Author Topic: Just saw Ghostbusters Afterlife and......  (Read 993 times)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Just saw Ghostbusters Afterlife and......
« on: November 20, 2021, 07:21:35 PM »
It's an excellent film and worthy of being a sequel. The ending really hits you in the feels but in a very good way. There are 2 end credit scenes, one at the very beginning and one at the very end.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Just saw Ghostbusters Afterlife and......
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 07:40:32 PM »
It's an excellent film and worthy of being a sequel. The ending really hits you in the feels but in a very good way. There are 2 end credit scenes, one at the very beginning and one at the very end.

I agree fully.  Fun movie to watch, respectful of the "canon" of the original without, IMO, being overly subservient. 

Mckenna Grace did a wonderful job.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 08:28:33 PM »
I agree fully.  Fun movie to watch, respectful of the "canon" of the original without, IMO, being overly subservient. 

Mckenna Grace did a wonderful job.
That she did. I looked up her acting history on IMDB. She has quite the list of movies, TV shows and voice acting to her credit.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5085683/
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »
I'm not on the edge of the cutting-edge anymore, but I realize that the original Ghostbusters' lore had, had to be rescued from the 2016 abyssmals...  Otherwise it would've been a franchise totally ruined by PC-wokeness. 

Kids love the scary stuff.  Adults love the adventure stuff.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »

Dangit, I missed the end end credit scene.  I stuck for the beginning end credit scene because of the text on-screen credit that NOBODY saw coming.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 02:49:22 PM »
Dangit, I missed the end end credit scene.  I stuck for the beginning end credit scene because of the text on-screen credit that NOBODY saw coming.

Found the second end credit scene on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/CcDziOEpUQE

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »
Haven't watched Ghostbusters in ages nor any of the sequels, especially the apparently execrable one with Melissa McCarthy/Kristin Wiig/et al.

For Halloween 3 weeks ago, asked a Ghostbusters trivia question at my trivia gig.  Ray Parker Jr. was successfully sued for plagiarising a song written by what other popular 1980's musician for his song "Ghostbusters"?  (Obviously y'all can search online to cheat, but it is a fun question regardless)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 07:31:03 PM »
Haven't watched Ghostbusters in ages nor any of the sequels, especially the apparently execrable one with Melissa McCarthy/Kristin Wiig/et al.

For Halloween 3 weeks ago, asked a Ghostbusters trivia question at my trivia gig.  Ray Parker Jr. was successfully sued for plagiarising a song written by what other popular 1980's musician for his song "Ghostbusters"?  (Obviously y'all can search online to cheat, but it is a fun question regardless)

Hey Lewis & The News... 

I don't remember what Parker was up to, regarding that incident.  Probably a perfect-storm of verbal misunderstandings.  He had a couple good songs of his own already 'on the charts'.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 08:52:28 PM »
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 01:55:45 PM »

Hey Lewis & The News... 

I don't remember what Parker was up to, regarding that incident.  Probably a perfect-storm of verbal misunderstandings.  He had a couple good songs of his own already 'on the charts'.

Correct.  Ray Parker Jr. was already an accomplished and talented musician before Ghostbusters.  So it was odd for him to plagiarize the rhythm and beat of the Huey Lewis & the News song "I Want a New Drug".  If one listens to both songs back to back, it is really easy to hear.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender