Author Topic: It 'Went Downhill Extremely Fast': Nurse Dies 12 Hours After Testing Positive f  (Read 215 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216287875

Demovictory9 (23,657 posts)

It 'Went Downhill Extremely Fast': Nurse Dies 12 Hours After Testing Positive for COVID

During a shift at work, a co-worker told Jeff Sales that he didn't "look great," so he got tested for COVID-19. Twelve hours after the positive diagnosis, he died at the hospital where he worked.

Sales worked as a nurse at a Florida hospital throughout the pandemic and on Friday, another nurse working the same shift expressed concern about how he looked, according to a GoFundMe. Decades earlier, he had open-heart surgery while serving in Korea and hours after he tested positive for COVID-19, he went into heart failure, leaving behind a wife and four children.

"We were all talking to him that morning, and it just all went downhill extremely fast," Sales' son, Austin, told KUTV, noting that his dad tested positive at six in the morning and died at six that night.

The Sales' moved to Florida in 2020 and the 47-year-old worked at Blake Medical Center throughout the pandemic. Described as a nurse who was always willing to pick up the extra slack, Sales would work overnights and extra shifts because of the nursing shortage and uptick in patients, according to the GoFundMe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/it-went-downhill-extremely-fast-nurse-dies-12-hours-after-testing-positive-for-covid/ar-AAT8hd4

This person was fully vaccinated.  I'm sorry for his family.  I'm wondering though, if people aren't so focused on Covid they miss some obvious things.  Did this person actually die of Covid, or with Covid.  Was the heart the killer despite Covid?  I don't know.

Hopefully the docs took that into account and didn't overlook the obvious.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ironhorsedriver

I caught the mild omicron, it was anything but mild. 12 days of shear misery. Toward the end I was gasping for breath, I truly started worrying.  I went to an urgent care that prescribed albuterol, don't know if that did it, but I did start breathing better. They tested me, positive. I am un-vaxxed. 3 weeks into it, still feel tight in my chest, but basically recovered except for exhaustion all the time. It isn't a joke, and it ain't like a cold, but I will choose to remain unvaxxed, To many problems with them.