Author Topic: Georgia Tech researcher discussed using ‘bag of tricks’ to prove Trump-Russia co  (Read 310 times)

Offline SVPete

Georgia Tech researcher discussed using ‘bag of tricks’ to prove Trump-Russia collusion: indictment

https://www.thecollegefix.com/georgia-tech-researcher-discussed-using-bag-of-tricks-to-prove-trump-russia-collusion/

Two computer researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have been cited in a recent indictment against an attorney for the 2016 Hillary Clinton for President campaign accused of making false statements in building the case that Donald Trump colluded with Russia during the campaign.

In building the case that Trump had worked with a bank with Kremlin ties, one of the researchers warned they would have to “expose every trick we have in our bag” to make “a very weak association” between Trump and the Russians.

According to the indictment, Georgia Tech computer scientist Manos Antonakakis (referred to in the indictment as “Researcher-1”), and data scientist David Dagon (“Researcher-2”) were on a team of data experts tasked with finding links between Trump and the Russian government.
The Georgia Tech researchers, provided early access to the data, allegedly began using it to draw links between the Russians — even though Antonakakis and Dagon appeared skeptical of what they actually found.

“Half the time I stop myself and wonder: am I really seeing evidence of espionage on behalf of a presidential candidate?” Dagon wrote to Joffe on July 29.

“The data connecting Trump to Russia does not make much sense with the storyline you have,” Antonakakis emailed Joffe on August 19.

“Being able to provide evidence of *anything* that shows an attempt to behave badly in relation to this, the VIPs would be happy,” Joffe later responded. “They’re looking for a true story that could be used as the basis for closer examination.”
The only thing that drives us at this point is that we just do not like [Trump],” Antonakakis added. “This will not fly in eyes of public scrutiny. Folks, I am afraid we have tunnel vision. Time to regroup?”

Nonetheless, the researchers allegedly began drafting a “white paper” using the allegations, which Sussman later presented to the FBI. During this drafting period, Sussman allegedly billed the Clinton campaign for his time.

Even in the Wonderful World of Mushware (software), you form your conclusions around the data, not form the data around the desired conclusion.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.