Author Topic: ‘F**king Disaster’: GOP Election Victories in VA Causes Infighting Among Dems  (Read 403 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

‘F**king Disaster’: GOP Election Victories in VA Causes Infighting Among Democrats
https://conservativebrief.com/gop-3-53998/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD
epublicans racking up election victories in Virginia on Tuesday night is not sitting well with Democrats.

Democrats had expected Virginia to stay reliably in their “blue” column, but Republicans won big time.

According to a report from Politico, the “Red Wave” on Tuesday has caused Democratic infighting over Joe Biden’s radical legislative agenda.

An unnamed Democrat congressman from New Jersey told Politico Playbook that Biden failed to pass any accomplishments, which hurt the base’s enthusiasm.

“F*cking disaster down-ballot and way too close at the top. Not enough excitement at top of NJ ticket — Biden, Covid, etc. No accomplishments. Should have passed infrastructure a month ago,” the unnamed Democrat told Politico.

In contrast, an unidentified House aide told Politico the defeat on Tuesday should not be blamed on progressives.

“It’s absurd to blame progressives for Virginia,” the Democrat aide said, citing that the race was lost because the election was not about “federal issues.”

“If you want to fault D.C., fault the tiny group of conservative Dems who intentionally blocked childcare, prescription drug reform, universal pre-k, and paid leave all fall,” the aide said, blaming “moderate” Democrats.

Joe Biden did not look like he took the results of Tuesday’s elections very well.

As noted by the New York Post, Biden looked “crestfallen early Wednesday when he stepped back on US soil amid a devastating election night for his party.”

“The 78-year-old commander-in-chief cast his eyes to the ground, his face etched with concern soon after stepping off Air Force One as the Democrats faced a series of crushing losses in expected strongholds. Biden, whose public schedule is empty Wednesday, had already been in crisis last week when he jetted off for his five-day jaunt in Europe, with his poll numbers flagging and ongoing struggles to pass his $3 trillion plan for new government spending,” the Post added.
Much more at link. Really good read.
Democrats have nothing to offer, once people figure that out we win.

Offline DLR Pyro

They're trying to place blame for all their failures on Manchin and Senema
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I love it when they eat their own.

Of course, looking in the mirror to see what the problem is isn't even considered. Which is good. Let them hate on each other.

Hate. It's what they do.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

They're trying to place blame for all their failures on Manchin and Senema

I've not seen anything wrt the NJ races, but in Virginia, Seattle, Minneapolis, and the Colorado school board changes the issues were local. I doubt that the dramas of Manchin, Sinema, Pelosi, and Biden were on those people's voting radar screens. What Rs need to keep in mind, though, is that indies and cross-over Dems voted issues, not party, and the Rs got fairly little loyalty transfer. The Rs have to drive issues, not party or bogey-cards, in 2022 elections.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I've not seen anything wrt the NJ races, but in Virginia, Seattle, Minneapolis, and the Colorado school board changes the issues were local. I doubt that the dramas of Manchin, Sinema, Pelosi, and Biden were on those people's voting radar screens. What Rs need to keep in mind, though, is that indies and cross-over Dems voted issues, not party, and the Rs got fairly little loyalty transfer. The Rs have to drive issues, not party or bogey-cards, in 2022 elections.

From what I've seen and read, Youngkin did exactly that while avoiding the 900 lb. gorilla in the room, DJT. McAwful tried, unsuccessfully, to paint Youngkin with the DJT brush though he tried hard.

Youngkin's recipe for success should be studied and emulated for next year's races -- especially since Repubs have this rather annoying tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.