Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Signs EO Banning Vaccine Mandates  (Read 516 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Gov. Abbott Signs EO Banning Vaccine Mandates
« on: October 12, 2021, 06:48:28 AM »
Interesting how Abbott signs an EO after his opponent in his reelection campaign, Former Rep. Allen West, declared how vaxx mandates made him even more determined to fight against them.

Greg, you've got your work cut out for you. West is a formidable opponent.

TownHall
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Re: Gov. Abbott Signs EO Banning Vaccine Mandates
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 08:21:39 AM »
I understand why Abbott is issuing these orders, but frankly, I think it is government overreach.  Let businesses make their decisions and face the consequences.  Feel the same way about his banning of mask mandates.  All these are doing is generating massive legal battles.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:57:28 AM »
I understand why Abbott is issuing these orders, but frankly, I think it is government overreach.  Let businesses make their decisions and face the consequences.  Feel the same way about his banning of mask mandates.  All these are doing is generating massive legal battles.

Agree in principle, but I think in general that he's targeting his EO (though it's not written that way) towards government functions/employees. You're absolutely correct in that businesses need to make their own decisions and if they opt toward BS vaxx and mask mandates, they need to face their own consequences. We're seeing this with Southwest Airlines and various FAA employee "sickovers".

More toward the premise of my initial observation is Abbott's putting out an EO as an answer to West's statement about fighting mandates of any type. It means he's worried about West, as he should be. Would Abbott have issued that EO if West had not made his statement?

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:33:46 AM »
Agree in principle, but I think in general that he's targeting his EO (though it's not written that way) towards government functions/employees. You're absolutely correct in that businesses need to make their own decisions and if they opt toward BS vaxx and mask mandates, they need to face their own consequences. We're seeing this with Southwest Airlines and various FAA employee "sickovers".

More toward the premise of my initial observation is Abbott's putting out an EO as an answer to West's statement about fighting mandates of any type. It means he's worried about West, as he should be. Would Abbott have issued that EO if West had not made his statement?

I think so.  Abbott seems really hell bent on opposing whatever Biden spits out.  There's rumors of presidential goals from Abbott, which would also encourage actions that make him look like the anti-democrat.  Not sure how it would turn out on the national stage, we will have to wait and see.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 12:00:38 PM »
I think so.  Abbott seems really hell bent on opposing whatever Biden spits out.  There's rumors of presidential goals from Abbott, which would also encourage actions that make him look like the anti-democrat.  Not sure how it would turn out on the national stage, we will have to wait and see.

Sorry, but I just can't see Abbott campaigning for the presidency -- in a wheelchair. Since Gropey Joe has cornered the market in projecting weakness, he's hard to beat. But I can't see the GOP nominating Abbott for the WH. It's absolutely vital that the next president be vibrant, on top of things, and that he/she project strength. I just don't see that in Abbott, though he talks a good game.

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 01:00:54 PM »
Sorry, but I just can't see Abbott campaigning for the presidency -- in a wheelchair. Since Gropey Joe has cornered the market in projecting weakness, he's hard to beat. But I can't see the GOP nominating Abbott for the WH. It's absolutely vital that the next president be vibrant, on top of things, and that he/she project strength. I just don't see that in Abbott, though he talks a good game.

I don't really see him pulling it off either, but I'll wait and see where the chips fall.  We are a long way out from 2024, not positive if Trump is actually running or not, if so, will the GOP get behind him or will the NeverTrumpers make problems, and that's before figuring out how Abbott's personality and record would hold up on the national stage. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 01:19:48 PM »
I don't really see him pulling it off either, but I'll wait and see where the chips fall.  We are a long way out from 2024, not positive if Trump is actually running or not, if so, will the GOP get behind him or will the NeverTrumpers make problems, and that's before figuring out how Abbott's personality and record would hold up on the national stage.

I would have thought that DeSantis would make a run in 2024, but with the announcement of his wife's breast cancer, I would think he'd demur. That would propel Trump and remove an obstacle (despite his bravado, there is MUCH to like about DeSantis vice Trump and many conservative and independents agree with that) and, I'd wager, he'll run. He's all but announced it anyway.