Author Topic: If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday  (Read 551 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday
« on: January 20, 2022, 08:43:07 AM »
Atticus (12,162 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216267145

If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday and watch cable TV this
morning, you have to be amazed at the mischaracterizations and repeated GOP talking points.

The talking heads are asking with some alarm whether Joe blundered and "gave permission" to Putin to invade Ukraine by mentioning the possibility of a "minor incursion" and stating his frank assessment that, despite what it will cost him, Putin would likely cross the border.

I have heard no reference to the specific question, later in the presser, asking Joe if he intended to "give permission" to Putin to invade. He then explained that a "cyber" assault was one of the possibilities and the response could also be cyber.

For whatever reason, it seems to be "open season" on President Biden. While most of the biased comments are not direct attacks, the "just asking" approach used for years by right-wing media has now spread to the main stream.

I thought President Biden's remarks were refreshingly blunt and honest. For example, contrast his statement that, yes, there were things in his administration's covid response that could have been better or more timely, but this was because science was dealing with a brand new virus and it was a learning process. He acknowledged that, while covid would be defeated, it had not yet been and that the struggle was difficult.

Contrast that with Trump's repeated assurances that we should just not worry about covid, it would just magically disappear by Easter and that the warmth of summer would eradicate it.

Yes, the media absolutely should be reporting on the Biden administration's successes AND failures. I just wish there were fewer on-air personalities starting to sound like Tucker Carlson.

Darwin2019 (216 posts)

1. I thought Joe did well

He attacked the Repubs for doing nothing.

Star Member Walleye (10,952 posts)

2. I have had it with these lazy, overpaid talking heads

Personally, I think many of them are still afraid of Trump. Lately I’ve been delving into the world of black-and-white watching 50s westerns and murder mysteries. Better for my blood pressure. And who doesn’t wanna watch a young Clint Eastwood or Steve McQueen mount a horse

Star Member Haggard Celine (14,782 posts)

4. He did a great job.

I knew they would say something about his candid assessment of Putin's strategy. I thought at the time he said it that maybe he was being a little too honest. But really, he didn't say anything that pundits and regular folks have not been saying. Either Putin will attack or he won't. There isn't much we can do about it. We just have to be prepared for what he does.

Star Member samnsara (15,667 posts)

6. i have sworn off cable news but had to check them out this am and on the 2 channels..

... i checked, both were talking about what joe shouldnt have done or what he should have done.

idiots

dwayneb (161 posts)

7. Have no sympathy for the talking heads - but

For sure they are only there to feather their own nests and the more sensational their statements, the better.

But Biden does have a problem with imprecise speech. He does not articulate ideas clearly and unambiguously and makes himself a target for all sorts of second guessing about his statements.

It's not just the talking heads that had a problem with Biden's confusing statement about Ukraine. It was the Ukrainians that made the statement about "green lighting" Putin. That is a lot more concerning that what the "analysts" on cable news say.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/19/russia-could-act-against-ukraine-at-any-moment-says-us

"There was an immediate dismayed reaction from Kyiv on Biden’s choice of words, and his suggestion that a “minor incursion” would divide Nato and draw an uncertain response. One Ukrainian official told CNN it “gives the green light to Putin to enter Ukraine at his pleasure”.

Star Member doc03 (29,387 posts)

8. They attack Biden when he says he could have done things differently

sometimes, being honest is a crime I guess. Trump admitted doing anything wrong ever and
took no responsibility for anything. He would have been calling any reporter that ask him a question he didn't
like stupid and would have stormed out in a few minutes.

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:27 AM »
 :tongue:  :rotf: Did some lapdog Prog cable skews source commit truthing again? :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 10:25:36 AM »
Yes, the media absolutely should be reporting on the Biden administration's successes AND failures

FIFY
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 10:31:03 AM »
I did not watch LIEden's press conference yesterday because:

1. I have a job;

2. I use GoogTube videos for useful information and entertainment;

3. LIEden lies.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 10:53:41 AM »
Quote from: Atticus (12,162 posts)
For whatever reason, it seems to be "open season" on President Biden.

I think you'll find that the reason is that even the M.S.M. can't pretend that this presidency is anything other than dreadful.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 11:33:05 AM »
Quote from:
Atticus

If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday and watch cable TV this morning, you have to be amazed at the mischaracterizations and repeated GOP talking points.

And I’m sure when people stop laughing at how stupid he is, they’ll pay attention to whatever fantasy you’re imagining.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 12:13:19 PM »
If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday...

"Let me ask a rhetorical question... ... ... ...no, I won't."

"I don't believe the polls."

If you watched his press conference, you know he's generally incoherent, and when he's coherent, he's unhinged.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 12:16:09 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 12:18:31 PM »
If you watched President Biden's press conference yesterday...

"Let me ask a rhetorical question... ... ... ...no, I won't."

"I don't believe the polls."

If you watched his press conference, you know he's generally incoherent, and when he's coherent, he's unhinged.

I've heard clips and read parts of the transcript. LIEden's ramblings and random wanderings were painful.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 12:19:04 PM »
I think you'll find that the reason is that even the M.S.M. can't pretend that this presidency is anything other than dreadful.

Or they are in on and preparing for the second phase (installing Harris, martial law, abolishing the Constitution, flat out surrender to China or Russia or Iran, whatever the masterminds have planned). 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 05:03:08 PM »
Response to Atticus (Original post)Thu Jan 20, 2022, 10:48 AM
Roc2020 (1,192 posts)
17. President Biden PC was great

He stood answered all the questions and made that Newsmax reporter look like a complete buffoon. A solid A. The cable news talking heads are only in it for ratings.

I have got to give the doddering old fool pretty high marks too.  He managed--with the help of having a podium to lean on--to stay on his feet for almost two hours, his eyeballs didn't fill up with blood, and I didn't notice any shit running out of his pants leg and leaving a mess on the floor.  In that sense he exceeded expectations.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 06:03:57 PM »
17. President Biden PC was great

He stood answered all the questions and made that Newsmax reporter look like a complete buffoon. A solid A. The cable news talking heads are only in it for ratings.

If that was a solid 'A', I should get to be a professional speaker now.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 06:21:33 PM »
They're all liars: https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1483936592976826370

wow.  And the DUmmies used to fret over the fact that President Trump had access to the nuclear codes....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 10:55:15 AM »
Ima gonna stick this here:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1483959594229587969

Ooops forgot to add this:

Mr. Biden, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 11:01:57 AM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 11:10:26 AM »
I was going to do that but it was my day and time to pick lint out of my belly button while watching paint dry.

Priorities ya know..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.