Author Topic: Iowa Democrat Senate candidate wants to make state 'liberal' like California  (Read 777 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
 A Democrat Senate candidate in Iowa wants to make the state more "liberal."

During a campaign event at a high school in Des Moines, Iowa, retired Navy Vice Admiral Michael Franken, the Iowa Democrat taking on longtime Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, said that he wanted to "change" the state to have more "progressive thought" than California.

"Like Iowa used to be," Franken said. "We would swing at ideas well before states like California."

"We were the generators of good ideas," the Iowa Democrat added.

However, Franken’s goal to surpass the Golden State in liberalness may not be the golden messaging he’s looking for as inflation rises nationwide, but especially in California.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/iowa-senate-dem-make-state-liberal-california

Well, thanks for your service Vice Admiral.

Secondly, shut up, you're an idiot. Grassley is older than Poopy Joe, but he's at least conservative and can string together coherent thoughts.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I see Franken is a full-blown Barry Boy.

He retired in 2017. Most of his assignments running up to his retirement were the classic "good ol' boy" assignments, with perhaps the culmination being his being the first military officer to serve as a "legislative fellow" for Chappaquiddick Ted.

You can believe this guy's knees are heavily calloused.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

Secondly, shut up, you're an idiot. Grassley is older than Poopy Joe, but he's at least conservative and can string together coherent thoughts.

Speaking of poop, is this guy saying he wants more of that in the streets than in San Francisco? Is that what he means by being "generators"?  :lmao:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

I see Franken is a full-blown Barry Boy.

He retired in 2017. Most of his assignments running up to his retirement were the classic "good ol' boy" assignments, with perhaps the culmination being his being the first military officer to serve as a "legislative fellow" for Chappaquiddick Ted.

You can believe this guy's knees are heavily calloused.  :whatever:

Thanks for the research as I've never heard of this guy, nor the way that weaselly way that some leftists work their way up the ladder in the military.  If he worked for Fat Teddy, that's an automatic no.  Wonder if any Iowa media outlets will be performing any acts of journalistic gratification for the Vice Admiral.

Offline Mr Mannn

I live in Iowa. Believe me, being more like California is pretty low on the priority list here.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

I live in Iowa. Believe me, being more like California is pretty low on the priority list here.

Grassley was first elected to the U.S. Senate the same year that Reagan beat Carter like a rented mule. Having intermittently lived in the state, am quite familiar with Iowa and their electoral preferences. Grassley isn't very likely to lose, but I'd concentrate more attention on kicking Cindy Axne to the curb by electing Zach Nunn.