Author Topic: Every time I drive past these mile long lines of cars waiting for testing I thin  (Read 602 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216237077

RB TexLa
Every time I drive past these mile long lines of cars waiting for testing I think

That will give you plenty of time to do some more of your own research.

This thread is an absolute hoot!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216237077

This thread is an absolute hoot!!

KC

So DUmmies admit that masks and vaxxing do NOT prevent getting the covid.  There goes THAT golden calf!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Although I haven't seen long lines for testing here, my first thought is why is everyone so freaked out about being tested?

leftstreet (34,159 posts)

1. You think all the people waiting to test are anti-vaxxers?

Star Member RB TexLa (16,980 posts)

2. Either that or they allowed themselves to become infected

Or believe they have allowed themselves to be.

Star Member babylonsister (168,650 posts)

8. People have been infected who did all the right things.

I'm not laughing.

You're right, this thread is unintentionally hilarious.

Moving on:

Star Member iemanja (48,279 posts)

29. "Allowed themselves to be"

Omicron is ****ing everywhere. I have had three vax doses and wear masks everywhere. I rarely go out, but I was exposed to my brother (we wore masks) who has COVID. He is also triple vaxxed and very careful. So I went to get a test today. Lots of people are like me, so quit your finger wagging at people getting tested. They don't "allow" themselves to get sick, and they aren't anti-vaxxers. They are human beings in a pandemic who want to find out if they are contagious to others.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Books_Tea_Alone (248 posts)

37. I teach children with severe autism

They cannot wear masks, are under 5 (not vaccinated) cannot distance and body fluids, sneezing, coughing are everywhere. They are aggressive and offen require physical intervention to keep all of the other students safe. We have 1:1 teacher ratio in the classroom which means it is crowded with unmasked high-risk students. Everything goes into their mouths and it is impossible to keep up.
Because our public school building was built in the 1950s the windows open only one inch and we cannot open the doors due to flight risks from the students.

As I do this work day in and day out I need to get tested weekly to keep my immune compromised spouse safe. I take high offense to your assertion and until you walk one day in my shoes (my guess is you would not last 15 minutes) please do not judge those on the testing lines. When we catch covid we need a test to return. Multiplied by the 100+ professionals doing this in the public school I work for on a daily basis and I assure you they would all be disgusted. Covid has decimated our staff and students recently and it is a daily struggle to remain open.

Maybe you should think outside your golden box before you make such a ridiculous statement. I do not need a reply from the likes of your kind.

Star Member Dorian Gray (11,639 posts)

47. "ALLOWED" themselves

Whatever.

I live in the most progressive part of Brooklyn and people here have been getting it left and right. While masking and boosted. Because we live in a society of people and even with precautions this thing is so contagious we can get it.

My vaccinated and boosted friends had much milder symptoms than my unvaccinated friends. (A family member has covid pneumonia right now... and he was not vaccinated.) Luckily he's doing well and recovering at home.

But there is no moral lapse in getting sick. It's an airborne virus that is super contagious. Unless you live in a bubble, you're going to get exposed to this thing.

Star Member brooklynite (75,159 posts)

12. Why are you making fun of them?

A LOT of fully vaccinated and boostered people are being tested because they think they were at risk of infection. I was tested three times over Christmas week.

Star Member WhiskeyGrinder (15,103 posts)

3. That's a shitty thing to think.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

RB TexLa
Every time I drive past these mile long lines of cars waiting for testing I think

That will give you plenty of time to do some more of your own research.

That's different from my thinking. 

I see the long lines and think "why didn't the brandon mal-administration have the forethought last year when Delta was hitting us hard to purchase and stockpile tests for future outbreaks. 

I think "it almost seems like the brandon mal-administration thinks covid is a hoax".

And finally I think "will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark"...(Gareth Keenan, The Office, BBC version, season 1 https://www.google.com/search?q=will+there+ever+be+a+boy+born+who+can+swim+faster+than+a+shark&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_UprhYfniJdvLkPIPuJCawAo15)
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Remember the OP is the “I don’t drink with you” guy. lol

There is so much truth spilling out of that thread, along with them unintentionally admitting that the Biden administration has caused HUGE problems!

Biden didn’t buy the necessary tests when he should have AND made OSHA require everyone to test or vax. Bad combination and done before the USSC could rule it unconstitutional.

Fun stuff.

KC
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:15:36 AM by Texacon »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Wow! So much stereotyping in such a brief post!

* RB TexLa ASSumes the people in those long lines are sick anti-vaxxers. IRL, many/most are ordinary people who happened to have been around a person who had tested positive. One "positive" person could lead to 1-## coworkers, friends, and family having to get tested.

* RB TexLa ASSumes the people in those long lines are sick anti-vaxxers. IRL, unvaxxed, vaxxed , and recovered people can get the virus.

But DUpipo gotta stereotype, that's the universe in which they wallow.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

That's different from my thinking. 

I see the long lines and think "why didn't the brandon mal-administration have the forethought last year when Delta was hitting us hard to purchase and stockpile tests for future outbreaks. 

I think "it almost seems like the brandon mal-administration thinks covid is a hoax".

:hi5: , QFT, and :rotf: .

1. Trump did not call Covid and the SARS-COV-2 virus a "hoax". He called the Dems' and MSM's (repetitive and redundant, I know) politicization of Covid and the SARS-COV-2 virus a hoax, quite accurately.

2. Trump's Covid task force had a mix of expertise, from medical to manufacturing to logistics to foreign relations. LIEden's Kovid Krew is larded with "Public Health" bureaucrats whose mindset is arrogance and regulation. LIEden's Kovid Krew don't plan for things like stockpiling tests because they don't think that way, don't know how, and don't have people on the Krew who do.

3. RB TexLa sees the lines and the shelves empty or near empty of OTC tests and sees anti-vaxxers getting what they "deserve", not the failure to foresee and plan by LIEden's Kovid Krew.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I heard on the radio yesterday (don’t know if it’s true) that the company that has been making the tests was waiting for the 500MM tests order from the government in September or October and when it didn’t come in they switched their manufacturing line back to other things and are no longer making the tests, so the Biden administration has to search out a new manufacturer who has never made the tests.

I’ll search that later today to see.

KC
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:39:24 AM by Texacon »

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."

A LOT of fully vaccinated and boostered people are being tested because they think they were at risk of infection. I was tested three times over Christmas week.
:wtf2:
Maybe not leave the house if you think your at so much risk.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

Three times in one week. Seriously WTF is wrong with you? Results from the original test would not be back before you are onto your second and third test.  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I’m sure our buddy Brooklynite, was busy going to so many high falootin parties, he and his wife had to test for each before entering.

KC

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
… along with them unintentionally admitting that the Biden administration has caused HUGE problems!

Biden didn’t buy the necessary tests when he should have

That’s the main thing I noticed; none of them are blaming Cap’n Dementia for not making sure there were enough at-home testing kits. Had it been Trump, that’s all they’d be talking about. They love to cover for Dem politicians incompetence.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
That’s the main thing I noticed; none of them are blaming Cap’n Dementia for not making sure there were enough at-home testing kits. Had it been Trump, that’s all they’d be talking about. They love to cover for Dem politicians incompetence.

And it’s one of the things the USSC took into account on their decision yesterday. With there not being enough tests available that was not even an option. It would have kept millions out of work.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I’m sure our buddy Brooklynite, was busy going to so many high falootin parties, he and his wife had to test for each before entering.

KC

Probably for STD's rather than the Wuhan.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Probably for STD's rather than the Wuhan.

I thought those were celebrated among Democrat circles. Like AIDS.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Using myself for the sake of example, last January everyone who had been within 6 feet of me for a 15 minute time period during the days just before I tested positive was asked to get tested. That was my company's rule then, and still is. Because of what I do and where, no one actually got tested. I just wasn't working that close to anyone for that amount of time.

The point of my true :bouncy: is that many of those currently lining up for tests or grabbing OTC tests from the shelves are doing so, not because they are sick, but because they might have been exposed, and are required by their employers to be tested. Perhaps like many DUmmies, RB TexLa may not know much about what employers require.