Author Topic: NanceGreggs: I'm Confused  (Read 452 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
NanceGreggs: I'm Confused
« on: January 05, 2022, 08:58:16 AM »
Star Member NanceGreggs (26,686 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216213671

I'm Confused

I don't understand why people like Steve Bannon, Mark Meadows, et al are refusing to testify before the Jan/6 Committee.

If they have the courage of their convictions, why are they not chompin' at the bit when given the opportunity to explain to the committee - and the American people - exactly how all of their statements and actions were not only entirely legal, but were said and done in furtherance of democracy.

One would think that self-proclaimed patriots like Jim Jordan would have come forward long before now, in order to set the record straight and let the citizenry know just how diligently they've upheld the Constitution and honoured their oath of office. So why the hesitation to do so?

Come on down, Jeffrey Clark - and tell the viewers at home how convincing Georgia lawmakers to overturn their state's election results was the right thing to do. It's a story so many of us would be absolutely fascinated to hear.

Taking the 5th? That doesn't sound like something an innocent man would do under any circumstances - in fact, it sounds like I'm as guilty as sin, so please don't make me have to admit it in front of the whole class. In fact, it was Trump himself who repeatedly stated that only criminals plead the 5th - so maybe all of you should have checked-in with him before deciding to do so.

It's rather puzzling as to why the people who have insisted that everything they've said and done to keep Trump in power are now so shy about claiming credit for their efforts. It's almost as though they're afraid that having done so will land them in prison - and surely that can't be the case, when their only goal was to ensure that the guy who lost the election was declared the winner - the will of the people be damned.

:whatever:

Star Member kacekwl (5,517 posts)

1. You'd think

someone would ask that question to their face next time they are on TV.

I think they should answer, "It's a Stalinist show-trial. I'll pass."

Star Member The Wizard (11,586 posts)

3. Trump's favorite book, The Bible,

says the truth will set you free. Back then they didn't have the Fifth Amendment. So they must answer for their sedition (domestic treason). Or, it's off to Uzbekistan for extraordinary rendition. Anyone remember waterboarding? Who knows, maybe Garland has the pictures of Trump wearing a stained blue dress.

Star Member agingdem (3,927 posts)

4. I'm with you...

they wrote books, how-to manuals, PowerPoint presentations, media interviews...and now their refusing to testify..why?..if those treasonous assholes are so damn proud of their "work" then why not sit across from the 1/6 Select Committee and justify their reasons for overturning an election and shredding the Constitution?...what are they so afraid of?...jail time, maybe, but only if Trump goes first...and we know that's not going to happen...

7. They did what they did ...

... because they thought Trump would be "reinstalled" as pOTUS, and they'd be rewarded.

Sadly for them, things didn't quite pan out as expected.

As for jail time, Trump won't be "going first". Jailing his lackeys is a much easier task.

Remember that Nixon never served a day in jail - but his lackeys did.

Star Member agingdem (3,927 posts)

10. I remember..when I hear Navarro crow how close he and his like-minded Congress traitors came to anointing Trump President For Life but for those "rambunctious tourists" blowing his carefully crafted plan to hell, I think of that 1960s movie Seven Days in May...sans the murderous riot, there are a lot of similarities...

Star Member gab13by13 (6,545 posts)

8. It is all out in the open,

Mark Meadows is the hub who was used by Trump to keep his hands clean. Meadows was the relay man who relayed Trump's wishes.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, honest people don't use burner phones and encryption to do official government business.

When the select committee gets the White House documents and correspondence, Meadow's burner phone texts better be there archived.

Star Member IrishAfricanAmerican (2,507 posts)

12. They should follow the example of their ideological forebears...

and stand up before the public and shout out their staunch beliefs in fascism and then commit suicide like Hermann Göring. Then I'd give some credit for at least being honest about themselves.

What they really are is cowards.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: NanceGreggs: I'm Confused
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:23:06 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216213671

I'm Confused

I don't understand why people like Steve Bannon, Mark Meadows, et al are refusing to testify before the Jan/6 Committee.

Let me explain in a medium and terms you might understand (even if you're still seeing double):

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 10:59:11 AM »

I think they should answer, "It's a Stalinist show-trial. I'll pass."

Has Nance been putting embalming fluid in her morning vodka again?

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 12:30:37 PM »
Oh look, the old nonsensical point that an innocent person would allow endless and arbitrary vetting, interrogation, and investigation.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 01:01:11 PM »
Literary genius nance doesn’t realize its “champing at the bit”, not chomping..

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 02:55:08 PM »
Replace "1/6 Committee" with "police officer" and see how fast they love the 4th and 5th Amendments again.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 05:46:00 PM »
Nance, you are not confused you are drunk on your way to crapping your pants and not knowing. Very much like your pretendent, Joe Biden.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 09:33:33 AM »
Has Nance been putting embalming fluid in her morning vodka again?

She went with turpentine and lead paint chips...borrowed from a neighbor.

:whistling:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.