Author Topic: Mr Moskwa tries to sooth and distract the primitives with shiny new toy.  (Read 12092 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Mr Moskwa tries to sooth and distract the primitives with shiny new toy.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »
Response by Auggie

How do I feel? Hopeful that enough electors might change their votes on Dec. 19th in favor of Hillary Clinton. Our founders gave us this constitutional power for a moment such as this. Support/sign petitions to do so and spread the word.

BELIEVEEE!!! 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »

Response by LionessPriyanka

I feel sick and saddened. We elected a racist xenophobic monster, not a Republican like Bloomberg or McCain or a generic Republican, who I may disagree with but am not frightened of. This is not even scratching the surface of the extreme homophobe Mike Pence. So I am not OK and not going to pretend to be either. I want people who voted for him out of my life. I would not have said that about Romney voters.

Try occupying yourself by cleaning your apartment.

Response by Auggie

How do I feel? Hopeful that enough electors might change their votes on Dec. 19th in favor of Hillary Clinton. Our founders gave us this constitutional power for a moment such as this. Support/sign petitions to do so and spread the word.
:rofl:

Response by liberalla

How am i feeling now that the election is over?

Disbelief, anxious, uncertain, upset, lost, bewildered and bereft... yes, bereft is a good word for what I feel. This second day after the election is worse than yesterday. It's hitting me harder today. I'm really missing the DU.

Like many, I can't believe trump was elected. Americans are far more racist, misogynistic, clueless and fearful than even I realized. I will be pissed and outraged later, but right now i'm still shocked and numb. The consequences are far reaching and mind boggling. I am mourning for the planet.

Does yellow make you sad?  :(

Response by R.Rhodes

I am deeply ashamed and appalled at the number of under educated people in this country. This mentality is dangerous. I mistakenly assumed that people were smarter than to vote for a person that is the very embodiment of evil. Anyone that paid a modicum of attention in junior high school would realize the similarities with how Hitler started his business. A shameful situation, indeed.

:hyper:

Response by mountain grammy

How do you think I feel? Depressed doesn't come close. Rage doesn't come close. I remember the assassinations of the Kennedy's and Dr. King and 9/11, and nothing compares to the despair I'm feeling now. 52% of white American women have sold us out because their ****ing insurance premiums went up, and white male voters? Don't get me started.

The worst thing of all has been no DU. Please get it fixed.

Just die please.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »
:rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Man! That was beautiful!!

OMG... is that person really an adult?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »
I am beside myself. HELP ME. What can we do. I need a direction for this, please point me.

Offline Gretchen

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 09:06:50 PM »
Yes he learned from pro. He's chicken to open DU. He knows if opens it I'll come over there and tell those leaches to "deal with it."
They think it's their right to leach off working people. I like hearing them cry. It's a whole lot better than hearing them snicker when their getting their way through lying cheating politicians.
It's fine with them when the witch demands millions to speak at a college while they are thousands in debt with school loans. They're so damn dumb they deserve to cry.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »
Making a purge list skins?

I sense a purge coming. I know it is going to happen. It could be the largest.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:41:38 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »
Response by anonymous

I feel great!  We lost, and they won.  Let's be clear here, we are not out.  With Obama and Holder teaming up after he leaves office to tackle redistricting.   The Democrats in the senate need to take a page from the Republicans.  Obstruct, Obstruct, Obstruct.

Just how is that going to occur, (D)ipshit?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 10:33:54 PM »
 :loser: So Skinner tosses them a dusty, tarnished, battered, old toy and they're lapping it up. :loser:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:57:52 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »

Response by kentuck

I am wondering if there was a conspiracy to take down DU? Did someone really feel that threatened? I guess the big question is: Where does the Democratic Party go from here? They seemed to have lost the working people to Donald Trump and they cannot be a viable Party, imo, without the workers of America.

Trump and Putin conspired to hack the dogshit out of democratunderground in order to silence their opposition.  True fact! :tongue:

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 10:49:15 PM »
The esteemed DFW deigns to opine:

Response by DFW

I am not in a conciliatory mood. Period. This is the most insulting election result I have ever seen, and I was disgusted by Nixon in 1968, Reagan in 1980 and Bush in 2000 and 2004. Anger and an ugly self-righteousness took the day.

Trump's victory speech was surprisingly conciliatory. I do not believe him. His first potential cabinet picks confirm my worst fears. Believe me when I say this: To all the "I-Hate-Hillary" crowd who gave the Republicans all their talking points and ammunition during the primaries, doing half their general election work for them, to all who voted third party, or not at all, whether it made the difference in your state or not, I can only say this: If someone poisons your drinking water due to unregulated environmentally damaging activity, I will not weep for you when the government refuses to help. If you find you have no legal remedy if you are harassed, robbed or injured (or worse) by illegal police activity, I will not weep for you when the government refuses to help. If you find that Supreme Court decisions affect your life negatively, whether it's gay rights, women's rights, voting rights, civil rights or any other constitutional rights being curtailed, I will not weep for you. If you find yourself out of work with no health insurance, and no prospect of getting any, and you become ill, I will not weep for you. If you find that the Federal government seems like it wants to impose a religion on you unconstitutionally, I will not weep for you. If you find that corruption is sprouting up all over the place in our government, and the agencies supposed to fight it are instead part of it, I will not weep for you.

In short, you helped put Donald Trump into the Oval Office and made Mike Pence the evil voice whispering in his ear for the next four years. You helped keep a moderate progressive OUT of the Oval Office, one who had the know-how to do the job and would have put liberal judges on the Supreme Court. Nice going.

Don't come asking me if I can spare any change. I can't. Don't come crying on my shoulder when you start to have regrets. You might find it a little colder than you expected.

He's one pissed off pajama boy.

Offline Gretchen

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 12:54:10 AM »

Hey kentuck, Skinner took it down himself. He was too embarrassed to face the facts.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 04:36:27 AM »
Marc knows Europe is going hard right as well.
Guess what mook,your grifting off the government days are over.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 04:38:10 AM »
Marc knows Europe is going hard right as well.
Guess what mook,your grifting off the government days are over.

Oh.  So Attila Marc the Hun, the DFW primitive, is "insulted."

A big ****ing whoop-de-doo.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »

Response by Canadianbeaver

This may be an old sign on, as I set this one up way back in 2004 I believe but forgot my password and haven’t signed on but visit every day. So sorry to see the site down, I actually was saying to co worker that “My site” I visit was just hacked. God Emperor yeah right.

As a Canadian, I feel sick to my stomach that this is who the US has chosen to guide them as President for the coming years. A man so morally corrupt and disgusting, that threatens my US families progressive views. How so many can blindly follow this person is beyond belief and comprehension. How can you unite a nation when your leader openly spouts hate and divisive rhetoric. The right is rushing out showing their unwillingness to come together and are already being seen as the true bigots and racists they are. It’s like they think electing Trump gave them a “Free Pass” to be some of the most unkind beings on the planet.

I cried for the women, the disabled, the minorities and the world. Its time to get real and make sure this never happens again. I have family who are US citizens and they are flabbergasted. Many want change, but Bernie was shut out. He really was starting a progressive revolution. You cannot stay still, you have to change with the times, not revert back to days old thoughts and views that just don’t make it in today’s world.

Good Luck in the coming days, months and years.

Yeah,those pro Trump riots are getting out of hand.

Response by AggieSal

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voting public! I think we forgot that.

What the left always thinks of people.

Response by anonymous

This is one of the extremely rare times in my life where I feel Valium ought to be sold over the counter.

Yesterday I felt shocked and dazed. Today I vacillate between fear and denial. I think we are in for a country wide epidemic of PETD, (Post Election Traumatic D/O).

Not just me, everyone in town today looked the same: hushed, depressed, avoiding eye contact, not a smile to be seen in an otherwise cheerful Southern town.

(PS, Skinner et al......also having DU withdrawal, as you might expect)

Grow up jack wagon.

Response by LW1977

My right to marry a same-sex partner will be banished once I find a significant other. Which is hard to do when I'm stuck in a small town, single, with a bad eye condition (can't drive), and suffering from aspergers. My visits to to my psychatrist will cost me my limbs because turtleman plans on getting rid of Obamacare ASAP.

I fear the worst.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Response by Liberal N Proud

Ever lost a loved one? Ever lost a job? Yeah, as invested as I was in this election, it feels that bad.

Twice in one month, I lost my job, now this.

Knowing what is ahead, recession and wars and hate will rule  the day. I am wondering if I will ever work again.

I really need my DU family right now.  Really need all of you.

Like that is a surprise.

Response by Hamsterjill

How am I feeling after the election?

Bitter, angry, let-down, and frightened.  Several Trump supporters have sought to sooth my tears by saying "aw, nothing's really going to change".  Absolute bullshit!  Absolute freaking idiots for being conned by a maniac.  My anger isn't going to go away for a long time, I'm afraid.  What in the absolute hell were these idiots thinking?  Are they just stupid?  Or do they really just not give a shit about anyone but themselves?  The answer to THAT question is BOTH!

DU, hurry up and come back to us.  I need to be around fellow Dems!!!!

Love to you all!  Missing you terribly!

Spoiled little child.

Response by OldHippieChick

Right now I am confined to my house recovering from a hospital stay.  I do not have DU and cannot force myself to watch t.v.  I am verklempt.  I need something - someone to bring me out my funk and I miss DU so much.  I am scared for my children and their children.  I am worried about the Supreme Court, the Middle East and the Keystone Pipeline.  I have seen the Republican agenda online and wish I could stand the cold well enough to move to Canada.

Buy a box of razor blades.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2016, 05:39:25 AM »
Response by LW1977

My right to marry a same-sex partner will be banished once I find a significant other. Which is hard to do when I'm stuck in a small town, single, with a bad eye condition (can't drive), and suffering from aspergers. My visits to to my psychatrist will cost me my limbs because turtleman plans on getting rid of Obamacare ASAP.

I fear the worst.

Ah...

So, you're one of those who is unable to have a life of its own without relying on others.

The only words out of your mouth should be "Thank" and "you" and in that order.

Response by DFW

I am not in a conciliatory mood. Period. This is the most insulting election result I have ever seen, and I was disgusted by Nixon in 1968, Reagan in 1980 and Bush in 2000 and 2004. Anger and an ugly self-righteousness took the day.

Trump's victory speech was surprisingly conciliatory. I do not believe him. His first potential cabinet picks confirm my worst fears. Believe me when I say this: To all the "I-Hate-Hillary" crowd who gave the Republicans all their talking points and ammunition during the primaries, doing half their general election work for them, to all who voted third party, or not at all, whether it made the difference in your state or not, I can only say this: If someone poisons your drinking water due to unregulated environmentally damaging activity, I will not weep for you when the government refuses to help. If you find you have no legal remedy if you are harassed, robbed or injured (or worse) by illegal police activity, I will not weep for you when the government refuses to help. If you find that Supreme Court decisions affect your life negatively, whether it's gay rights, women's rights, voting rights, civil rights or any other constitutional rights being curtailed, I will not weep for you. If you find yourself out of work with no health insurance, and no prospect of getting any, and you become ill, I will not weep for you. If you find that the Federal government seems like it wants to impose a religion on you unconstitutionally, I will not weep for you. If you find that corruption is sprouting up all over the place in our government, and the agencies supposed to fight it are instead part of it, I will not weep for you.

In short, you helped put Donald Trump into the Oval Office and made Mike Pence the evil voice whispering in his ear for the next four years. You helped keep a moderate progressive OUT of the Oval Office, one who had the know-how to do the job and would have put liberal judges on the Supreme Court. Nice going.

Don't come asking me if I can spare any change. I can't. Don't come crying on my shoulder when you start to have regrets. You might find it a little colder than you expected.

Go ahead. Double down on the arrogance and vilification that cost you the election.

Response by cynatnite

Still mourning, but with greater purpose.

I drove to Illinois to watch the election returns with a close friend who is terminally ill. We watched in shock as the nightmare came true. It was with a heavy heart I had to leave and go home.

There has been a lot of crying and anger. Today, I am strengthened and determined. While I know that opposing this racist and misogynist who will soon dirty the White House and dismantle Obama's legacy, I also know that the work to fight for what's right is just starting.

Dismantling Obamacare will do away with the birth control mandate. The next step will be take down Roe V Wade. Women's rights and their health care choices will be decimated. I've pledged to myself that I will fight for women and our rights even if it means going to jail. I will not stand by and watch the clock rolled back to back alley abortions, unable to access birth control and more. Whatever it takes.

Skinner, Elad... We need DU more than ever now and hopefully, we won't be long in waiting so all of us can get motivated and active in fighting for the rights of all of us.

On a side note, how do we blow up the electoral college?

Can anybody find any hint anywhere of Trump saying he would illegalize birth control?

Response by Catbird

The cat beside me awakes and would like to be fed. She is unaware that her humans just had an election. For her, and the overwhelming majority of sentient beings on earth, human elections are nonexistent and almost irrelevant. So let us wish for the happiness of all sentient beings and remember life goes on. She is now enjoying her meal.

WTF?

Cats and other animals are sentient beings...

...but they're also unaware of the world around them and abstractions.

This is what they consider to be superior thinking that makes them better than us.

Response by spankme

I don't have it in me to brace for the worst.

I mean I feel so distraught at the total outcome of the election (POTUS, Congress, Supreme Court) that I am emotionally unable to process the dark times that are coming. With all 3 branches of the Federal government in Republican hands there is nothing to stop them from making structural modifications to the institutions and processes of government to keep them in power more or less permanently. It'll be hard to fight.

This is essentially what they're doing at the state level, both in terms of how their states are run and how they send representatives to the House. Republicans have engineered their wins rather than winning an honest vote based on the issues.

I was so sad on election night as the toss-up states kept going to Trump that I was nearly out-of-body. I almost wept. I did not sleep Tuesday night. I just kept thinking about how ****ed up everything is. I was truly having little panic attacks throughout the night.

Republicans are claiming a "mandate" and they're now going on a mission of destruction. We have to fight the "mandate" narrative. Hillary won the popular vote and Republicans lost seats in both the Senate and the House. We can't let them forget these inconvenient facts.

Response by ThoughtCriminal

I posted this a couple of days prior to the "Election". It means even more now.

“There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.”

― Book of G'Quan (Babylon 5)

When times are tough retreat to science fiction (or comedians).

Hell, it's not even good sci-fi.

First, it half-ass quotes the bible in order to undercut the bible for being foolish enough to promulgate the idea there might be powers and principalities. But then it anthropomorphizes chaos and despair and places hope over human life.

If everyone is dead who has hope? Who feels it? Who realizes the promise?

There's a word for offering hope when there is no opportunity to achieve it. It's called cruelty.

Response by anonymous

I feel great!  We lost, and they won.  Let's be clear here, we are not out.  With Obama and Holder teaming up after he leaves office to tackle redistricting.   The Democrats in the senate need to take a page from the Republicans.  Obstruct, Obstruct, Obstruct.

Redistricting requires the state legislatures.

Oh well. At least you'll be able to cry to the Civil Rights division of the DOJ...

right?

Response by Solly Mack

America...What Have You Done?

You have chosen to be a threat to the world - which should never be confused with being strong.

Being a bully doesn't come from a position of strength. It comes from a place of fear. You have shown the world that you are afraid. There's nothing great about a nation of people who react from fear. There's nothing great about a nation that takes pride in ignorance. There's nothing great about a nation that embraces hate. There's nothing great about a nation that prefers self-serving feel-good blustering over substance and actual know how.

America, you have chosen to wrap yourself up in the false comfort of authoritarianism. You have chosen dictates and edicts over liberty, freedom, justice and equality. You have chosen to be a cautionary tale for future generations who will ask, "How did this happen?" You have chosen, and in that choosing, have shown the world just how broken you are.

I wrote that on the night of the election. I still agree with it. I know there are other aspects to why someone so unqualified to hold any political office was elected, but the bottom line question at the end of the day was, "What kind of country do you want?"

A country that would have, at the very least, allowed room for dialogue for necessary change and continued gains in social justice and equality.

or

A country that chooses fear, regression, and anger - that embraces hate and intolerance - as the cornerstone of how it governs.

I'm not really surprised by the choice. My opinion of many of my fellow Americans has been less than positive since the acceptance of torture as either a good thing or something that happened and can't be helped. Trump is really just an extension of that mindset. That fear-based mindset has been the driving force behind the Republican Party for decades and fear also took the place of justice.

Fear - the root of it all - and all the things that stem from being afraid: Hate, anger, intolerance, and the need to control and scapegoat the other.

America chose to be afraid...

but I don't.

Calling us bigots, forcing us to buy your birth control, forcing degenerates into our daughter's bathrooms, shouting us down at every turn, forcing us to cater your weddings...

...this is what you call "liberty, freedom, justice and equality."

**** off.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2016, 07:18:11 AM »
To all the "I-Hate-Hillary" crowd who gave the Republicans all their talking points and ammunition during the primaries ...

I doubt Trump or the Rs needed or used as "talking points and ammunition" anything the Berniebots said or did during the primaries. Hillary's policies, actions, and demonstrated character gave the Rs more "talking points and ammunition" than they knew how to handle! As for D Never-Hillarys, Wikileaks revelations of Hillary-DNC collusion and rigging proved them more than justified.

I've said it before, but I'm not a Trump fan. I have minimal expectations of him. Which probably means more room for pleasant surprises than unpleasant (where I'm concerned). But The SHREW-CHILL was the biggest, "Oh HELL NO!!!" I'm capable of imagining within the US political system in its present state. I cannot think of a worse, more loathsome, candidate in the D Party than The SHREW-CHILL.

That said, I think Trump would have beaten The Bern as badly as The SHREW-CHILL, or worse.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2016, 07:46:47 AM »
rivegauche

So yesterday, I had to leave work around noon because I could not stop sobbing at my desk. I spent yesterday and last night pacing my house and literally screaming in rage. Total unbridled hysteria. I shed more tears than I ever have in my life. I drank 2 bottles of wine. I spent some time surfing erratically on the net on emigrating to Canada, Ireland and France. I took sleeping pills to finally try to get rest and they didn’t work. Several times I thought I was having a heart attack, which was frightening.

Today, my eyes are dry. I am angry. So ****ing angry. Angrier than I’ve been in my life, with a cold burning hatred that will never be quenched until that orange piece of dogshit is dead or in prison. And I’m especially furious that DU was taken down by scumbags. **** YOU, HACKING TROLLS.

I am beside myself. HELP ME. What can we do. I need a direction for this, please point me.

THAT'S the DU we know and love!  That's a classic, should be kept for posterity. 

You should have taken more sleeping pills, on top of those two bottles of wine, DUmmie.  You sound utterly useless, and will probably lose that job you left at noon. 

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2016, 08:05:52 AM »
rivegauche

So yesterday, I had to leave work around noon because I could not stop sobbing at my desk. I spent yesterday and last night pacing my house and literally screaming in rage. Total unbridled hysteria. I shed more tears than I ever have in my life. I drank 2 bottles of wine. I spent some time surfing erratically on the net on emigrating to Canada, Ireland and France. I took sleeping pills to finally try to get rest and they didn’t work. Several times I thought I was having a heart attack, which was frightening.

Today, my eyes are dry. I am angry. So ****ing angry. Angrier than I’ve been in my life, with a cold burning hatred that will never be quenched until that orange piece of dogshit is dead or in prison. And I’m especially furious that DU was taken down by scumbags. **** YOU, HACKING TROLLS.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Man! That was beautiful!!

It brought tears to my eyes as well from laughing so hard.  :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Karin

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »
SO my husband does some work for the library system.  Most (but not all) of the people who work there are government drone hillbots.  He went in yesterday, someone asked him how he's doing.  He said, "man, life is great again!!"  All the girls were all aflutter and red-faced.   :lmao:   He really loves poking hives with sticks.  What a troll.   :-)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 08:42:49 AM »
SO my husband does some work for the library system.  Most (but not all) of the people who work there are government drone hillbots.  He went in yesterday, someone asked him how he's doing.  He said, "man, life is great again!!"  All the girls were all aflutter and red-faced.   :lmao:   He really loves poking hives with sticks.  What a troll.   :-)
Was there a line for the fainting couch?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2016, 09:00:50 AM »

Around here people are walking around, smiling and greeting each other with "Happy Trump Day!"
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 09:35:54 AM »
New batch is in.

Response by anonymous

Nasty gloating Deplorables! You're finally getting what you think you want, maybe. A rude awakening is what you'll receive.

"Deplorables" is so last administration.

Response by anonymous

The thing I take away most from this disaster is the part CNN and MSNBC played and the manner in which they bestowed legitimacy to Trump's Campaign...****ing Period.

I will however add this.. I've always considered Lawrence O'Donnell my go to guy when I needed the facts quickly from a news station. The day after the election he was on a panel and just ****ing let loose on Chris Mathews. He basically cut him off and told him that he was spewing bullshit.

Obviously, most of us aren't going near cable news for awhile; but I highly suggest if you want the absolute truth with what is going on in our country, right Now... give O'Donnell a try. He usually comes on directly after Rachel. IMO he is the only bright spot in our dark hole right now.

:sad1: :lalala:

Response by Amaril

The night of, I was beyond horrified/terrified/disgusted. I alternated between crying hysterically and stringing together every curse word I know into one long scream that emanated from my very soul.

Yesterday was awful. I am the lone Democrat in an office of Republicans. I considered calling in sick, but then pulled myself up by my bedraggled boot straps and went. Only notable encounter was a lovely, younger woman who kept wanting to talk about it – not to rub it in my face or with any other malicious intent, but because it was an elephant in the room for her & she didn’t know what to do about it. I didn’t want to talk – actually snapped at her the third time she approached me – but I pulled my ass off my shoulders long enough to thank her for her attempts to console me, asked that she give me a few days to finish processing & then we would discuss.

Last night I was pissed off – at “friends” who were posting “sore loser” diatribes on FaceBook, at the Trump Trolls – people I don’t even know – who keep sending me private message requests filled with insults & taunts via FaceBook……I kinda blew a little & posted my own FB diatribe declaring my refusal to be shamed, mocked or bullied into silence.

Today, I feel better. I still can’t believe that a bloviating racist/sexist/xenophobe/homophobe/bigot will be sitting in the White House – I’m kinda waffling between horrified, appalled and pissed the **** off – but I feel a new sense of purpose starting to dawn. We are going to have to fight like Hell to keep this country from sinking into the abyss, and the fire to do so it beginning to burn in my belly.

Look up the definition of irony.

Response by AirmensMom

Totally demoralized. Sad, disgusted, scared, and completely ashamed of our country. I’m disappointed in white women. I am one, but I voted for Hillary and assumed we all would after the Access Hollywood video came out. Stupid of me, I know, because I live in a deeply red, hateful but “Christian” state. They don’t care about anything except denying rights to women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community.

I wish DU would become a secret site that is available by invitation only so it could be safe from the trolls, at least for the next 4 years. Please, please, please?????

Know your place woman!

Response by anonymous

Depressed..... And ANGRY.

I still can barely eat. The hate that is already rolling out wrenches my gut. But I am angry. And I do not intend to go quietly in to the night. I will donate and volunteer to fight this scumbag. I will coordinate and look for connections and ideas on DU. In short, this is not the end. This is just another battle in the never-ending war for liberty and justice.

Response by Vinca

I’ve been going through the 5 stages of grief rather rapidly. I’m mired at #4, depression, and don’t foresee making it to “acceptance.” I can never accept Trump as POTUS. The whole thing has been scary and surreal; I don’t understand how it happened. I can’t imagine seeing the dreaded surrogates every day for the next 4 years. I can’t imagine “Obamacare” being repealed and people dying – again – for lack of access to medical care. This doesn’t feel like my country anymore and I’m ashamed of what we’ve let happen. I hope DU is back up and running soon. We need group therapy.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Response by MrScorpio

Whether we like it or not, Democratic Underground is truly underground again. It’s time to get to work.

bravenak is not impressed with your dedication Lamond.

There are dozens more.  :hyper:

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »
Response by anonymous

Nasty gloating Deplorables! You're finally getting what you think you want, maybe. A rude awakening is what you'll receive.

Is that a threat?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »
These ****ers still don't get it, the pompous ignorant asses.

They've got only themselves to blame.

This reminds me of the late 1970s, early 1980s, when the so-called "religious right," a bogeyman of the Democrats, liberals, and primitives, suddenly popped into the national consciousness.

They created the "religious right during the Carter administration, when they repeatedly told certain groups of people--religious southerners, the working classes, traditionals, the socially conservative--that they didn't count.

The best way of making an enemy of a man is by telling him he doesn't count.

And so the Democrats, liberals, and primitives of 30+ years ago created their own miseries.

Now, we've had something similar these past eight years, when decent and civilized people have been told, repeatedly, by the Democrats, liberals, and primitives, that we don't count.

Well.....
apres moi, le deluge