Author Topic: Done. Moving out. Back to Europe.  (Read 2818 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Done. Moving out. Back to Europe.
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »
Star Member GoneOffShore (12,900 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018920615

That's it.

I'm too old for this shit.

We have decided to sell up, buy an apartment in Aix and apply for long stay visa's for France.

Yes, I know, the French have their racists and xenophobes, and there is the worry of Marine LePen, but if we stay in the US, the stress is going to kill me and Mrs GoS.

Can't take it anymore. We'll join Democrats Abroad, we'll continue to be active, but the toxicity has finally gotten to us.

It's going to take a year or more, but going to be worth it.

We will miss our friends, and Philadelphia, but not the crap.

:yahoo:

Jake Stern (703 posts)
3. Feel the same here

My partner and I don't want to raise our son in this toxic environment. We are trying for simplified naturalization in a Central European nation we both have an ancestral connection to, which will open access to the EU.

If that fails we've discussed taking advantage of the Dutch American Friendship Treaty which gives Americans equal rights with Dutch nationals to reside and work in the Dutch Caribbean, Aruba and Curacao, maybe using that to springboard to the Netherlands.

Plan Z is Israel using Right of Return.

Israel?  :rotf:

mnhtnbb (20,799 posts)
19. I tried to get my husband to buy a condo on Bonaire two summers ago...

and he wouldn't do it. We have friends who have lived there--most of the year--for the last 25 years. They would have helped
us with advice about the paperwork.

I can't get my husband to give up his practice (he's 74). It's driving me crazy. I want out...willing to go to Hawaii or St. John or St. Croix
even though US very isolated from the gun nuts and bigots all over the mainland...if hubby won't do another country.

We also do have permanent resident visas for Panama--long story involving the decision to create an escape hatch during the Bushie boy years--but we sold the property we were building there after our house here burned down in 2007 and Obama was elected we no longer felt the need. So we'd still
have to start all over again with bank accounts, etc and I don't think we could afford to buy in to the development 10 years later!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member oldtime dfl_er (5,690 posts)
7. My stupid bf is a citizen of a euro country but I cant get him to marry me. Pisses me off.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NanceGreggs (22,133 posts)
37. Given that I am in Canada ...

... yes, I am safe here - safe from Trump's EOs, safe from Republicans passing discriminatory legislation against women's rights and LGBT rights, safe from Evangelicals influencing gov't policy, safe from bankruptcy due to medical expenses, safe from the consequences of lax gun laws, etc.

Trump's bluster stops at the border. We here are not subject to his idiocy, or his policies.

:bird:

Jake Stern (703 posts)
24. "There is a good chance that this country and its institutions will survive Trump"

Disagree. It barely survived Shrub and he paid lip service to the idea of democracy. TrumpenFuhrer is openly contemptuous of it. With a high probability of SCOTUS becoming a 6-4 or worse conservative majority it's will be a mere rubber stamp to the 'Bagger agenda. I fully expect to see all of the following to receive favorable decisions within the next 8 years

Strict voter photo ID
Immunity for cops who shoot first, ask questions later
National right to work
Gutting Roe v. Wade
Religious freedom decisions legalizing LGBT discrimination
Drug testing for assistance including food stamps

I'd rather take my chances in a place that has an institution like the ECHR keeping an eye on things than a compliant, partisan life appointed Supreme Court.

Star Member GoneOffShore (12,900 posts)
35. As the expression goes, I'm getting too old for this shit.

I did the whole anti-war thing during the 60's and beyond.

We're just putting this in place and it's going to take more than 18 months. And will continue to fight.

But, I'd rather live in Europe. I have tired of the way that culture has changed and degraded in the US. And having lived abroad before, I really don't think that the US is the pinnacle of civilization. In fact, it has become the nadir in many respects.

:???:

Lets say you were 18 in 1968 'doing the 60s anti-war thing'.

that would make you in your late 60s now. What country would want you coming in just to soak up their medical care?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:16:18 PM by franksolich »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: Done. Moving out. Back to Europe.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
Door, your fat saggy wrinkly ass, some assembly required.

Over/under on number of DUchebags that leave? ZERO Same number I give most of those bouncys
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:04:49 AM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
Could any liberal cite anything that President Trump said about restricting LGBT rights?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »
just wish i could believe DUmmies were really leaving.
 :lol:

please. it is HOPELESS! Trump cannot be removed as president. Save yourselves and leave!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »
that would make you in your late 60s now. What country would want you coming in just to soak up their medical care?

The offshore primitive is a gouty old guy, approaching if not already at 70 years of age.

He's got a much-younger trophy wife who's like ten times more aesthetic than the sparkling old dude's much younger trophy wife.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
Someone asked this question earlier but I think it needs to be asked again.

How come when the libs leave the country they want to move to white countries? Always Europe or Canada never Africa or South America or India. I think they are letting their true racism show through without realizing it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:26:18 AM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
Someone asked this question earlier but I think it needs to be asked again.

How come when the libs leave the country to want to move to white countries? Always Europe or Canada never Africa or South America or India. I think they are letting their true racism show through without realizing it.

Uh huh.

Mali's begging for people to move there, but no primitive's ever indicated an interest in moving to Mali.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »
There's something about him that reminds me of a frog. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »

He must be as rich as Croesus, because he's so old and she, well, she looks like she has some self-respect and so probably doesn't come cheap.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 08:52:17 PM »
Here's hoping they meet in France their Muslim comrades who are wearing bulky vests and/or weighty backpacks. And the last words they hear are "Allahu Akbar".

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 09:01:19 PM »
Star Member GoneOffShore (12,900 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018920615

That's it.

Watch out for the muzzies.  I understand they are quite good wielding machetes on the infidels over there.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 09:55:41 PM »
Could any liberal cite anything that President Trump said about restricting LGBT rights?

Well, he is on record for not liking the Moslem habit of throwing them off roof-tops.

But that probably can't be construed as pro-gay; the primitives would rather consider it Islamophobic.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 10:06:55 PM »
Whoa.  Whoa.  Whoa.

Wow.

Hey folks, you gotta go over right now and see this.  It'll shock your socks off.

Really.  I kid you not.

comment 3431:
https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=81827.3425

Really.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 10:11:14 PM »
So.....why is the old guy upset that a former employer of his has done so well?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
Whoa.  Whoa.  Whoa.

Wow.

Hey folks, you gotta go over right now and see this.  It'll shock your socks off.

Really.  I kid you not.

comment 3431:
https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=81827.3425

Really.
Hypocrites.  Typical.

Great find & research, Frank!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 10:20:39 PM »
Hypocrites.  Typical.

Great find & research, Frank!

Thanks, sir, but I'm just the one who opened the book.

Someone else actually read it.  So please "high-five" that person.  Thanks!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 02:15:32 AM »
This DUmmy is even more pathetic:

ashling (24,582 posts)

Don't know what I'm going to do - or when I'm going to do it

Since I have been back around I have been asked to put up some cat and other pictures that were a hit before. Unfortunately I have been slow to do so on account of

1. Some of the sources I used are no longer readily available. My computer is slow, but that is complicated by the fact that my internet is even slower.

2. My wife and I have had our hands full lately

Melodie has been desirous of moving out of the country due to the backwardness of many of the "natives." I have resisted due to the fact that a) I am stubborn and b) affinity for my "heritage" c) Patriotism, and d) I am stubborn.

b and c above are closely related - I grew up in Texas, but not the Texas that most of you think you know. My gret grandfather homesteaded in Erath County, Texas in 1870. He was a Texas Populist.
I grew up hearing stories about how the farmers of Texas kept the members of the Union fed during the great railroad strike of that era.

I also learned about the convention of Texas Farmers Alliance, Texas Populists and union organizaers in Cleburne. At that meeting James Farmer told the assembledge that if the listened to the "moneyed class," the manufacturers and businessmen, they would end up with only 3 rights: The right to work, the right to starve, and the right to die. I learned about the Cleburne Demands issued at that meeting. Not the Cleburne Requests, not the Cleburne"if you wills", but the Cleburne ******* Demands. They demanded government regulation or ownership railroads, telegraphs, and banking.

That is what I mean by "heritage." I was proud of that Texas heritage and still am. I am proud of the mayor of Austin who stood up to Trump over this muslim thing.

I have always been a patriot and had pride in my country, despite some of the despicable ways she has behaved. I felt that it was my duty to remain and fight for it.

And now, Trump. I just can't.

We thought about Canada, but we just don't think our old bones can take the cold anymore.
And our health has gone downhill lately. I have had 10 surgeries in the past 6 years - 2 on my kneck to relieve spinal chord issues. We have been spending quality time recently with Neurologists, MRIs, et al. Wednesday we met with the the Neurosurgeon who did my last surgery. He spent time going over our MRIs with us. We both need surgery on our knecks and Mel may need back surgery.

So we have been looking at Mexico and Costa Rica. We were thinking that we might be able to swing it at the end of this school semester ... and now the surgeries. I don't know how we are going to be able to pay our portion. We were already looking at bankruptcy, but now we certainly need to recover from this first.

Well, I am going on too long, On the bright side, I just made a big pot of vegetable soup. So there is that.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018918884

So this one thinks that foreign countries are just dying to get elderly immigrants that have significant health issues and are bankrupt.  And, frighteningly, it appears this individual is in some way attached to the school system and he cant spell "neck".

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 03:41:21 AM »
All of them yammering about leaving should just go ahead and do it! Pollute some other country with their smug venom, and depending on the country those traitors and cowards flee to, they might just get a real taste of what it's like when a country opens the floodgates to let in all the "Refugees" that want to come. It's not pretty.

" I fully expect to see all of the following to receive favorable decisions within the next 8 years
Strict voter photo ID
Immunity for cops who shoot first, ask questions later
National right to work
Gutting Roe v. Wade
Religious freedom decisions legalizing LGBT discrimination
Drug testing for assistance including food stamps"
Let's break these down:
1. In other words, ensure our voting policies are properly enforced, and deprive the Democrats of their beloved election strategy of sending busloads of illegal immigrants from one polling station to another to vote repeatedly. Getting a photo ID is incredibly easy and inexpensive, IF you're a legal American citizen. If you're not one, you shouldn't be voting. End of story.
2. Nobody has said anything about immunity. Investigate suspicious shootings, and if the shootings are revealed to have been justified (As many of the recent police shootings HAVE been, when people look past the shrieking BLM hype and see the actual circumstances behind them), they should be let off. If upon investigation, excessive force was used, have charges brought up against the officer. Ignore the mindless shrieking of the BLM scum who just focus on "AAAAAAAH! DEM CRACKER COPS SHOT A BLACK MAN! AAAAAAH! LET'S RIOT AND BURN DOWN STORES, THAT'LL MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!", and remember that we live in a country in which people, including "Evil" cops, are innocent until proven guilty.
3. How is right to work a bad thing? If a worker doesn't want to be in a union, they shouldn't have to be (Especially since union members are required to pay dues). My mother, a retired teacher, used to be in a teacher's union, but left it because she was sick of how overly political it had become. If this DUmmy had his way, she wouldn't have been able to do that.
4. First off, Roe v. Wade was a sham trial to begin with (The "Roe" in the case lied about having been raped to gain sympathy, and she has since repented of it, found Jesus, and is now an outspoken pro- life activist). Second, nobody is talking about outlawing abortion or anything.
5. All President Trump seems to want to do in that regard is roll back/ repeal the incredibly oppressive and unconstitutional policies enacted in the Obama Administration which would have forced religious employers and business owners to act against the teachings of their faith and basic dictates of their consciences. If a Christian employer is opposed to abortion due to his or her faith dictating that abortion is wrong, he or she shouldn't be forced by law to pay for their employees' abortions under their health insurance plans. If a Christian business owner believes that homosexual practice is wrong due to his or her faith's teaching on the subject, he or she shouldn't be forced by law to go against their beliefs by catering to gay weddings. This is especially since many of those recent controversies have been due to gays deliberately seeking out Christian businesses in that regard in order to then file expensive lawsuits against them. Then again, considering that the DUmmies don't care about the Constitutional rights of Christians, I'm not surprised this DUmmy is opposed to what Trump is doing.
6. How is drug testing for those programs a bad thing? Those kinds of programs weren't enacted so crackheads could buy dope with our tax dollars.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 04:09:50 AM »

Watch out for the muzzies.  I understand they are quite good wielding machetes on the infidels over there.

This is pretty much what I thought.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 05:56:18 AM »
Here's hoping they meet in France their Muslim comrades who are wearing bulky vests and/or weighty backpacks. And the last words they hear are "Allahu Akbar"..
I hope they engage them in a conversation about LGBT rights first, and get an opportunity to really experience first hand all of the things they ascribe to Trump and the Deplorables.
They can then plead for their lives by saying that they were standing up for Islam against the evil Trump just before being splattered about the countryside by the ROPieces.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 06:49:10 AM »
Jake Stern (703 posts)
3. ...
If that fails we've discussed taking advantage of the Dutch American Friendship Treaty...

DAFT???  Yeah, that sounds about right for the DUmpmonkeez.   :loser: :rotf:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 07:22:37 AM »

She's got an ageless, ethereal quality to her pulchritude, while the old guy's obviously lived the body-eroding decadent bacchanalian too-easy, too-soft, too-comfortable, too-secure sort of life for the past forty or so years.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »
That's quite something, what our PI uncovered. 

How can one misspell "neck"  twice?

Once again, the DUmmies are stuck in the 1960's and they refuse to come out.  They're imagining Canada welcoming them all with open arms, like during the Vietnam years.  It doesn't work that way anymore.  To begin with, you need $250,000 ready to invest, not looking at bankruptcy and endless medical bills.  Why won't they face reality on this?  And why doesn't the DUmmie with the "kneck" issues go to Mexico?  He's right there. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 08:52:51 AM »
Wow! Moving to, variously, Aix, France (Can you say, "French Riviera"? I knew you could.), Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Central America? Lots pf posh places! Who knew DU harbored such a nest of affluents? These folks (toss DFW into the mix) may not be, literally, 1%ers, but if they're talking seriously, they're 5%ers or 10%ers. Espousing Marxism-Populism publicly, while being affluent themselves ... I don't condemn (or envy, for that matter) their wealth, just their hypocrisy.

Setting that aside,

And good riddance!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.