Author Topic: WTF Joe ?  (Read 540 times)

Offline CC27

WTF Joe ?
« on: May 25, 2023, 03:05:47 PM »
Beachnutt (5,506 posts)

WTF Joe ?
I thought egg prices were suppose to stay high...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217944510

Stupid is strong  :shortbus:

Offline SVPete

Re: WTF Joe ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 03:23:47 PM »
The cartons of 18 Large eggs I usually buy have been $6.89 for about 2 months. The pic in the DU thread is either fauxtoshopped, a printing error, or there is missing context (e.g. the eggs are almost at their expiration date).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 04:13:06 PM »
Star Member MontanaMama (21,980 posts  :)
3. I actually feel really badly when I see egg prices this low.

The chickens that lay those eggs never see the sun or get to scratch and peck at the ground.

Even if eggs were $25.00 a dozen it wouldn’t make any difference to the chickens

Hekate (83,927 posts)
6. Gosh, I still pay $3/doz to my SIL. But then, her hens get organic feed & are happy birds. they also belong to the egg layer of America unionnt

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 04:57:53 PM »
A republican could probably run for office with "WTF Joe?" as their slogan.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 05:22:14 PM »
A dozen extra large eggs is $1.35 at our local Walmart
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 06:41:54 PM »
A dozen extra large eggs is $1.35 at our local Walmart

Took this about 5 minutes ago. This is what we're paying for 5 dozen eggs at the Galt's Gulch Sam's Club...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 06:50:54 PM »
Took this about 5 minutes ago. This is what we're paying for 5 dozen eggs at the Galt's Gulch Sam's Club...

False flag, you photoshopped that!!! :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

:rotf:

On a serious note, consumer prices have fluctuations in very unusual ways and never in a linear fashion. When I lived in the communist state of Illinois, was working in neighboring Lake County while residing in Cook County about 10 miles apart from one another.  Once every couple weeks I'd take the former Mrs. Wiggum's automobile to work and fill up her tank and save over a dollar a gallon because of the insufferable Chicago gas prices.  And was over a decade ago, not the even more astronomical tax structure that has been implemented in Illinois and nationwide now.

That's why economics and a free market economy operate as they do.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 10:09:27 PM »
The primitives seem to forget the phenomenon where prices will rise to x + 100, in a spurt of astronomical inflation, which gets everybody all upset and bent out of shape, such as with gasoline prices a few years ago.

And then after a while, everybody gets used to that x + 100 price.....after which it drops to x + 50, making everyone think it's a really wonderful price reduction.

But as with gasoline prices, it never goes back to x as it had originally been.

I notice nobody's complained about gasoline prices lately, even though they're still much higher they had been under MAGA.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 08:05:24 AM »
The primitives seem to forget the phenomenon where prices will rise to x + 100, in a spurt of astronomical inflation, which gets everybody all upset and bent out of shape, such as with gasoline prices a few years ago.

And then after a while, everybody gets used to that x + 100 price.....after which it drops to x + 50, making everyone think it's a really wonderful price reduction.

But as with gasoline prices, it never goes back to x as it had originally been.

I notice nobody's complained about gasoline prices lately, even though they're still much higher they had been under MAGA.

1. While my current price of eggs is what I posted above, $6.89 (I suspect CA's anti-farmer regs are a large part of why the price is so much higher than other parts of the US), it had been, for a few weeks, $2 per 18-pack higher, due to several weeks of local supply disruption of some sort (many/most eggs for our area come from low-reg Nevada? and snow in the Sierras messed up deliveries?), with shelves in the cooler being close to bare.

2. I'm still paying on the order of a dollar a gallon more than I was in late 2020. This doesn't clobber my family, since my commute is ~10 1/2 miles, and my wife's and daughters' (they work at the same place) commute is ~2 miles. But for someone commuting into Silicon Valley from Livermore, Tracy, or Manteca, they're getting HURT!!!. I get it, the 2/3 of Californians who voted for LIEden are "getting what they voted for," but the 1/3 who voted for Trump are getting what they presciently voted against.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 10:15:08 AM »
WTF FJB?

Inflation soared 13% month to month from 3.9% to 4.4%  in April.  And things will only get worse as FJB has no more taxpayer oil left as a political donation to himself and the demo-fascist party. Expect the summer time gas prices to go up 15-20%.

I recommend DUmbass DUchebags not read the above as it is fact and reality of which you DUmmys are scared and frightened of.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 10:55:56 AM »
Inflation soared 13% month to month from 3.9% to 4.4%  in April.  And things will only get worse as FJB has no more taxpayer oil left as a political donation to himself and the demo-fascist party. Expect the summer time gas prices to go up 15-20%.

Contrary to the popular narrative, FDR did not save the US from or end the Great Depression. His government "pump priming" could not work because it was small and produced little of value. What did end the Great Depression, weirdly enough, were Adolph Hitler and Hideki Tojo. Between production of weapons and war materials and labor becoming tight due to millions of men in the armed services, unemployment was solved, factories (re)built, and stuff got produced and consumed.

Not learning the lesson that government "pump priming" cannot work because it is small and produces little of value has been hurting the US for decades. Getting government off creative and productive people's @$$es would work miracles over time, but Dems and even some Rs don't/can't think that way.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 02:47:51 PM »
Contrary to the popular narrative, FDR did not save the US from or end the Great Depression.

If anything FDR's economic policies made the depression last 7-8 years longer. It would have been much longer, as they planned, if WWII had not brought the USA out of depression. I will give FDR one thing he did actually spend money on infrastructure projects and not just give it away for nothing of value. FDR was a real democrat, hated blacks, hated Jews, hated the middle class, and was wrong on pretty much every policy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2023, 03:11:57 PM »
If anything FDR's economic policies made the depression last 7-8 years longer. It would have been much longer, as they planned, if WWII had not brought the USA out of depression. I will give FDR one thing he did actually spend money on infrastructure projects and not just give it away for nothing of value. FDR was a real democrat, hated blacks, hated Jews, hated the middle class, and was wrong on pretty much every policy.

On reflection, my comment, "produced little of value," was not correct. At least one building in the old high school, now junior high, in my home town was built in 1934 by the WPA or PWA (I remember seeing the plaque). Also, the PO building was also built by one of those agencies. AFAIK, both are still in use, a reflection on the quality of design and workmanship. By tying doing work to the bennies, these programs were not as corrosive of beneficiaries' work ethic as some of LBJ's "Great Society" social programs where bennies did not depend on doing work.