Author Topic: Ahead of Expected Dismal Economic Data, White House Seeks to Redefine Recession  (Read 270 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
White House economic advisers issued a note on Thursday clarifying the definition of recession prior to the release next week of probably dismal economic data.

Most economists generally look for two consecutive quarters of decline in gross domestic product (GDP) to determine whether an economy has entered a recession. The White House Council of Economic Advisers, however, opposes this definition in a new blog.

“While some maintain that two consecutive quarters of falling real GDP constitute a recession, that is neither the official definition nor the way economists evaluate the state of the business cycle,” the officials wrote.

The second-quarter GDP data will be released on July 28.

The White House claims that the most recent economic data, including the strong jobs market, do not indicate a recession.

“Based on these data, it is unlikely that the decline in GDP in the first quarter of this year—even if followed by another GDP decline in the second quarter—indicates a recession.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/what-exactly-is-recession-white-house-issues-note-defining-recession_4615264.html

Comparable to redefining gender language, these clowns are trying to change accepted financial language and definitions. :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Just like they monkied with the numbers of unemployed during the GLORIOUS 0-CONOMIC BOOM of Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch's regime.  :whatever:

If you can't tell, I don't look to the #GovernmentExtortionRacket when seeking the fount of all truth.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
It’s all they have. Any time the left doesn’t like something that makes them look bad the first idea they have is; hey, let’s rename or redefine this!!

They think somehow this makes it all ok.

They are a simple people, after all.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen