Author Topic: 17 Year old arrested for altering road sign with racist message.  (Read 374 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=16255594

17 year old arrested for altering electronic road sign to display racist message [View all]

Teen charged with putting up racist message on Sumter road sign
Officers say a 17-year-old is responsible for putting up the racial slur.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/teen-charged-with-putting-up-racist-message-on-sumter-road-sign/vi-AASQK80

https://news.yahoo.com/south-carolina-road-sign-changed-170611290.html

“HONK IF YOU HATE N*GGERS,” the sign read on Saturday in Sumter, South Carolina

Police are on a search in South Carolina for the person who tampered with an electronic road sign, changing its text to display a racial slur.

The text on the sign, set up in the city of Sumter, was altered to display an offensive command that included the n-word. Sumter has a population of roughly 43,000 with a racial divide of roughly 49% Black and 44% white, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

https://news.yahoo.com/south-carolina-road-sign-changed-170611290.html

North Shore Chicago (2,406 posts)

2. The little puke

needs to be identified and ostracized for the remainder of his insignificant life. No meaningful career and no peace. Ever.

Wait... aren't these people the ones that believe that violent criminals should get a second, third and fourth chance to "get their life right?"

But this kid... nope RUIN HIS LIFE
Post removed

Loki Liesmith (4,531 posts)

8. Summmary executions. How "Democratic"

This place not really living up to its principles lately.
Apparently the "Post Removed" response was a call for the execution... This sub-thread is fun, because the DUmmie defends his call for execution

That DUmmie had another post removed that garnered this response:

Jedi Guy (2,239 posts)

35. Any other groups you're okay with summarily executing?

I mean, while you've got the kill squads out roaming the streets executing people, you may as well make a clean sweep of anyone else you don't like, right?

WestIndianArchie (386 posts)

54. Well

From what I can see the only group that is displaying psychopathic and sociopathic tendencies are the racist/white supremacists. Its got nothing to do with whether I like them, they are a danger to everyone in the society that wants peace and prosperity. I want peace and prosperity for all. Racism/white supremacy is incompatible with peace and prosperity.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to WestIndianArchie (Reply #54)Mon Jan 17, 2022, 10:45 AM
Star Member treestar (79,466 posts)

65. how do you decide who gets that label?

summary execution means no hearings, right?

Reply to this post

68. Considering

Looks like this kid made the choice for himself, just like all the others I've seen. He knew what he was doing was harmful, but he did it anyway.

I take offense to the fact you would assume that I didn't know what a summary execution is. Privilege much?
Reply to this post

WestIndianArchie is the DUmmie calling for this kids execution. I'll bet he is fun in absolutely zero social settings, and would be a real hoot to work with...
Sympthsical (3,018 posts)

46. Well this is a yikes

Is it only the white racists you yearn to exercise this terroristic authoritarianism on? Or would you include everyone who is racist?

Just need to know what to prepare for in this fantasy regime you have going on.

57. Yikes

If you are not a filthy degenerate racist/white supremacist, you really have nothing to worry about, do you?
Reply to this post

86. You seem pretty hostile

Good luck with your endeavors was a gesture of humanity. But, I guess it's a foreign concept to some these days.

Says the guy that want's to execute a kid for a prank.

Sherman A1 (36,384 posts)

23. Jail is too good for this little boy

He needs to spend several years doing hard labor to the benefit of his community. Preferably wearing a sign for a to see indicating his behavior

Again, hard labor for "mean words".... I wonder what stance this DUmmie holds regarding violent crimes committed by you POC... specifically young blacks
Jedi Guy (2,239 posts)

31. I feel like several years of hard labor for a stupid prank is a little extreme.

No one died. No one was injured. He no doubt thought this was the height of humor, because there's little that teenagers love more than provoking adults. Racism is repugnant, but the knee-jerk reactions and extreme proposals for punishment in this thread are way, way over the top.
Reply to this post

Response to Jedi Guy (Reply #31)Mon Jan 17, 2022, 09:54 AM
Star Member Sherman A1 (36,384 posts)

34. You have your opinion

I have mine.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 01:22:39 PM by Kc25 »

Offline SVPete

Re: 17 Year old arrested for altering road sign with racist message.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 01:19:28 PM »
Is the kid's skin color even known? DU-folk are going for the predictable assumption - as they did in the TX hostage situation - but fake hate crimes has become a cottage industry among some demographic groups. If the idiot turns out to be black race-baiter doing a hoax, will DUmmie WestIndianArchie still call for his execution?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 04:44:46 PM »
Until proven with hard evidence I assume it is a fake hate crime done by a black.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 10:35:48 AM »
Until proven with hard evidence I assume it is a fake hate crime done by a black.

Ala Jussie

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 10:40:42 AM »
The highway department should hire the kid and make him their cybersecurity expert to consult with them on how to prevent further hacks to their roadside signs.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 11:23:37 AM »
The highway department should hire the kid and make him their cybersecurity expert to consult with them on how to prevent further hacks to their roadside signs.

DDG indicates the highway department needs to learn what the internet already knows about them. 

https://jalopnik.com/how-to-hack-an-electronic-road-sign-5141430

19 year old article, and I'll wager that most of the signs in service haven't been changed any, especially since the one in the yahoo article looks identical to the one in the "hacking" article.  Cutting a lock, or just finding a sign that got left unlocked, and scrolling through the menus isn't hacking by any stretch of the imagination. 

If the kid would have spelled the slur with an A instead of ER, it would have been perfectly acceptable by most of the black community.  Just sayin'

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.