Author Topic: Debt ceiling?  (Read 646 times)

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Debt ceiling?
« on: October 09, 2021, 12:33:33 AM »
All I am looking for is a number.

HOW HIGH DO THE DEMOCRATS WANT THE DEBT CEILING?

I have looked at many dozen articles on the subject.  Crickets on the number.  I haven't tried looking at the bill itself.  Hundreds or thousands of pages of Washingtonese word salad makes me sleepy. 

Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Debt ceiling?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 04:35:46 AM »
All I am looking for is a number.

HOW HIGH DO THE DEMOCRATS WANT THE DEBT CEILING?

I have looked at many dozen articles on the subject.  Crickets on the number.  I haven't tried looking at the bill itself.  Hundreds or thousands of pages of Washingtonese word salad makes me sleepy. 

Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

The $480B proposed by the Turtle (and accepted by the Dems) is what the CBO said is necessary to run the gov't till 3 Dec without shutdown.

The Dems would have to kick it up another $3.5T to pass their reconciliation bill and that is the Kiss of Death for them because they don't have the votes to do it. The Turtle says the Dems are on their own for that one, and this time I believe him -- until he caves, of course.

In the past, the Dems have always been able to shove the blame for the gov't shutdown on the Repubs and the Turtle has had a hard time evading it. Never could figure that out, except of course the lame stream media does a great job in selling that idea.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Debt ceiling?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
The $480B proposed by the Turtle (and accepted by the Dems) is what the CBO said is necessary to run the gov't till 3 Dec without shutdown.

The Dems would have to kick it up another $3.5T to pass their reconciliation bill and that is the Kiss of Death for them because they don't have the votes to do it. The Turtle says the Dems are on their own for that one, and this time I believe him -- until he caves, of course.

In the past, the Dems have always been able to shove the blame for the gov't shutdown on the Repubs and the Turtle has had a hard time evading it. Never could figure that out, except of course the lame stream media does a great job in selling that idea.

Yup, the MSM always spins any potential shut down as the fault of the Repubs.  Doesn't matter how impractical the demands are that the Donks make; if the Repubs don't give away the whole store then it's their fault the place gets looted and burned to the ground.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein