Author Topic: How do we take down the likes of Lil Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, et al?  (Read 851 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Progressive Jones (5,743 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216225524

How do we take down the likes of Lil Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, et al?

The entire right wing propaganda machine needs to be hit, and hit hard.

I'm talking about legal means here. Their careers should be destroyed in the most humane way possible.
In this case, I'd call the desire for civility a gray area in the interest of defending our democracy.

So, how can it be done? Boycotts of advertisers? Tear 'em up in the Twitterverse?

They've caused too much damage, and continue to do so. They have to go.

In a related subject, I'm thinking of trolling rw radio. Has anyone else here done this?
Please tell me how it went.

:thatsright:

Frasier Balzov (766 posts)

1. Concentrate on taking back the free airwaves by challenging station licenses.

Anything goes on the subscription services, and that will be a perpetual cost of liberty.

But the AM and FM terrestrial bands belong to the People and need to be fought for.

It is the pollution on those freely accessible frequencies which is the principal cause of RW brainwashing and political dysfunction.

Star Member Hoyt (51,803 posts)

3. I damn sure get it. But you can't preserve democracy by silencing deplorables.

You beat them at the polls, trolling them, debating them, contributing to decent candidates, etc.

Star Member Mr.Bill (15,013 posts)

4. Go after the advertisers.

The networks are only in it for the money. Cut that off and they will change or be gone.

Star Member PufPuf23 (7,483 posts)

6. A legal takedown is the only thing that will work in a reasonable time frame

and shake the traitorous morons who live and breathe Fox to at least pause.

Like cancellations and arrests.

Words no longer work.

There is no shame on the part of Fox nor listeners.

I do not believe that Fox even needs advertisers to exist.

Fox is and has been hazardous to the nation and to individuals of the nation of any persuasion.

Deliberate and premeditated.

Star Member brooklynite (74,868 posts)

7. Explain how you're going to arrest anyone for the spoken word

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Star Member PufPuf23 (7,483 posts)

15. RICO and Conspiracy to Incite

Conspiracy to incite and exacerbate a public health crisis.

Conspiracy to incite, fund, and plan an insurrection against the USA.

Doubt if it will happen. Just like anti-trust is old and antiquated and would pop too many folks' bubbles.

Been a long time not addressing what needed to be addressed to get to where we are at present.

usonian (14 posts)

16. The right wingers are cancelling themselves.

Successful calls for violence land followers in prison.

Misinformation lands followers in morgues.

How to break the "spell" that masks this self-destruction? I don't know. Can anyone pull off a successful JFK Jr. impersonation?

FWIW, there are plenty of exceptions to "free speech".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

And the Wikipedia article doesn't even mention the Sedition Act of 1798, nor the Espionage Act of 1917.

:thatsright:

KatK (96 posts)

19. The Flush Rush campaign succeeded

Maybe we could take a page from their playbook.

Basically, the goal was to get him off the air by relentlessly and very publiicly going after any company that advertised on his shows.

It's not the same challenge, but worth a shot. Does take some organizing!

Star Member Trueblue1968 (14,747 posts)

26. ACCUSE THEM OF ..... pedo ... doing drugs or catching them in bed with Putin

moondust (17,801 posts)

29. Truth in broadcasting?

Perhaps broaden this to cover not just "claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks" but also misinformation/disinformation/propaganda that can distort consumers' understanding of the truth/reality in general.

When the Federal Trade Commission finds a case of fraud perpetrated on consumers, the agency files actions in federal district court for immediate and permanent orders to stop scams; prevent fraudsters from perpetrating scams in the future; freeze their assets; and get compensation for victims.When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The FTC enforces these truth-in-advertising laws, and it applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – in newspapers and magazines, online, in the mail, or on billboards or buses. The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks – claims about food, over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, alcohol, and tobacco and on conduct related to high-tech products and the Internet. The FTC also monitors and writes reports about ad industry practices regarding the marketing of alcohol and tobacco. During the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the FTC has been sending warning letters to companies that may be violating the FTC Act, to warn them that their conduct is likely unlawful and that they can face serious legal consequences, such as a federal lawsuit, if they do not immediately stop.
~
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

(Not holding my breath.)

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: How do we take down the likes of Lil Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, et al?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »
Typical far leftists: silence the opposition instead of trying to have better ideas.

It's an admission of sorts, of how bad their ideas really are.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 09:32:13 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 09:39:44 AM »
3. I damn sure get it. But you can't preserve democracy by silencing deplorables.

You beat them at the polls, trolling them, debating them, contributing to decent candidates, etc.

This poster thinks democrats can out-debate and out-troll the right???  :lmao:

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 09:46:39 AM »
Try refuting their arguments and using solid evidence to support your position.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »
Frasier Balzov (766 posts)

1. Concentrate on taking back the free airwaves by challenging station licenses.

Anything goes on the subscription services, and that will be a perpetual cost of liberty.

But the AM and FM terrestrial bands belong to the People and need to be fought for.

Nobody's stopping you from concentrating on challenging station licenses with your attorney... which I'd guesstimate would be in the $60.00 per-hour range.

Also, yeah you own the bandwaves as they travel over your property, up to as high as your antenna-mast is.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 10:09:15 AM »
The DUmmies idea of utopia is a place where they pledge total obedience to their state masters, where everyone lives in small drab government provided apartments,  commute on crowded and unreliable government provided transportation to their menial  government provided job, then take government provided public transportation back to their hovel to eat their meager drab government provided subsistence while watching the one channel that is available to them which consists of nonstop broadcasts of state approved programming on their 16" TV from the 1980s that reminds them that the government knows what is best for them and to report any of their neighbors who dare to listen to subversive pirate radio broadcasts that have opinions that differ from the teachings of the state.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 10:23:35 AM »
DU-grade Libs and Progs have been trying this since at least 1988. But:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIBdVkJ9L-k&t=26s

This time for sure!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 10:27:20 AM »
I know you could get some communist believing billionaires to fund a radio network. Mmmmm you could call it, Air America. Have far left "patriots" tell the truth and put the far left, communist, vision of democracy out to the people and watch it flourish. I'm sure this network would become a titan and rive all conservative and freedom lying networks out of business.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 10:34:07 AM »
I’m waiting for the primitives to start another Reichstag Fire and then blame it on conservatives.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 11:29:21 AM »
I’m waiting for the primitives to start another Reichstag Fire and then blame it on conservatives.

I thought that was the non-event that was 06Jan? (Oh, wait; that non-event was orchestrated by the FBIKGB.)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 11:42:19 AM »
The DUmmies idea of utopia is a place where they pledge total obedience to their state masters, where everyone lives in small drab government provided apartments,  commute on crowded and unreliable government provided transportation to their menial  government provided job, then take government provided public transportation back to their hovel to eat their meager drab government provided subsistence while watching the one channel that is available to them which consists of nonstop broadcasts of state approved programming on their 16" TV from the 1980s that reminds them that the government knows what is best for them and to report any of their neighbors who dare to listen to subversive pirate radio broadcasts that have opinions that differ from the teachings of the state.

:hi5:

They will "have nothing & be happy!" or whatever the expression is.

~ ABC

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 11:52:55 AM »
:hi5:

They will "have nothing & be happy!" or whatever the expression is.

~ ABC
DUmmies are only happy when they are unhappy
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 01:08:04 PM »
Hooligan2 (3 posts)

30. how progressive of you.. censor the opposition

destroy them with logic and emotion and better ideas.

destroy them with kindness and open debate.

destroy their arguments, not their voices.

THAT is the American way.
I don't imagine Hooligan2 will be around long.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2022, 01:33:38 PM »
People who have a tendency to separate themselves into us vs. them have a habit of doing this in all they do. Get rid of the conservatives and they'll start on each other. They'll keep breaking themselves away from whatever group survives until there are finally two people left who hate each other. Then there will be none because the world will always be better if it wasn't for everybody else.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »
KatK (96 posts)

Maybe we could take a page from their playbook.

Basically, the goal was to get him off the air by relentlessly and very publiicly going after any company that advertised on his shows.

It's not the same challenge, but worth a shot. Does take some organizing!

That was successful?  Let's see here, Rush had a 31+ year career on national radio as the perennially highest ranked show in all of the airwaves.  Just because you got a tiny few weak-kneed companies bow to the blue checkmark brigade on that cesspool known as Twitter doesn't mean it was successful.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 03:49:19 PM »

A apt comparison would be Kristallnacht.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 05:11:27 PM »
KatK (96 posts)

:lmao: In what perpendicular universe's inverse universe? :lmao:

Not only did Rush overcome all the tricks and @#$% Hate-filled Libs & Progs threw at him, he created the media market filled with the people DUmmie Progressive Jones and his comrades hate.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2022, 01:10:03 AM »
A apt comparison would be Kristallnacht.

You could say that the Democrat version of Kristallnacht already took place in 2020 with their Brownshirts in the form of Antifa and Burn Loot Murder and the riots and lawlessness that happened during their "Summer of Love".
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2022, 12:15:00 PM »
DUmmies are only happy when they everyone is are unhappy

FIFY  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 02:25:54 PM »
DUmmies are only happy when they are unhappy

And when everyone is not unhappy enough, they're really unhappy.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2022, 03:53:54 PM »
I know you could get some communist believing billionaires to fund a radio network. Mmmmm you could call it, Air America. Have far left "patriots" tell the truth and put the far left, communist, vision of democracy out to the people and watch it flourish. I'm sure this network would become a titan and rive all conservative and freedom lying networks out of business.

Dang!  You gave them a GREAT idea on a forum we know they monitor!  Good thing we know they are too lazy to actually TRY it.  We all know in the marketplace of ideas that the only the best will thrive so they should have no problem succeeding, right?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2022, 04:54:59 PM »
People who have a tendency to separate themselves into us vs. them have a habit of doing this in all they do. Get rid of the conservatives and they'll start on each other. They'll keep breaking themselves away from whatever group survives until there are finally two people left who hate each other. Then there will be none because the world will always be better if it wasn't for everybody else.

The socialists who did the first 1917 revolution in Russia were a very loose conglomeration of Bolsheviks, Mensheviks, Socialist Revolutionaries, and possibly a couple more splinters. After the October Revolution, the Bolsheviks gradually sent the competing party members off to the Gulags. Then in the early 30s, Stalin purged the Bolshevik leaders who had been in the party longer than him. Then in 1937-1938, Staling purged military leadership and other leading Bolsheviks.

So, yeah, if DU-grade Progs gain absolute power, they’ll soon turn inward on each other.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2022, 05:49:10 PM »
For a group who claims such fear of civil war, they sure seem hellbent on doing everything they can to kick one off.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 11:45:41 AM »
Lets reverse that.

"Progressive Jones (5,743 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216225524

How do we take down the likes of Lil Madcow, Juan, Tingles, et al?

The entire left wing propaganda machine needs to be hit, and hit hard.

I'm talking about legal means here. Their careers should be destroyed in the most humane way possible.
In this case, I'd call the desire for civility a gray area in the interest of defending our democracy.

So, how can it be done? Boycotts of advertisers? Tear 'em up in the Twitterverse?

They've caused too much damage, and continue to do so. They have to go.

In a related subject, I'm thinking of trolling lw radio. Has anyone else here done this?
Please tell me how it went.

See how that works?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.