member Omaha Steve (93,506 posts)

Biden marks Memorial Day nearly 2 years after ending America's longest war, lauds troops' sacrifice

Source: AP

By AAMER MADHANI and REBECCA SANTANA 4 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden lauded the sacrifice of generations of U.S. troops who died fighting for their country as he marked Memorial Day with the traditional wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery.

Biden was joined by first lady Jill Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and Harris’ husband, Douglas Emhoff, for the 155th National Memorial Day Observance. He had a moment of contemplation in front of the wreath, which was adorned with flowers and a red, white and blue bow, and then bowed his head in prayer.

“We must never forget the price that was paid to protect our democracy,” Biden said later in an address at Memorial Amphitheater. “We must never forget the lives these flags, flowers and marble markers represent.”

”Every year we remember,” he said. “And every year it never gets easier.”
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10143080409

Omaha Steve, who I thought was dead by now, with a post about Biden's Memorial Day remarks.

I was watching the laying of the wreath on TV when I was interrupted by a phone call so I wasn't able to watch it but it will be interesting to hear if Biden was checking his watch during the ceremony.  My guess is that his handlers made him leave his watch back at the White House.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

Re: Biden marks Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 12:49:12 PM »
"I'd like to mark this Veteran's Day to all of the brave burros that went after us. You know my son Bill died in Vietnam. So I know the pain of having a stripper's daughter as a grandfather.  While I look DON"T JUMP!!!! the open lake where I grew up in Potunski, Guadalopuki. Look, like I always have said... no no that's not right... ahh. Look I said too much. Ahh read a bike for our our ahh they are telling me I have to ahh go."

Joe Biden
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 01:04:46 PM »
"I'd like to mark this Veteran's Day to all of the brave burros that went after us. You know my son Bill died in Vietnam. So I know the pain of having a stripper's daughter as a grandfather.  While I look DON"T JUMP!!!! the open lake where I grew up in Potunski, Guadalopuki. Look, like I always have said... no no that's not right... ahh. Look I said too much. Ahh read a bike for our our ahh they are telling me I have to ahh go."

Joe Biden

:bawl:

Shit.
The DUm'Rats have been right this whole time. He really gets us, doesn't he?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 01:21:05 PM »
Only briefly caught a sound bite, but he apparently attributed his late son Beau's death as a casualty of war. As awful as cancer is, have never heard an affirmative medical connection to Beau's brain cancer to his service to our country.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-biden-mourns-son-beau-memorial-day-ceremony-never-gets-easier

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 02:29:38 PM »
As awful as cancer is, have never heard an affirmative medical connection to Beau's brain cancer to his service to our country.

Maybe he inherited it from his dad.

(My tasteless joke for the day.)