Author Topic: Chris Wallace Announces He’s Joining CNN  (Read 602 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Chris Wallace Announces He’s Joining CNN
« on: December 12, 2021, 04:21:56 PM »
Who woulda thunk?  :rotf:

Like father, like son.

With this revelation, Chris no longer has to pretend he's any kind of real journalist. All he has to do is point toward his father's "legacy" which is anything short of "journalism."

Epoch Times
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Chris Wallace Announces He’s Joining CNN
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
Here's the article, for those who can't read Epoch Times:

After announcing Sunday he’s leaving Fox News, anchor Chris Wallace and CNN confirmed he’s joining the network despite recent controversies surrounding former anchor Chris Cuomo and the recent arrest of a CNN producer on alleged sex crimes.

Wallace will join CNN+, the news organization’s streaming product that’s launching next year, and will host a show that interviews celebrities, politicians, business leaders, and sports figures, according to CNN in a news release.

“I am thrilled to join CNN+. After decades in broadcast and cable news, I am excited to explore the world of streaming. I look forward to the new freedom and flexibility streaming affords in interviewing major figures across the news landscape—and finding new ways to tell stories,” Wallace said in a statement provided by CNN.

During his past several years at Fox News, Wallace was criticized by Republicans, including former President Donald Trump, for showing an alleged bias against conservatives.  Wallace also recently objected to Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s “Patriot Purge,” a documentary that offers an alternative to the dominant narrative on Jan. 6 Capitol breach; two longtime Fox News contributors resigned recently over Carlson’s documentary.

On Sunday, Wallace told viewers that “after 18 years—this is my final Fox News Sunday … it is the last time—and I say this with real sadness—we will meet like this.”

“Eighteen years ago, the bosses here at Fox promised me they would never interfere with a guest I booked or a question I asked. And they kept that promise,” Wallace, the son of CBS correspondent Mike Wallace, added in his on-air announcement. “I have been free to report to the best of my ability, to cover the stories I think are important, to hold our country’s leaders to account.”

Fox News, meanwhile, said that it would use a rotating slate of hosts to replace Wallace on Sundays.

In recent weeks, CNN has been plagued by scandal. The network announced last weekend that it fired Chris Cuomo after reports suggested that he was more involved in trying to help his brother, then-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, navigate a public relations implosion following a series of sexual harassment allegations last year.

And over the weekend, a CNN producer, John Griffin, was arrested on charges that he allegedly coerced parents to allow their minor daughters to engage in sexual activity in his Vermont home. According to his LinkedIn profile, Griffin had worked on CNN’s “New Day.”

On several “communication platforms, Griffin sought to persuade parents to allow him to train their daughters to be sexually submissive,” U.S. Attorney’s Office in Vermont wrote in a statement. “In June of 2020, Griffin advised a mother of 9- and 13-year-old daughters that the mother’s responsibility was to see that her older daughter was ‘trained properly.'”

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 07:15:18 PM »
A lot of people already considered him to be a CNN-employee. 

I don't know how streaming on CNN is going to 'free-up' his Republican brow-beating schtick as far as 'major' political guests are concerned.  What's he gonna do?  Let them talk a little longer before the inevitable  " But, Sir " interruption?  Fox News Sunday is like a mortuary.  Meanwhile, Tucker interviews between 5-and-9 'major' guests every week.

Hey, Chris.  Take Juan with ya...   

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
Here's the article, for those who can't read Epoch Times:

Thanks Mr. E, I appreciate you posting this ... :blowkiss:

I don't have the time, nor the desire  to keep signing up to all that is available on the internet at the moment, these days.

On Sunday, Wallace told viewers that “after 18 years—this is my final Fox News Sunday … it is the last time—and I say this with real sadness—we will meet like this.”

:ohmy:   

"With real sadness"    OK - if you say so ... 

But for me & countless others, we are delighted to see you go, and please take Juan Williams & Cavuto with you!!! 
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 08:29:09 PM »
And further more Chris ...

Good luck to you & CNN, as you both keep going  down in the ratings!!!   :rotf:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 06:24:41 AM »
And further more Chris ...

Good luck to you & CNN, as you both keep going  down in the ratings!!!   :rotf:

Yep - kinda like taking a band-aid to an aortic bleedout gusher.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 06:47:17 AM »
Yep - kinda like taking a band-aid to an aortic bleedout gusher.

Yeah, well, you know what they say:
"A sucking chest wound is nature's way of saying it's time to slow it down a bit."

So Fox's sucking chest wound is going over to a network where sucking chest wounds go at their own pace...

Cue Chris Wallace "coming out of the closet" in ...4 ...3 ...2.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus