Author Topic: The 59 Republicans Who Joined Electoral Voter Fraud Scheme For Trump Could....  (Read 434 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
The 59 Republicans Who Joined Electoral Voter Fraud Scheme For Trump Could Face Prison

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fake-electors-prison-capitol-riot-2020-election_n_61f1c3e3e4b02de5f513fa73

WASHINGTON ― Dozens of local and state Republican leaders who showed their loyalty to Donald Trump by casting fake electoral votes for him a year ago may now face prison time in return for that devotion.

Because as the House select committee investigating the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021, starts to look into the origins of the scheme to send “alternate” ballots to Congress from states narrowly won by Joe Biden, the 59 ersatz Trump electors who claimed to be “duly elected and qualified” could face federal charges ranging from election fraud to mail fraud, in addition to a range of state-level charges.

And in two of the states, the Democratic attorneys general are openly calling on the Department of Justice to act.

“I believe it’s critical that the federal government fully investigates and prosecutes any unlawful actions in furtherance of any seditious conspiracy,” said Josh Kaul, attorney general of Wisconsin, where 10 Republicans filed papers claiming to be the state’s electors even though Biden narrowly won there.

“This is a crime,” Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel told reporters earlier this month, adding that calling the elector slate “alternate” did a disservice and that it should be called a “false, counterfeit, fake slate of electors.”

In her state, 16 Republican office holders and party officials filed paperwork claiming then-President Trump had won the state even though he had lost it by 154,000 votes. “This is election fraud, and it’s many other crimes as well, both, I believe, at the state and the federal level.”

Deputy U.S. Attorney General Lisa Monaco on Tuesday confirmed to CNN that Justice Department prosecutors “are looking at those” but would not comment further.

I know this is HuffPo, but I have seen some blips about these supposed "forged" certifications elsewhere.  None of them give a real explanation of what was done or how it was illegal.  Anyone with ears closer to the ground know more details and if there is anything to the story, or if it is more distraction/conspiracy fodder?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
HuffPo's been huffing again. The Republicans, save DJT, couldn't give a flying **** about the 2020 elections any more.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline 3rd-try

HuffPo's been huffing again. The Republicans, save DJT, couldn't give a flying **** about the 2020 elections any more.
[/quote
Being practicable, my concern as a Republican is to avoid a repeat. And that requires the application of common sense. Otherwise, a picture ID will remain racist, and there's no border or energy policy problem. Huffington post is just another member of the MSM that can't be bothered with little details like the 1/6 insurrection being armed only with selfie sticks, how inflation only affects those making over $400K, or why Trump should be locked up, but Cuomo shouldn't.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

Being practicable, my concern as a Republican is to avoid a repeat. And that requires the application of common sense. Otherwise, a picture ID will remain racist, and there's no border or energy policy problem. Huffington post is just another member of the MSM that can't be bothered with little details like the 1/6 insurrection being armed only with selfie sticks, how inflation only affects those making over $400K, or why Trump should be locked up, but Cuomo shouldn't.

I admire you for your adherence to the Republican Party. That's not something I can do.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline 3rd-try

I admire you for your adherence to the Republican Party. That's not something I can do.

The swamp is the problem. Just as many R's as D's make it up. I have no blind loyalty to the Republican party. I'm more in line with Rush's logic who believed disinfecting the R party was a much more efficient path than trying to start another party from scratch. And, seeing as how I haven't found a Democrat deserving of my vote...ever It's the Republican party I pick and choose from. And I do pick and choose