Author Topic: Starbucks closing 16 stores in Democrat cities over safety concerns  (Read 674 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Starbucks closing 16 stores in Democrat cities over safety concerns
https://thepostmillennial.com/starbucks-closing-16-stores-in-democrat-cities-over-safety-concerns

Starbucks will be closing 16 US stores in response to spiking crime including assault, drug use and theft.

The company announced that the 16 US stores will close by July 31, including five in Seattle, one in Everett, six in the Los Angeles area, two in Portland, Ore., and locations in Philadelphia and Washington, DC. Employees at the stores that are closing can ask to be reassigned to other stores.

The coffee giant said the move was part of an attempt to increase security at the shops. In a memo to employees released on Monday, Starbucks senior vice presidents for US operations Denise Nielsen and Debbie Stroud said the changes are in response to issues involving "personal safety, racism, lack of access to health care, a growing mental health crisis, rising drug use and more" in the stores.

"We read every incident report you file—it’s a lot," the pair wrote in the memo. They added, "We cannot serve as partners if we don’t first feel safe at work."

Starbucks is closing locations in Seattle, Everett, Los Angeles area, Portland, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC. They are in leftist cities.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Starbucks closing 16 stores in Democrat cities over safety concerns
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 07:49:07 PM »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 08:09:27 AM »
Starbucks closing 16 stores in Democrat cities over safety concerns
https://thepostmillennial.com/starbucks-closing-16-stores-in-democrat-cities-over-safety-concerns

Starbucks is closing locations in Seattle, Everett, Los Angeles area, Portland, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC. They are in leftist cities.

With uber-leftist DAs who refuse to do their jobs, +/- Everett.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:24:13 AM »
Starbucks' first store was in Seattle. Ouch.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 07:50:53 PM »
Starbucks' first store was in Seattle. Ouch.

Yeah, I was thinking their corporate HQ is in Seattle.

No matter to me. I stopped buying Charbucks' products 10+ years ago. Their coffee tastes burned, it's way too expensive, and their politics suck.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 09:35:53 AM »
I love it when all the things the lefties vote for bites them in the ass. Especially the woke corporations, let it drive  them broke. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 08:47:06 PM »
"This Is Just The Beginning": Starbucks CEO Warns Of More Store Closures In Leaked Video
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/just-beginning-starbucks-ceo-warns-more-store-closures-due-crime

One day after Starbucks announced the closure of 16 profitable locations in major cities due to dangerous incidents related to drug use and 'other disruptions' in cafes, a leaked video of interim CEO Howard Schultz warning of 'more' store closures was posted to Twitter.

"This is just the beginning. There will be more," said Schultz during an internal meeting in which he acknowledged concerns over employee safety, adding "Then we heard the stories that go along with it about what’s going on in our bathrooms. The subject of mental illness, homelessness issues and crime issues."

Schultz added that the US "has become unsafe" and that Starbucks is a "window to America."

Starbucks is closing more locations because of crime and drug use.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 08:28:25 AM »
"This Is Just The Beginning": Starbucks CEO Warns Of More Store Closures In Leaked Video
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/just-beginning-starbucks-ceo-warns-more-store-closures-due-crime

Starbucks is closing more locations because of crime and drug use.

:rotf:   :lmao:  I love it. Waaaaay too much competition out there to put up that woke company. I hope the f'n thing goes belly-up.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 11:43:23 AM »
Starbucks makes good on promise to close more stores as crime rages in New Orleans
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/starbucks-makes-good-promise-close-more-stores-crime-rages-new-orleans

A popular Starbucks location in New Orleans will close next month due to safety concerns, just weeks after Starbucks' top executive said crime will force stores across the country to close.

"Challenges to personal safety and security, racism, a growing mental health crisis, and issues magnified by COVID are challenges playing out within our stores," Starbucks spokesman Sam Jefferies said of the closure in New Orleans, according to Fox 8.

The Canal Street Starbucks location has been in operation for nine years. It will officially close on Oct. 3.

Starbucks officials announced in July that 16 stores across the country were closing due to safety concerns.

Starbucks is closing location in New Orleans due to crime. New Orleans has the highest murder rate.

New Orleans became the murder capital of the country this month, at ​​52 homicides per 100,000 residents as of Sept. 11, according to data from the Metropolitan Crime Commission. New Orleans has eclipsed the number of homicides in other notoriously dangerous cities, such as St. Louis and Chicago.

All in, homicides in New Orleans are up 141% when compared to 2019 and up 78% when compared to 2021, according to the data.

Five other Starbucks locations in New Orleans' downtown area will remain open, and other business owners along Canal Street say they have no plans to shutting down, Fox 8 reported.

"Yes, (Starbucks) have had a little bit of a problem. We don’t have anything. Business is better than ever. I think one closure shouldn’t symbolize this entire street, and that’s my concern," David Rubenstein, owner of Canal Street clothing store Rubenstein’s, told Fox 8. "I mean you can just see the people. Everything is not perfect, but the world has changed. Yes, we are concerned, but we are very happy at this spot. We’re not leaving."

He added that his biggest concern for the area is homeless people drinking and sleeping along Canal Street.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2022, 12:45:53 PM »
Starbucks makes good on promise to close more stores as crime rages in New Orleans
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/starbucks-makes-good-promise-close-more-stores-crime-rages-new-orleans

Starbucks is closing location in New Orleans due to crime. New Orleans has the highest murder rate.

When people/companies who are very much ideologically aligned with you are leaving the cities you run...

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 04:59:46 PM »
They should
 Turn the closed stores into public toilets drugcsafeczones and quickie sex marts.  :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 05:01:34 PM »
They should
 Turn the closed stores into public toilets drugcsafeczones and quickie sex marts.  :rotf:

They could,

but the only difference would be the cessation of coffee sales in those locations.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2022, 05:05:29 PM »
They could,

but the only difference would be the cessation of coffee sales in those locations.

Why stop?  You need the caffeine buzz to do the kaboom-kaboom!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.