Author Topic: about that comment I posted last Thursday.  (Read 859 times)

Offline Mary Ann

about that comment I posted last Thursday.
« on: December 04, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217431968
Star Member cab67 (2,336 posts)

about that comment I posted last Thursday.

I commented about an event sponsored by the Young Americans for Freedom that happened in my department's building.

Upon reflection, I shouldn't have used disparaging language against students at my own institution. I regret that.

(Not saying I like what the organization stands for - only that I crossed a line when I spoke about the members themselves. I've got an ethical duty to avoid doing that.)
Hmm . . .  Somebody worried about their job, maybe? Did cab67 walldude him/herself?

Offline jukin

Re: about that comment I posted last Thursday.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 04:58:59 PM »
Star DUmmy cab67, there is no parking in the Doug Bolina(sp?) marked areas. 

Paging Tess to the white courtesy phone. Tess to the white courtesy phone.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 05:23:18 PM »
This must be the post the primitive is sweating it about.

4 hrs ago
Star Member cab67
So some YAF knobs were in our building yesterday.

The local chapter of the Young Americans for Freedom was hosting a presentation by Allen West yesterday evening. The university, in its wisdom, decided to assign the general-use lecture room in our building for this event.

(We're the only academic unit in our building. We control the scheduling for most classrooms, but a few - including our larger lecture room - are "general use" classrooms, and their scheduling is controlled by the university's facilities office. We found out this particular event was happening in our building only a day or so before it was scheduled to happen. And none of us can figure out why they chose the lecture room in our department, because it's not big and isn't really set up for the kind of event that might attract opposition.)

Pretty much everyone in my department had gone home long before this presentation was to happen. None of us has any interest in anything Allen West has to say. And to be honest, I'm surprised anyone might. If there's a picture next to the definition of "has-been loser" in the dictionary, it's West's portrait.

But we were treated to some YAF members wandering the building throughout the day. These people were evidently unaware that the lecture room they were scheduled to use was being used throughout the day for lectures. At one point, our office manager had to get them to leave the room; they had decided to set up early, but a class was scheduled to meet not long after they tried to do this. And just so everyone knows, there's a timetable of classes and other meetings scheduled for each classroom taped to each classroom's door.

Identifying these self-important douchebags - the male ones, anyway - was easy. They all wore blue blazers and ties, and each had some sort of button on the lapel.

These congressman cosplayers thought it made them look like intellectuals, but it didn't. It made them look like Backpfeifengesichten.

I don't think anything important happened. The student newspaper ran a short article about it this morning, but that's it.

Still - having free-range red-hatters with an overblown sense of intelligence was mildly entertaining, even if occasionally annoying.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m-vx1bvg-GcJ:https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217424349&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 05:31:30 PM »
Thanks, Delmar! I couldn't find it.
None of us has any interest in anything Allen West has to say. And to be honest, I'm surprised anyone might. If there's a picture next to the definition of "has-been loser" in the dictionary, it's West's portrait
Of course, Allan West is a very accomplished man, serving as a Congressman, and previously, as a military officer.

Want to know what the portrait of a brain-damaged loser looks like?? Look up Fetterman.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 05:33:40 PM by Mary Ann »

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 05:36:39 PM »
The irony of a du "educationalist" calling somebody a self-important douchebag hasn't been lost....
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 06:28:08 PM »
The irony of a du "educationalist" calling somebody a self-important douchebag hasn't been lost....

One sees in others what one sees in oneself...

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 06:55:40 PM »
One sees in others what one sees in oneself...
I'm just happy to know where my self-important douchebaggery begins and ends  :wink:
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 11:29:10 PM »
Using the information he's provided at the DUmp makes it pretty easy to identify him.  Last Wednesday (November 30) Cornell West gave a lecture in Trowbridge Hall at the University of Iowa.  Trowbridge Hall houses the Earth and Environmental Sciences department.  This DUmmy has stated that he's a professor whose background is vertebrate paleontology with a focus on crocodyliforms (crocodiles, alligators, gharials, and their extinct relatives).  A quick look at the faculty directory for the Earth and Environmental Sciences department yields one individual with a background in vertebrate paleontology with a focus on crocodyliforms.  Their initials happen to be CAB and their birthyear is 1967.  So DUmmy if you want to remain anonymous on the internet don't tell everyone where you work, what you specialize in and use your initials for a username.  Or somebody might spend ten minutes and know your real name, your work address down to your office number, your email address and your phone number.  And, maybe more importantly, the name, email address and phone number of your boss.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 01:12:51 AM »
Star Member cab67 has exposed its self among the unwashed.  Its "pronoun" is unknown, but it likely rhymes with !binary.   These stupids are only unique in their stupidity.  May they all fall prey to the misery they choose to deliver upon honest Americans.   GFY cab67.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 08:09:00 AM »
Re the post Delmar found ( :hi5: ), that would land a less-than-Prog prof in significant trouble or worse, but a Prog prof, nah.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 03:25:02 PM »
Using the information he's provided at the DUmp makes it pretty easy to identify him.  Last Wednesday (November 30) Cornell West gave a lecture in Trowbridge Hall at the University of Iowa.  Trowbridge Hall houses the Earth and Environmental Sciences department.  This DUmmy has stated that he's a professor whose background is vertebrate paleontology with a focus on crocodyliforms (crocodiles, alligators, gharials, and their extinct relatives).  A quick look at the faculty directory for the Earth and Environmental Sciences department yields one individual with a background in vertebrate paleontology with a focus on crocodyliforms.  Their initials happen to be CAB and their birthyear is 1967.  So DUmmy if you want to remain anonymous on the internet don't tell everyone where you work, what you specialize in and use your initials for a username.  Or somebody might spend ten minutes and know your real name, your work address down to your office number, your email address and your phone number.  And, maybe more importantly, the name, email address and phone number of your boss.

yeah, roadmap time:

https://www.facebook.com/chris.brochu
https://clas.uiowa.edu/ees/people/christopher-brochu

just another far-left loony professor:

::)
 :rotf:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 03:35:30 PM »
DUmmie with schnozz in the air, bird imitates.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 05:24:44 PM »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2022, 05:53:05 AM »
yeah, roadmap time:

https://www.facebook.com/chris.brochu
https://clas.uiowa.edu/ees/people/christopher-brochu

just another far-left loony professor:

::)
 :rotf:

Fashions himself an Indiana Jones type, from the looks of it.   :rotf:

Welcome back, Tess!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen