Author Topic: If we, as Democrats, are apathetic about the 2022 midterm elections,  (Read 634 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member MineralMan (141,197 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216210844

If we, as Democrats, are apathetic about the 2022 midterm elections,
we will lose, and lose badly. On the other hand, if we pull up our big boy pants and do the work required to overcome the shenanigans of the Republicans and truly get out the vote of every Democrat in every jurisdiction, along with making sure that everyone is registered and helped to make it to the polls, we can win, and win big.

Apathy and fatalism are our enemies in this. Doom and gloom are our enemies.

Start today. Start by talking to everyone you know about this. Help them to understand that they, too, must act to make sure we win and the right loses. Don't take no for an answer. Keep doing this all year, leading up to both the primary and general elections for every office on the ballot.

It's either that or we are just giving in to authoritarianism and regressive policies. Let's not do that again. Let's not make the mistake of being apathetic during midterm elections again.

Let's go for the win!

:yawn:

Eliot Rosewater (27,913 posts)

1. And I suggest the first thing each of us do is contact our reps ESPECIALLY if they are Democratic

House or Senate members and ask them to please push for a more aggressive approach to Covid and describe the republican party as a propaganda machine of hate and destruction.

Ask them to pressure our fine President to put more restrictions on flying and anything else that will help.

Ask them to try and get on ANY streaming or broadcast platform to show an URGENCY about our future in the face of MAGA and their desire to end democracy!

:whatever:

Star Member secondwind (14,190 posts)

2. I will check with the Embassy here to see if they will be letting Americans vote in non-presidential year. Have not done this before... (am in Caribbean)

Star Member gab13by13 (6,526 posts)

3. What the GQP did is not shenanigans, it is election rigging.

Ignoring what the GQP did is also fatalistic.

We need to both GOTV and pass 3 voter/election bills in the Senate. Chuck Schumer, let's go for the win.

:loser:

MarcATL (78 posts)

5. If Democrats lose, and that's more like when they lose

in 2022, it'll be COMLPETELY the fault of the elected officials.

WTF have they been doing thus far for their constituents?

What are we supposed to be voting FOR?

:rotf:

Star Member TheRealNorth (4,636 posts)

7. My answer

Q: What are we supposed to be voting FOR?

A: Democracy. And the right to vote in meaningful elections.

Simple as that for me. I might pissed about some things that Democratic politicians do, but at least they all believe in Democracy and protecting people's rights regardless of religion, skin color, or political beliefs. Republicans want to crush us under an iron heel.

:mental:

qazplm135 (6,602 posts)

9. Sometimes you vote against not for

If you aren't deathly afraid of Republicans taking over then you aren't paying attention.

:mental: :mental:

Pantagruel (1,828 posts)

10. Agreed. Framing the vote is critical.

Remind people that a vote for any GOP candidate essentially is a vote to crown Trump King. That should motivate our voters and give at least some marginal pause to a small slice of GOP stalwarts?

:mental: :mental: :mental:

Budi (12,055 posts)

6. We're not giving up, so much as being shut up, shut out, shut down.

Media decides whose voice is heard & it's not ours.

Star Member TheRealNorth (4,636 posts)

8. That's true....

If you're not from some small town in the Midwest, it's like your political opinion doesn't exist.

:thatsright:

allegorical oracle (28 posts)

11. We can't afford apathy, but

It's concerning that so many -- on both left and right -- are forecasting a near-certain takeover by the Rs in the midterm. Listening to such a prediction on my car radio, today, it struck me that IF the Dems do hold the majority, a year of predictions that Republican are certain to win will serve only to fuel the crazies' notion that any win by Dems is a rigged election.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: If we, as Democrats, are apathetic about the 2022 midterm elections,
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 04:36:51 PM »
Apathetic? How about just 'pathetic'?  :-)

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 09:12:31 PM »
Budi (12,055 posts)

6. We're not giving up, so much as being shut up, shut out, shut down.

Media decides whose voice is heard & it's not ours.

You got it dude. All the alphabet networks never ever show the good things. Like destroying our energy industry or the great job they've done at the border. Plus, Twitter, and facebook will ban you in a second if you dare say anything bad about Trump.  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:I don't think you can possibly be that out of touch by accident.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 10:27:54 PM »
Apathetic? How about just 'pathetic'?  :-)

Well, I'm curious about something.

It appears the primitives have already alienated their families and other conservative entities, leaving them to communicate only with each other.

If they've got nobody they're willing to convince, well.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 08:13:07 AM »
Well, I'm curious about something.

It appears the primitives have already alienated their families and other conservative entities, leaving them to communicate only with each other.

If they've got nobody they're willing to convince, well.....

Those two dots are on opposite sides of the DUniverse, mentally unconnectable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 06:43:48 PM »
You see your demise and are in denial.

Sucks to be you!   :loser:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 06:59:46 PM »
Two words, DUmmies..  “Misery Index” - look it up, then you will better understand your problem.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 07:21:46 PM »

If we, as Democrats, are apathetic about the 2022 midterm elections, then we will be even MORE dependent on Dominion voting machine fraud.
FIFY

Seriously. We only need to gain 5 seats to control the house, and 25 incumbent Dems just retired.
Payback's a B-tch, boys.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 07:22:13 PM »

...if we pull up our big boy pants

One suspects that RockHead is shopping in the "pleasantly plump" men's department at the local Wal-Mart.  Or is that fat-shaming?  Who cares, it is Rock Head after all.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 07:27:19 PM »
Quote from:
Eliot Rosewater

And I suggest the first thing each of us do is contact our reps ESPECIALLY if they are Democratic

House or Senate members and ask them to please push for a more aggressive approach to Covid and describe the republican party as a propaganda machine of hate and destruction.

Ask them to pressure our fine President to put more restrictions on flying and anything else that will help.

Ask them to try and get on ANY streaming or broadcast platform to show an URGENCY about our future in the face of MAGA and their desire to end democracy!

Translation: FEAR!! FEAR!! FEAR!!  And let’s encourage Cap’n Dementia to restrict the freedoms of citizens even more than he wants to do now. Oh, and don’t forget FEAR!! FEAR!! FEAR!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.