Author Topic: GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn Cleans Gun During Veterans' Affairs Hearing  (Read 524 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member JoeOtterbein (6,419 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216268640

GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn Cleans Gun During Veterans' Affairs Hearing
Daily Beast

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) lived up to his claim to fame on Wednesday of being the youngest current member of Congress.

Jose Pagliery
Political Investigations Reporter
Updated Jan. 20, 2022 3:03PM ET / Published Jan. 20, 2022 3:00PM ET

The House Veterans’ Affairs Committee took Wednesday as an opportunity to hold a virtual hearing on how toxic chemicals are killing U.S. soldiers. Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) took the hearing as an opportunity to clean his gun.

Cawthorn, the youngest current member of Congress, fiddled with his black pistol while one witness explained how university medical researchers could help the government examine how burn pits are harming military service members.

“It was immature. He’s a child. He lacks common sense. I think the congressman was overcompensating for something that he lacks and feeling inadequate among the heroes on that call,” said John Feal, a 9/11 first responder who was at the virtual meeting.

Feal was one of at least two people at the Veterans’ Affairs meeting who noticed what Cawthorn was doing. Both were infuriated. But the general public couldn’t see it, because the two-hour virtual hearing was held over Zoom—which meant that those tuning in could only see the person speaking.

snip

:rotf:

Star Member Stinky The Clown (63,817 posts)

1. Is that not against House rules?

What a little ****.

Star Member msongs (62,688 posts)

2. it was on the internet not in a room together nt

:lmao:

Star Member Marcuse (5,007 posts)

3. I thought Capitol terrorists were being searched after 1/6.

Star Member mahina (14,000 posts)

9. He can't give anyone the dignity they deserve

Because he is an ignorant, foolish, selfish little shitweasel.

gristy (10,451 posts)

13. Yikes.

If someone was to do this in a zoom call where I work, I imagine they would not be working there for much longer.
Clearly an intimidation tactic.

:loser:

Star Member Jilly_in_VA (4,294 posts)

14. Maybe

he'll shoot himself while doing that. He's just dumb enough not to check whether the damn thing is loaded before he cleans it. My great-grandfather supposedly did that, but I think he intentionally committed suicide. (He had reasons to.)

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn Cleans Gun During Veterans' Affairs Hearing
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
Star Member mahina (14,000 posts)

9. He can't give anyone the dignity they deserve

Because he is an ignorant, foolish, selfish little shitweasel.

paging Jeffery Toobin..... Paging Jeffery Toobin.  :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 04:58:44 PM »

paging Jeffery Toobin..... Paging Jeffery Toobin.  :rotf:

Beat me to it!  HI5
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 05:13:09 PM »
 :rotf:

Star Member Stinky The Clown (63,817 posts)

1. Is that not against House rules?

What a little ****.

Stinker didn't read the article before going off halfcocked. :rotf:

Reply #2 pointed out Stinker's error, but:

Star Moron Marcuse (5,007 posts)

3. I thought Capitol terrorists were being searched after 1/6.

Definitely a Star Moron, :rotf:  :tongue: .

gristy (10,451 posts)

13. Yikes.

If someone was to do this in a zoom call where I work, I imagine they would not be working there for much longer.
Clearly an intimidation tactic.

1. Some people concentrate on things they hear better when they do something with their hands.

2. How would people in different rooms be intimidated? I don't think a bullet from his gun could fit through all the ethernet cables and routers between him and other Congress-Critters.

Star Moron Jilly_in_VA (4,294 posts)

14. Maybe

he'll shoot himself while doing that. He's just dumb enough not to check whether the damn thing is loaded before he cleans it.

In real life, gun owners who bother to clean their guns learn to remove the magazine and check the chamber before removing the slide and disassembling it. Such gun owners also reflexively keep their finger outside of the trigger guard until they are about to fire the gun.

Yet another obvious Star Moron.

And yes, being the assaholics they are, DU-folk are mocking a person with disabilities. They'd call out "Stand up, Madison," intentionally rather than in a bout of cluelessness the way Biden did.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:49:35 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 05:40:52 PM »
If you’re complaining about that you’ve got way too much time on your hands.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 10:49:39 PM »
If you’re complaining about that you’ve got way too much time on your hands.

That's toobin time
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 03:04:16 AM »

2. How would people in different rooms be intimidated? I don't think a bullet from his gun could fit through all the ethernet cables and routers between him and other Congress-Critters.

All I need to do is shoot a round at my router with the scary black gun, that has the thing on the stock that goes up, and poof, nothing but death and destruction all the way to the site I'm surfing.  A .223 fed out of the clip of an automatic AR-15 would vaporize any mammal that dared graze near the buried fiber optic cables connecting my Wi-Fi to the rest of the world.  The carnage would be horrible, but that's the insane power of the .223.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 07:36:02 AM »

Moonbats are intimidated by the fact that guns exist, except when those guns are in the hands of the government, and then only when their party is in charge of said government. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 07:59:39 AM »
All I need to do is shoot a round at my router with the scary black gun, that has the thing on the stock that goes up, and poof, nothing but death and destruction all the way to the site I'm surfing.  A .223 fed out of the clip of an automatic AR-15 would vaporize any mammal that dared graze near the buried fiber optic cables connecting my Wi-Fi to the rest of the world.  The carnage would be horrible, but that's the insane power of the .223.

You must be using the plastic, heat-seeking, invisible to x-ray bullets that can go around corners.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 04:39:04 PM »
You must be using the plastic, heat-seeking, invisible to x-ray bullets that can go around corners.

And over Firewalls!  :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 05:27:06 PM »
No DUche. He was cleaning his weapon. Jeffery Toobin was cleaning his gun.  One is for killin' and one is for fun.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 05:41:10 PM »
Patriot Guard Rider, HI-5 on the AVATAR.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 05:45:01 AM »

And over Firewalls!  :rotf:
Oh no, the newest rounds can go through firewalls and create pink mist on the other side of a monitor
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)