Author Topic: How is Liz Cheney doing in Wyoming?  (Read 224 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
How is Liz Cheney doing in Wyoming?
« on: January 03, 2022, 09:09:25 AM »
Star Member Hekate (73,012 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216206328

How is Liz Cheney doing in Wyoming? Will they re-elect her?
Anyone know?

To quote a Wyoming Cowboy I know from Thermopolis, "**** that ****ing carpet-bagging bitch!"

Star Member PortTack (22,817 posts)

1. I don't know, but I know the gqp of Wyoming disowned her.

Stupid is as stupid does!

everyonematters (2,979 posts)

3. I doubt she will get relected.

I think that she probably knows her chances are slim to none. The one who is kidding himself is Pence.

Star Member Solly Mack (84,826 posts)

4. If Press reports are accurate, the state level GOP is gunning for her.

Not to mention those on the federal level.

So...

Star Member Hekate (73,012 posts)

8. She has been really stalwart in defense of the republic, so personally I am hoping someone ...

…at the national level will give her campaign financial and other backing, possibly as an Independent.

On the other hand, I’ve been quite aware from the beginning that she threw all her bets on trying to save the country, and to hell with what was once her party.

Star Member no_hypocrisy (39,301 posts)

9. Cheney allies pin her reelection hopes on purported silent majority in Wyoming

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney’s reelection hopes in Wyoming hinge on a silent majority throwing her a lifeline, according to her political allies in the state, who say she could be rewarded for risking her political future in the name of principle.

Her backers say the bark of Ms. Cheney‘s most vocal Republican critics in the state is worse than their bite, insisting the rabble-rousers in the party are out of sync with the sentiment of most Wyoming residents.

“They are loud and they are ugly,” said former state Rep. Amy Edmonds, who has previously worked for Ms. Cheney. “They are a minority, though. That is definitely not Wyoming.”

Ms. Cheney, a daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, is gearing up for the fight of her political life, a year after cruising to reelection to her at-large seat in 2020.

Former President Donald Trump, his allies and his loyal supporters are calling for her ouster.

Star Member mucifer (20,498 posts)

11. Maybe the live 1/6 hearings will help. But, I doubt it Remember she votes for evil

consistently except for what happened on 1/6.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: How is Liz Cheney doing in Wyoming?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 10:03:55 AM »
8. She has been really stalwart in defense of the political status quo, so personally I am hoping someone ...

…at the national level will give her campaign financial and other backing, possibly as an Independent.

On the other hand, I’ve been quite aware from the beginning that she threw all her bets on trying to save the political ruling class, and to hell with what was once her party.

Fixed it for you.