Author Topic: Fox News tops ESPN as most-watched cable network while CNN sheds nearly 90% of 2  (Read 364 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Fox News tops ESPN as most-watched cable network while CNN sheds nearly 90% of 2021 audience
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-tops-espn-most-watched-cable-network-cnn

Fox News Channel kicked off the new year as the No. 1 basic cable network from Jan. 3-9, 2022, as CNN saw staggering declines, shedding nearly 90% of its early 2021 audience in multiple categories.

CNN averaged 2.7 million viewers from Jan. 4-10 last year as the network experienced a brief post-election spike but plummeted to only 548,000 average viewers last week, for a stunning year-over-year drop of 80% of its total audience.

During the same time periods, Fox News averaged 1.4 million total viewers last week for only a 15% drop compared to the first full week of 2021, when a jam-packed news cycle that included the Capitol riot ensued. Fox News has now outdrawn CNN and MSNBC combined for 21 straight weeks. Fox also outdrew NFL-heavy ESPN’s 1.1 million viewers to finish as the most-watched basic cable option.

CNN keeps plummeting.  :lmao: :rofl: :rotf:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I wouldn't characterize FNC as some sort of paragon of conservatism.

I can't link the Forbes article (I refuse to turn off my ad-blocker), but Forbes claims that there is an equal percentage of both conservative and "liberal" (think progressive) watching FNC. Why? It's obvious -- FNC is after the money, so they're going to balance their spin to favor both camps. It has nothing to do with the truth -- only the money.

FNC is every bit the legacy news media as the rest of the trash.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.