Author Topic: Just a thought, and maybe a naive one  (Read 447 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Just a thought, and maybe a naive one
« on: January 04, 2022, 08:53:50 AM »
OLDMDDEM (758 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216210140

Just a thought, and maybe a naive one

Since Dumpy lost the election and has been spilling lies for over a year and raising money doing it, wouldn't that qualify as a RICO case for the DA? Raising money under false pretenses is a crime, right?

:thatsright:

Star Member Walleye (10,442 posts)

1. Yes!

:thatsright:

Star Member mucifer (20,500 posts)

2. Just waiting for proof he isn't above the law. Hoping it comes soon

edhopper (28,296 posts)

4. only if he uses

that money for something other than he raises it for. Political lies are protected speech.

OLDMDDEM (758 posts)

5. Interesting

I would think political lies would be fraudulent.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Just a thought, and maybe a naive one
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 08:55:28 AM »
If political lies were a crime, 2/3 of Republicans and 100% of democrats would be behind bars.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 04:37:58 PM »
There's a reason the late Harry Reid stood in the Well of the Senate to lie about Mitt Romney's taxes. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 04:47:06 PM »
There's a reason the late Harry Reid stood in the Well of the Senate to lie about Mitt Romney's taxes.

Absolutely the only place in the entire universe where he could have done that and not had to be personally responsible for the words coming out of his soup cooler.

Effin' craven piece of excrement (piss be upon him)...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 10:23:04 AM »
Dear Low Count DUchebag, It's not just naive but stupid. I would expect nothing more from a poster at the DUmp.

If this is a mole, well done.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 10:32:17 AM »
On a side note, I've always thought that when elected political officials and those running for office speak to the public it should be as if they were under oath, and any of the "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" non-sense would be considered perjury and make the speaker liable for the standard penalties for perjury. It would make some of these a$$holes serious consider the words coming out of their mouths.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.