Author Topic: I'm seeing a lot of "Help Wanted" signs in my  (Read 311 times)

Offline CC27

I'm seeing a lot of "Help Wanted" signs in my
« on: December 09, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »
MineralMan (140,580 posts)

I'm seeing a lot of "Help Wanted" signs in my

Twin Cities suburb. I see them at retail stores, at restaurants, and at other businesses. There's a big one at the local Arby's. It's advertising pay, starting at $17 per hour. Seems like everyone's looking for workers, and they're increasing their pay, because the demand is higher than the supply.

We have a large number of businesses where I live. It's a very active shopping area, and just about everyone is looking for people to fill jobs. And that's accomplishing the goal of better pay for workers, since they're not seeing a stream of applicants. It's something I haven't seen for a while, and I see it as a positive thing, all around, really.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216128934

No its not you retard.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: I'm seeing a lot of "Help Wanted" signs in my
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:23:45 PM »
It's something I haven't seen for a while, and I see it as a positive thing, all around, really.

google "the great resignation 2021" you moron and then tell me it's a positive thing
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 03:14:08 PM »
Rock for Brains

Seems like everyone's looking for workers, and they're increasing their pay, because the demand is higher than the supply.

Obviously you are failing at economics 101 and the root cause of this.  It the society you've created of actually adult aged emotional children who don't want get out of their bedrooms to even show up unless they get paid $30 an hour.  They aren't going to work at Arby's for a mere $17 per hour.  That's far beneath them, and they can still stay on the parents' or government teat.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 04:07:19 PM »
It's advertising pay, starting at $17 per hour. Seems like everyone's looking for workers, and they're increasing their pay, because the demand is higher than the supply.

Hmmm, I wonder if there could be another reason why they would offer that wage.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »
I award this DUmmy no bongs for this lame Bouncy and we are all dumber for having read this drivel. May Satan have no mercy on its soul.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.