Author Topic: Monkeypox Primarily Affects Gay Men. Why Are We Scared to Say It?  (Read 620 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Monkeypox seemingly sprung out of nowhere to infect large swathes of the globe, replacing COVID-19 as the malady du jour. Experts say the number of monkeypox cases is severely undercounted, and the World Health Organization just declared the disease a global health emergency.

Monkeypox has hit America particularly hard. Our nation has the most recorded cases on Earth, with nearly a third centralized in New York City. 

So, are we due for a new plague on par with the coronavirus? 

According to the data, not unless you’re a gay guy. 

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine reported that 98% of those infected around the world were gay or bisexual men who were having sex with other men. 

That seems to indicate definitively that a specific demographic is more at risk for contracting monkeypox than others.

Yet the messaging strategy surrounding monkeypox seemingly has sought to obfuscate this fact. Buried under a mountain of menus on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website is this nugget specifying who should get vaccinated: “Currently, this outbreak is largely affecting gay, bisexual, or other men who have sex with men.” 

And even when they do say something about how monkeypox almost exclusively infects gay men, public health officials couch their language by citing a nonexistent stigma against gay men as the reason.

~ snip ~

Long before monkeypox or the novel coronavirus, there was AIDS. 

The 1980s saw mass panic surrounding this new and deadly illness. Although the average American had no idea who could contract the HIV virus that causes AIDS, it was clear to many health experts that the disease disparately affected gay men.

So naturally they lied and said it affected everyone.

In a 1983 article, a younger Fauci declared that children and heterosexual adults were at risk of contracting AIDS, as there existed “the possibility that routine close contact, as within a family household, can spread the disease.” 

In 1996, The Wall Street Journal reported on the consequences of the decision to pretend everyone could get AIDS, to spare the feelings of gay men.

“The emphasis on the broad reach of the disease has virtually ensured that precious funds won’t go where they are most needed,” the Journal wrote nearly 30 years ago. “For instance, though homosexuals and intravenous drug users now account for 83% of all AIDS cases reported in the U.S., the federal AIDS-prevention budget includes no specific allocation for programs for homosexual and bisexual men.”

Sound familiar? 

More via The Daily Signal
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Monkeypox Primarily Affects Gay Men. Why Are We Scared to Say It?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 03:05:03 PM »
It needs to be renamed to "Gods cure for homosexuality" :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 04:38:25 PM »
Please said the same thing when AIDS started to gain attention in the early 80s. Then the bi-sexuals became the bridge into the heterosexual population and it became everyone's problem. Same thing will happen with Monkey Pox.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:42:12 AM »
“Currently, this outbreak is largely affecting gay, bisexual, or other men who have sex with men.”

Apart from those men who are raped or in prison or both, who in the hell has sex with men who aren't faggots?  :o
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 08:58:45 AM »
Please said the same thing when AIDS started to gain attention in the early 80s. Then the bi-sexuals became the bridge into the heterosexual population and it became everyone's problem. Same thing will happen with Monkey Pox.

We're potentially repeating the same thing from about 40 years ago, because it is politically incorrect to do anything that offends the gays and their lifestyle.

And crap like this doesn't help:

San Fransisco To Hold Gay Sex Festival Despite City Declaring Emergency Over Monkeypox Outbreak

San Francisco will hold an annual sexual festival popular among gay men this weekend even though the city declared a local health emergency over the Monkeypox outbreak earlier this week.

The “Up Your Alley” leather fetish festival, commonly called “Dore Alley,” scheduled for Sunday, is expected to bring thousands of people to the city’s SoMa area, featuring kink demonstrations, dancing, and shopping, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. The annual event has been running since 1985, being canceled only once since then due to the COVID pandemic in 2020.

Some people who have attended the event in the past are having second thoughts this year due to the Monkeypox outbreak in San Francisco. The most recent data shows 257 confirmed cases in the city, and city leaders recently announced a public health emergency that will go into effect on August 1.

“The same population that’s being most affected by the disease is the same population that attends these events, most exclusively,” 29-year-old San Francisco resident David Harris said. “I just don’t even want to be here this weekend.”

Harris, who identifies as bisexual, told the Chronicle that he is frustrated with the group organizing the event, Folsom Street, for their apparent lack of concern around the disease. “I’ve been scanning their posts. They have yet to say a single word even mentioning the word ‘monkeypox.’ … It just feels utterly irresponsible,” Harris said.

While Monkeypox is not spread exclusively through sex, the disease is infecting gay men at a far higher rate than any other demographic. A new report from California showed that 91.7% of monkeypox cases in the state are in “[g]ay, lesbian, or same gender loving people,” while men make up 98.3% of all infections, The Daily Wire reported.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/san-fransisco-to-hold-gay-sex-festival-despite-city-declaring-emergency-over-monkeypox-outbreak

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 01:07:36 PM »
Some people who have attended the event in the past are having second thoughts this year due to the Monkeypox outbreak in San Francisco.

But I bet they are not concerned about the needles and piles of human shit in the streets. :thatsright:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 01:28:52 PM »
But I bet they are not concerned about the needles and piles of human shit in the streets. :thatsright:

You shouldn't use those terms to describe homosexuals. [/San Fagsicko]

:gay2: :gay: :gay2:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 04:08:50 PM »
M’pox isn’t, of itself, an STD, but being spread by contact …… . The current outbreak basically started with two large international “Pride” festivals that were attended by gays from Africa - where the disease is endemic among 4-legged mammals. Promiscuity happened, transmission happened, and worldwide promiscuity happened … and cities worldwide with large gay populations are now having epidemics. Lust is overpowering common sense, not unusual in some sectors of the gay community.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 04:17:43 PM »
M’pox isn’t, of itself, an STD, but being spread by contact …… . The current outbreak basically started with two large international “Pride” festivals that were attended by gays from Africa - where the disease is endemic among 4-legged mammals. Promiscuity happened, transmission happened, and worldwide promiscuity happened … and cities worldwide with large gay populations are now having epidemics. Lust is overpowering common sense, not unusual in some sectors of the gay community.

Why is it when there is talk of the "gay community" I immediately think of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2022, 04:34:03 PM »
Why is it when there is talk of the "gay community" I immediately think of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Your thinking is wishful?

As I posted on another site, maybe that Moses dude had a point.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 06:01:43 AM »
Your thinking is wishful?

As I posted on another site, maybe that Moses dude had a point.

Nothing "wishful" about it. It's simply an aberrant lifestyle. I wish gays no evil, but I do think the S & G Bible reference is on point. Furthermore, any effort by those who practice this lifestyle to normalize it or call it perfectly natural reveal a severe form of mental illness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 07:34:43 AM »
Nothing "wishful" about it. It's simply an aberrant lifestyle. I wish gays no evil, but I do think the S & G Bible reference is on point. Furthermore, any effort by those who practice this lifestyle to normalize it or call it perfectly natural reveal a severe form of mental illness.

Exactly!! and it's not bad enough that they want us to believe it's normal but that we have to accept and agree with it as well. If we disagree we are branded homophobic.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2022, 09:42:38 AM »
In related "news":

WATCH: Tucker Carlson Confirms Viewers Prefer A New Name For Monkeypox: ‘Schlong COVID’

On Thursday, roughly six weeks after the World Health Organization decided to rename the disease monkeypox after some claimed the name was discriminatory, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson confirmed that his viewers had decided to give the Centers for Disease Control and the American people a new name for the disease.

Carlson made an implicit reference to the manner in which the disease has been largely spread through homosexual behavior in addition to a side reference to “Long COVID” as he pronounced his name for the disease.

Other options in the poll were:

Hunter Hives
Midterm Variant
Adam Schiffilis

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-tucker-carlson-confirms-viewers-prefer-a-new-name-for-monkeypox-schlong-covid

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2022, 10:03:00 AM »
On Thursday, roughly six weeks after the World Health Organization decided to rename the disease monkeypox after some claimed the name was discriminatory, ...

There's a Simian Rights organization (way) out there?

Howzabout Swillwell Putzitis?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2022, 10:44:01 AM »
Now I know WHY the Mayor of S.F. declared it a "local public health emergency".    :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 11:22:48 AM »
Now I know WHY the Mayor of S.F. declared it a "local public health emergency".    :thatsright:

As I posted above:

Pretty much every city with a large gay community is experiencing local epidemics of m'pox in their gay communities. Promiscuity - homo or hetero - has consequences. The Moses dude had a point.