Author Topic: Greetings from the high desert  (Read 1891 times)

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Greetings from the high desert
« on: May 14, 2021, 10:34:22 AM »
I am a CU refugee; miss lots of nice people from there.  I tried Gab for a month or so.  It's probably only a few percent but there are too many anti-Semites, real racists, Q Kool-Aid drinkers and neo-Nazis for my taste; too many people who actually look forward to a "hot" civil war.  It also convinced me that "virtue signaling" exists in the entire political spectrum. 

We are at a dangerous crossroad for the future of our Republic.  My hope is that Chuck and Nancy are, in their hearts, corrupt politicians whose rhetoric is designed to keep loony-tune branch of their base "on the reservation".

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Greetings from the high desert
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 04:21:36 PM »
I am a CU refugee; miss lots of nice people from there.  I tried Gab for a month or so.  It's probably only a few percent but there are too many anti-Semites, real racists, Q Kool-Aid drinkers and neo-Nazis for my taste; too many people who actually look forward to a "hot" civil war.  It also convinced me that "virtue signaling" exists in the entire political spectrum. 

We are at a dangerous crossroad for the future of our Republic.  My hope is that Chuck and Nancy are, in their hearts, corrupt politicians whose rhetoric is designed to keep loony-tune branch of their base "on the reservation".

Good to see you, whatever the circumstances!

I'm registered on Gab, but I really don't frequent the site all that much. Appears (at least from the emails that are regularly spit out) that there's a religious angle, which I don't have a problem with. Not sure what the anti-Semitism is all about, except that the Gab people deny it. From what I can glean (not much) it's a site like many others with wackos and nutjobs that will post most anything and the Gab people - rightly - won't challenge it.

I'm not here to defend Gab so much, only that it's one of those sites where you can allow free speech (no matter how putrid) or censor, like Fecesbook and Twister.

I agree we're at a dangerous crossroad. With a weak and non-existent president, we are going to be continually tested and it remains to be seen when and if the "testing" results in something more violent than what we've seen with the assuredly blind eye that Putin put toward the criminal gang "Darkside" that extorted up to $5 million from the Colonial pipeline company.

Kinda remains to be seen who actually PAYS that $5 million. My money is on the U.S. taxpayer, though in the grand scheme of things, $5 million is a drop in President Asterisk's bucket.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 11:01:52 PM »
Greetings. Inherited some property out there in California City. You anywhere close?

Visit Gab daily, yep, they're all there. Do like the memes , humor and gun groups. Granddaughter likes the animals and picture groups.

I look for something that would give some advance warning. Warning it maybe going hot.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 11:12:05 PM »
Greetings. Inherited some property out there in California City. You anywhere close?

Middle of nowhere, New Mexico.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 09:45:52 AM »
Kinda remains to be seen who actually PAYS that $5 million. My money is on the U.S. taxpayer, though in the grand scheme of things, $5 million is a drop in President Asterisk's bucket.

With all the endless distributions of profits Columbia has made to its rich owners, they could pay it out of profits and never bat an eye.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 09:57:49 AM »
Good to see you here old dog. Now if just a few more would show up.....
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!