Author Topic: Why is the DoJ not taking Trump's threats of violence seriously?  (Read 399 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Marius25 (1,674 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217755552

Why is the DoJ not taking Trump's threats of violence seriously?

Trump posted another, even more blatant threat of violence on Truth Social last night, saying there will be "death and destruction" if he's indicted.

The Judge in the Jean Carroll rape trial is making the jury anonymous due to Trump's terrorist threats.

Yet it seems like the DoJ is just ignoring this. People have recently been arrested and convicted for inciting violence against public officials.

Why not Trump?

:whatever:

maybe because he hasn't broken any laws...

Star Member Emile (11,854 posts)

1. Encouraging and stirring up violent or unlawful behavior is against the law.

Star Member Silent3 (13,589 posts)

10. Imagine if a democratic politician was saying the same sorts of things...

...stirring up violence against, say, the conservative justices who overturned Roe v. Wade.

I don't think we'd need a "inside track" to know what the DoJ would be doing about THAT.

Star Member gab13by13 (15,578 posts)

9. We don't have laws in the US for hate speech,

other countries have them. Trump hasn't broken any laws.

:rotf:

Star Member gab13by13 (15,578 posts)

46. Alvin Bragg and Fani Willis

have amped up their security. Fani even provided bullet proof vests for her prosecutors.

No doubt the FBI is monitoring hate sites on the internet. The FBI isn't just sitting back and waiting until something happens.

oh, I'm pretty sure the FBI is planning something...

Star Member librechik (30,524 posts)

54. Because a large.number in DOJ are Shitsters

And they throw sand in the eyes, wrenches in the machinery and turds in the punch bowl of everything Dems want to do.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Why is the DoJ not taking Trump's threats of violence seriously?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 11:34:36 AM »
Trump Exploits Little-Known Legal Loophole Where You Avoid Indictment By Not Committing A Crime

PALM BEACH, FL — As rumors continue to filter in that Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg's attempt to indict former President Donald Trump is falling apart, a new report has indicated Trump's team of attorneys is seeking to exploit a little-known legal loophole through which he can avoid indictment by not actually committing any crime.

"Not many people actually know this, but not committing a federal crime is a great way to completely avoid indictment," said Joe Tacopina, a member of Trump's legal team. "Having a veritable who's who of attorneys in your corner is helpful to really dig deep and find this type of legal ace-in-the-hole."

The revelation of this loophole provides an explanation for the former President's seemingly nonchalant attitude toward the New York legal case. Trump again expressed his innocence in a post to his Truth Social account. "You can't indict someone when they don't actually commit a crime! Everyone says so!" Trump said. "Only my team of attorneys, the very best ever assembled in human history, could make this discovery, yet the corrupt New York DA continues this witch hunt! SAD!"

Despite Trump's use of this seldom-utilized tactic, Mr. Bragg vowed to continue moving forward with the case. "I don't care if he's committed a crime or not," Bragg said in a statement to the media. "We've got to stop his 2024 campaign somehow, so we'll just keep trying to make stuff up. I'm in full-on straw-grasping mode here."

At publishing time, Hunter Biden was reportedly asking his lawyers about this loophole only to be told it's not an option due to the fact that he's legitimately guilty of obscenely horrible crimes.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 12:12:51 PM »
Trump Exploits Little-Known Legal Loophole Where You Avoid Indictment By Not Committing A Crime

PALM BEACH, FL — As rumors continue to filter in that Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg's attempt to indict former President Donald Trump is falling apart, a new report has indicated Trump's team of attorneys is seeking to exploit a little-known legal loophole through which he can avoid indictment by not actually committing any crime.

"Not many people actually know this, but not committing a federal crime is a great way to completely avoid indictment," said Joe Tacopina, a member of Trump's legal team. "Having a veritable who's who of attorneys in your corner is helpful to really dig deep and find this type of legal ace-in-the-hole."

The revelation of this loophole provides an explanation for the former President's seemingly nonchalant attitude toward the New York legal case. Trump again expressed his innocence in a post to his Truth Social account. "You can't indict someone when they don't actually commit a crime! Everyone says so!" Trump said. "Only my team of attorneys, the very best ever assembled in human history, could make this discovery, yet the corrupt New York DA continues this witch hunt! SAD!"

Despite Trump's use of this seldom-utilized tactic, Mr. Bragg vowed to continue moving forward with the case. "I don't care if he's committed a crime or not," Bragg said in a statement to the media. "We've got to stop his 2024 campaign somehow, so we'll just keep trying to make stuff up. I'm in full-on straw-grasping mode here."

At publishing time, Hunter Biden was reportedly asking his lawyers about this loophole only to be told it's not an option due to the fact that he's legitimately guilty of obscenely horrible crimes.

I know this is The Bee but frankly it should be NOT The Bee.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 12:57:36 PM »
10. Imagine if a democratic politician was saying the same sorts of things...

...stirring up violence against, say, the conservative justices who overturned Roe v. Wade.

I don't think we'd need a "inside track" to know what the DoJ would be doing about THAT.

No need to imagine; it has happened.

As to the original question, it's likely because they know the right isn't nearly as violent as they are in the fever dreams of leftists.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 09:57:34 AM »
...As to the original question, it's likely because they know the right isn't nearly as violent as they are in the fever dreams of leftists.

We don't HAVE to be violent like the leftist scum. WE are the ones with the majority of the guns, and the know-how to employ them properly. Ergo, just like the old lady answered when the State Trooper asked her, WE aren't afraid of a damned thing.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Online Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 10:30:54 PM »
They took ME seriously.

-signed The Trump-Van Guy, who mailed plastic toy-parts to 'prominent' democrats before his mom ratted-on him.