Author Topic: Warning: Obama is going to throw the liberal blogs under the bus  (Read 1670 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Warning: Obama is going to throw the liberal blogs under the bus
« on: September 03, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »
It's getting pretty cowded under the bus...

beachmom  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 04:43 PM
Original message
Warning: Obama is going to throw the liberal blogs under the bus Thursday. Frankly, we deserve it.
 http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6904908

Edited on Wed Sep-03-08 04:44 PM by beachmom
This is a must read post by Al Giordano:

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/thefield/dont-blow-it-...

Don't Blow It, Netroots Bloggers

Marc Ambinder, blogger-journalist for The Atlantic, asks aloud:

Does the McCain campaign think that their ticket can win if they go to war with the press 60 days out?

The answer is, most definitively, yes.

And the question reveals the very hubris on the part of so much of the media that makes such a war an irresistible and smart gambit by the McCain-Palin campaign.

What members of the national media don't understand - what they have never understood - is why "running against the media" is such a good strategy.

Most members of the commercial media don't want to face what everybody else knows - that as institutions go, that of "the media" is as hated or more so than George W. Bush and the US Congress.

Unfortunately, in recent days, too many bloggers and their commenters have forgotten that truth, too.

It's about the "unvetted diaries," stupid.

Netroots and pro-Democratic party blogs have become the staging areas for "unvetted diaries" - some planted, no doubt, by covert McCain backers, others as sincere as they are imbecilic - that screech about McCain not vetting his vice presidential pick while behaving just as irresponsibly as their target. Too many bloggers and their commenters have jumped on rumors - about pregnancies and other matters - that turned out to be false, and have harmed the messengers' own credibility by stating them as fact.

And in cases where the front-page bloggers at websites did not engage in such boneheaded activity, but their rank-and-file diarists or commenters did, we who run our blogs have a special responsibility to step in and put things right again.

If anyone in the Netroots wants to complain now that Obama has chosen to go on Bill O'Reilly's Fox News program on Thursday, they need only look in the mirror to find the culprit. It was the excesses in the blogsophere that forced him into it. The whole point of appearing with the Netroots-obsessed-and-hating O'Reilly is to invite the question: "Senator, what do you think of what those blogs wrote about Palin and her family? Do you reject and denounce them?" And Obama will smack down the perps so cleanly that even O'Reilly will have to cheer. And that smackdown will hit all of us, even those that didn't take the bait and don't engage in making such unvetted claims.

I will be among those that receives the smackdown applauding, and who will lend a helping hand to spread the smackdown to those that whine or portray themselves as victims because of it. And I invite you to join in that as a group effort to support from below what Obama must now say and do from above.

Go to the link to read the whole thing.

Yeah...it's the VRWC bloggers doing it all...

ingac70  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 04:45 PM
Response to Original message
3. He can smack me down...
 he still has my vote...

I'm still gonna dog the shit out of Palin for the type of mother she is, because if she had it her way, motherhood could be forced on me.

That's because you are a brood cow...

kineta  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 04:48 PM
Response to Reply #5
10. I was PROUD of DU last week. We helped get the media do its job
 Yay us! 

****ing fruitcake

NightWatcher  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 04:50 PM
Response to Reply #10
18. it got the MSM to pay attention. I have NO PROBLEM digging the dirt for my candidate
 I feel like an unpaid operative

cwydro  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 04:52 PM
Response to Reply #5
25. I agree with you.
 We've got a lot of bottom feeders here and they do not help Obama in any way, despite their protestations to the contrary.

iamthebandfanman  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 04:49 PM
Response to Reply #6
14. yup!
 Edited on Wed Sep-03-08 04:49 PM by iamthebandfanman
the way i see it, its kinda our responsibilty to do the digging...
i mean, logically, if we get mud on our face no harm no foul... its if he obama does that matters...

we just gotta be careful while doing our digging as to not make it a view of all obama supporters or the campaign... even tho i think thats clear already but the MSM and right wingers are trying to make it the opposite

That should be the headline across every VRWC blog.

samdogmom  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 04:47 PM
7. Huhhh???
 I quote:

"Too many bloggers and their commenters have jumped on rumors - about pregnancies and other matters - that turned out to be false, and have harmed the messengers' own credibility by stating them as fact."

UMMMMM, I think the pregnancy rumor turned out to be 1/2 right now...the rest is coming.....

1/2 right would be wrong.

wienerdoggie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-03-08 04:56 PM
Response to Reply #32
37. So? Michelle Malkin and Red State and Free Republic make up smears
 all the time that have NO basis in truth. And they work. Why, when the Republicans already have the media advantage because of RW talk radio all across the country, would we cede the INTERNET to them as well? We'd have no HOPE of winning.

ProSense  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 04:57 PM
38. This sort of makes no sense. 
 Obama says what he says, it has nothing to do with people's opinions.

Does everyone realize that this entire episode is backfiring on McCain?

McCain is pushing the Palin pregnancy story and most people aren't buying it in terms of focusing on Palin's daughter. The focus has been on Palin's judgment, and as a result the McCain campaign is now whining to the media.

They're trying to pretend they're a well-oiled machine when, in fact, the McCain campaign is a train wreck.

You wanna see the trainwreck? read the next post:

AndyA  (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 04:57 PM
39. Oh bullshit.
 I'm so f*ckin' sick and tired of Democrats tippie toeing around, afraid of stepping on some Republican's toes or offending them with THE TRUTH!

Meanwhile, the Republicans are the ones who are truly offensive. They start wars based on lies. They spy on us. Out covert CIA agents. Award huge no-bid contracts to their cronies, and then don't even require that the work is done. They tell US how we are supposed to live OUR LIVES so we don't offend THEIR LIVES. Yet their rules only apply to us, not to themselves.

They destroy our economy, take away our good reputation in the world, allow our troops to die because they don't have the proper equipment and transportation, provide third rate health care to veterans who return injured, and allow millions of Americans to live without any health care at all.

They want to tell us our daughters must have children, even if they're violently raped. They're selling off our country's assets like a pimp sells a whore in a dark alley. They condemn us for what we do, yet sneak around and do even worse things.

To me, that's pretty damn OFFENSIVE!

And now we're supposed to shut up and back off and let them steal another election, place an old man with a history of cancer and serious temperament issues in the White House, to be backed up by a woman with little experience in foreign affairs? A woman that was quite obviously NOT VETTED PROPERLY, and offered the job under suspicious circumstances.

I don't think so. We can't chance another 4 years of this crap. I'll work hard to get Obama elected, I'll donate money when I can. But now is not the time for us to shut up and be good little sheeple, even if Barack thinks we should.

We've had ENOUGH!

endthewar (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-03-08 05:00 PM
50. O'Reilly will force Obama to reject and denounce dailykos and perhaps huffingtonpost
 O'Reilly hates both of those websites with a passion and will put this topic right up there with the two wars and the economy.

maybe if you scream loudly and hold your breath, they'll mention DU.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Warning: Obama is going to throw the liberal blogs under the bus
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »
50. O'Reilly will force Obama to reject and denounce dailykos

Do you think anyone will believe him?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »
 he still has my vote...

I'm still gonna dog the shit out of Palin for the type of mother she is, because if she had it her way, motherhood could be forced on me.

The same way you would have to force any man on earth to have sex with you.  Most of the wemyn complaining couldn't get laid in a men's prison.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »
You know he will.....but will he throw the propaganda wing of the DNC (MSM) under the bus?

My guess is not yet.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 04:26:46 PM »
50. O'Reilly will force Obama to reject and denounce dailykos

Do you think anyone will believe him?

Obama will say something like, "While I denounce and disapprove of any internet rumors that attack any politician or his or her family, I can't control any of the things that are written in the vast freedom of the Internet. Likewise, John McCain can't control what is said on talk radio, even though many of these things are said to his benefit. These rumors about Candidate Palin remind me of the many false rumors that surround some of the people I've known for years..."

In other words, he'll denounce the practice of the smear, but he won't specifically denounce any particular smear. He'll swing the question around to answer it as though he was the one getting smeared, and Bill O'Reilly will be so doe-eyed and moist from sitting in his own seminal fluid that he won't see the wax-job.

Prepare to be VERY disappointed by Bill O'Reilly. Prepare for Obama to have been given the questions in advance. Prepare for Obama to mangle questions until he looks like the victim.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »
 he still has my vote...

The same way you would have to force any man on earth to have sex with you.  Most of the wemyn complaining couldn't get laid in a men's prison.

Any self-respecting man would committ suicide beofre having sex with ingac70.  Matter of fact, if it were the last thing with a vagina on the planet, and I were the last man on the planet, and we were charged with repopulating the planet, I'd let the human species become extinct first.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
And I invite you to join in that as a group effort to support from below what Obama must now say and do from above.
As hopelessly stupid as they are, the DUmmies still understand that any denunciation of their slanders from B. Hussen will come with a wink.

Prepare to be VERY disappointed by Bill O'Reilly.

Roger that. Bill O'Reilly is a friend of no one but Bill O'Reilly. Nothing matters if it does not feed his massive, ever-expanding ego.

Offline comradebillyboy

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »

he still has my vote...

Sounds like she has a case of 'beaten wife syndrome' to me. "Oh please Barky, slap me around some more, I know its because you love me."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 05:53:07 PM »

Go forth mah minyunz!

Bring me cheezburgerz
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 06:10:33 PM »

What?
You don't have a coat hanger and a vacuum cleaner?

Interesting that they equate their excessive promiscuity to "motherhood [being] forced on me"

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

Roger that. Bill O'Reilly is a friend of no one but Bill O'Reilly. Nothing matters if it does not feed his massive, ever-expanding ego.

Think of Bill O"Reilly has Ted Knight out of the old Mary Tyler Moore show...........I LMAO  :hyper:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

Go forth mah minyunz!

Bring me cheezburgerz

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »
I'm so stealing that picture!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 07:12:16 PM »

I am so resisting temptation to do very bad things to this image.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
Oh well, I tried to resist, but I achieved fail.  :-)