Author Topic: I presently treat a woman who is now the widow of a retired, very high ranking m  (Read 617 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member PCIntern (21,918 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216217550

I'm again posting this story from a little less than a year ago....
I presently treat a woman who is now the widow of a retired, very high ranking military man who was at one time a base commander. I have known them for over 25 years, and he died a Couple of years ago.

To make a long story short, these two individuals are and in his case were, extreme right wing activist political people, I found them to be potentially dangerous in many ways, not the least of which was his intimate knowledge of the workings of the federal government particularly the liaisons between the civilian and the military aspects. Unlike many of the miscreants who are interviewed on television, this man was by any standard academically and militarily brilliant and was fully cognizant of the world as it exists and how it affected his sphere. He was verbal, incisive, highly opinionated to say the least, analytical, and extremely shrewd. He was a formidable person, and quite frankly somewhat charismatic, although fascists don’t particularly appeal to me in that fashion.

About six weeks before 1/6, His widow came in for a visit and asked me if I would like to join her (don’t ask -it happens a lot and someday will be a subject of an article I’m writing) on a trip on January 6 to Washington DC to “take over Congress and Stop the Steal”. Her words exactly. . Now it should be said that whenever she or her deceased husband would come in and talk I would just listen carefully, occasionally nod, and then get on with my work. I would neither visually or verbally assent to their beliefs nor would I argue because that’s not my job number one, and number two I have no desire to get into these kinds of discussions with radicals who oppose everything that I was brought up to believe in. Nothing I say would have any effect upon their opinions or actions.

So I asked her if something was going to be occurring on that day which would be transcendental, and she smiled proudly and said yes this is the big one. Now I know that many people pretend to be close to the action and speak as though they are informed, but she and when he was alive, her deceased husband really is (and were) individuals who were almost certainly contacts in the Philadelphia area for their movement. As we are finding out it is much better organized than some people gave it credit for being.

So on that Wednesday which I happened at that time to have off, I sat in front of my television watching this nightmare unfold, and was thinking to myself this woman is almost certainly down there and part of the crowd and God only knows what’s going to happen to the country. For law-enforcement to state that they had no idea that this would metamorphose into a violent insurrection is pure specious bullshit. If I knew that something big was going to go down, and I’m a nobody, I guarantee you that there were people in the know who elected for whatever reason to allow it to happen.

Even if someone’s motives were to allow it in order to expose the insanity of this movement, it’s just not moral or ethical. This was a revolution which should have been quelled in its infancy. You know that if it been from the left, it would’ve been infiltrated and destroyed in its planning stages.

I saw the widow not too long ago and she was a bit evasive when I asked her about her goings-on these days. She used to wax “poetic“ about activities, but she was more than a bit coy so I’m not certain if she has ceased her activism or knows that she cannot discuss it in public. Either way I thought I would mention this again here, for what it’s worth, and we shall see what occurs between now and Election Day, and of course, beyond.

:thatsright:

Star Member hlthe2b (89,769 posts)

2. Yes. I believe there was considered "willful ignorance" among the highest or at least mid-levels of

national law enforcement. Exposing the idiocy for what it was and is? Probably so for a minority. Sympathy for the movement? --far more consequential IMO. Complacency and a desire not to rock the boat? Sure.

Sometimes the obvious is only obvious to those of us "on the ground"-- something I found early in life. Ringing the bells loudly enough to get the attention and action of those in sufficient numbers to act is not an easy thing. History is replete with these episodes, unfortunately. Not all will be modern-day General Smedley Butlers, unfortunately.

That said, it was my decades-long detested nemesis, Dick Cheney, who brought along nearly all former Defense Secretaries to demand the military remain neutral while warning Trump against using them to affect his insurrection. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/defense-secretaries-letter-warning-trump-signed-days/story?id=75036788

Sometimes "help" comes from the least expected quarters.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

I presently treat a woman who is now the widow of a retired, very high ranking military man who was at one time a base commander.

Got HIPPA?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Chris has got to cool it on the rhetoric, lest people stop paying attention to him.

"Slightly to the right of Susan Collins" is not "extreme right wing."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

DU gots re-runs!

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Got HIPPA?

Exactly what I was thinking.  From the decade working in the administration for hospitals/medical groups, even we had to take frequent tests on the HIPAA laws, therefore I know them backwards and forwards and would NEVER disclose anything that I learned via financial records about a patient.

PC Janitor, not a real doctor.  Just like "Dr." Jill Biden, also not a medical doctor.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline zeitgeist

Expository writing versus suppository writing.  PC Intern is literally pulling it from the buttocks.

:whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

I have family members who work with medical records in the healthcare field (intentional vagueness). They have to go through a training video, with test, regarding HIPPA annually. They are restricted on what they can say, to whom, how they can communicate electronically, and how physical documents should be protected (= locked up, not a reference to a fire arm). PCI may have crossed the HIPPA line.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

I have family members who work with medical records in the healthcare field (intentional vagueness). They have to go through a training video, with test, regarding HIPPA annually. They are restricted on what they can say, to whom, how they can communicate electronically, and how physical documents should be protected (= locked up, not a reference to a fire arm). PCI may have crossed the HIPPA line.

I work in Information Technology for the County of Orange and we have to take online HIPPA class with testing every year since it is possible we may come across patient information in the course of our jobs.

As soon as I read  "I presently treat a woman..." it tripped my HIPPA violation alarm in my head

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

I work in Information Technology for the County of Orange and we have to take online HIPPA class with testing every year since it is possible we may come across patient information in the course of our jobs.

As soon as I read  "I presently treat a woman..." it tripped my HIPPA violation alarm in my head

Do you have to dispose of hard drives from computers and copy machines in special ways? None of my family members are it IT, but I'm curious.

Offline DLR Pyro

Do you have to dispose of hard drives from computers and copy machines in special ways? None of my family members are it IT, but I'm curious.

we save old hard drives in a locked storage area and periodically have a vendor come onsite with a shredder.

These are a few videos I took of the shredding operation  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2OGFg8cgPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZ0I4M3II4

Police lives matter.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

Agreed.  Occasionally during my forensic financial research, I stumbled onto key medical information which is obviously completely confidential.  Similar to auditing fishy financial transactions and B/S, I/S, cash flow statements where I'd never tell a soul unless it were my superiors.  Quite comparable to attorney/client privilege.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

Agreed.  Occasionally during my forensic financial research, I stumbled onto key medical information which is obviously completely confidential.  Similar to auditing fishy financial transactions and B/S, I/S, cash flow statements where I'd never tell a soul unless it were my superiors.  Quite comparable to attorney/client privilege.

We also have separate annual trainings/tests on Law Enforcement and Judicial data security since the County IT system covers the O.C. Sherriff, Children Services and the Courts.  Same thing about the need to know and access data and how it is not to be divulged.  The group I support doesn't include these areas but there is still the possibility to gain access to sensitive information.

Police lives matter.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
This nimrod had some bigwig invite him to DC to “stop the steal” and this primitive sat on this bit of info for a whole year before telling the other primitives?

Let’s see a show of hands of the number here who believe this liar?

No one?

Yea, me either.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Star Member PCIntern (21,918 posts)

He was a formidable person, and quite frankly somewhat charismatic, although fascists don’t particularly appeal to me in that fashion.

So how do fascist appeal to you then? They must judging the way you cheer on groups like Antifa, BLM and people elected to office.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

So how do fascist appeal to you then? They must judging the way you cheer on groups like Antifa, BLM and people elected to office.

I wonder which demagogic tyrant-wannabe PCI preferred in early 2020.

Offline jukin

Translation of PCJanitor:

I presently treat a woman = I am temporarily cleaning a woman's house.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.