Author Topic: Apparently my local King Soopers supports conspiracy theories and reichwing prop  (Read 315 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
niyad (82,740 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216248826

Apparently my local King Soopers supports conspiracy theories and reichwing propaganda.

I was in there yesterday, and happened to glance at the headlines on the way out. Saw some nonsense about sexual content in books in school libraries, and then saw that it was epoch times, that bizarre rag owned by a Chinese national with Falun Gong. Now, our local fishwrap is not quality journalism, nor is NYT, but they are recognized as somewhat legitimate. To see that qanon-supporting, trump-humping rag on the rack annoyed me no end.

Called Kroger corporate this morning to express my displeasure. When I asked to speak to whoever approved this rag, I was instead transferred to their Home Chef line. Fortunately, I know the manager at my store, and expressed my annoyance and displeasure to her. She was completely unaware of the issue. This could get interesting.

On a side note, it was disheartening to learn that the Shen Yun troupe is part of the organization.

:yawn:

Star Member blm (108,116 posts)

1. Cult propaganda. Moonies 2.0

pidge (230 posts)

3. Just don't buy it.....I ignore things like that.

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I dunno.

I rather enjoy reading the Epoch Times.

I dunno what the primitive has against it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
niyad (82,740 posts)

Apparently my local King Soopers supports conspiracy theories and reichwing propaganda.

I was in there yesterday, and happened to glance at the headlines on the way out. Saw some nonsense about sexual content in books in school libraries, and then saw that it was epoch times, that bizarre rag owned by a Chinese national with Falun Gong. Now, our local fishwrap is not quality journalism, nor is NYT, but they are recognized as somewhat legitimate. To see that qanon-supporting, trump-humping rag on the rack annoyed me no end.

Called Kroger corporate this morning to express my displeasure. When I asked to speak to whoever approved this rag, I was instead transferred to their Home Chef line. Fortunately, I know the manager at my store, and expressed my annoyance and displeasure to her. She was completely unaware of the issue. This could get interesting.

On a side note, it was disheartening to learn that the Shen Yun troupe is part of the organization.

Okay.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

Stop being a Karen
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
IOW the niyad primitive only wants political information available if it agrees with what it believes. So in another place and time, the only acceptable publications that would have been acceptable to niyad would have been papers like Vlkischer Beobachter and Pravda.

Primitives always reveal so much more about themselves than they’re willing to admit openly.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

niyad (82,740 posts)

:rotf: The Epoch Times was started by and may yet be owned by an American-born ethnic-Chinese man.

:rotf: What does niyad have against Chinese people?! Or does she only object to Chinese people who dislike Xi-the-Pooh?

:rotf: Falun Gong is a bogey-something-or-other because it's a religious sect? Now bogey-man-ize The Christian Science Monitor, which is still affiliated with the church of its founder, Mary Baker Eddy, niyad.

:tongue: "qanon-supporting"? Got evidence?

:tongue: "trump-humping"? Got pictures or evidence? :-)

:tongue: Guess what, niyad, King Soopers offers for sale what it knows customers will buy. :rotf: You're surrounded by "Trump-humpers", niyad!!! :rotf:  :tongue:

IOW the niyad primitive only wants political information available if it agrees with what it believes. So in another place and time, the only acceptable publications that would have been acceptable to niyad would have been papers like Vlkischer Beobachter and Pravda.

Yes, she's a standard-issue DUmmie. It's their refusal to hear news they don't want to hear that leads to their shock and dismay when things don't go their way or go against them.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 10:26:25 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

Is niyad  the prototypical Karen?

Sure looks like it has all the qualifications.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.