Author Topic: Mr Moskwa tries to sooth and distract the primitives with shiny new toy.  (Read 12094 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
UPDATE 11/10/2016 12:00PM ET

Democratic Underground is still down, but we're not out! While Elad works on the site's back-end, we've decided to go old-school.

When DU first launched 16 years ago, the Web was a much plainer, simpler experience. Way back in the day we used to accept article submissions from DU members via email, which we would then publish manually on our HTML homepage over our 56K modem connection (yes, we're old).

So given that our super-duper up-to-date modern technology is letting us down in this time of need, we're going to to things the old-fashioned way. We'll post a question of the day, and then you email us your answer. We'll publish the best ones right here on our 503 error page while we're working to get the rest of the site back up. You don't have to write a book, or even a long essay -- just give us your thoughts.

Here's Thursday's Question Of The Day:

How are you feeling now that the election is over?

Send your answer to mail@democraticunderground.com. Make the subject of your email "Question of the Day". Please make sure to include your DU username in the email so that we can publish it when we publish your response.

When we publish new answers, we'll post an update on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We look forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for your patience while we work to restore normal service!

Making a purge list skins?

Offline tuolumnejim

Yeah I was just going to bring that over. As to the delay my best guess is either the Skin's flight was delayed or some of the money transfers are delayed, either way that trip to a Country with no Judicial reciprocity has to be looking good to him right now.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Good gawd I'd love to see all of those email responses.  :rotf:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
How DU of them. They get to ask the questions, and they get to decide what answers the public gets to see.

It seems that Skinner has learned a lot from the campaign of the former democrat candidate  and the arrogant leftist media.

And yet he has learned nothing, just like the other (D)Ummies.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DLR Pyro

While Elad works on the site's back-end,

that just sounds dirty
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline JakeStyle

There are several emails posted at the site now, what a bunch of sad sacks!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
While Elad works on the site's back-end

that just sounds dirty

It's where he's most comfortable
Deplorable since 2016

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Okay, Skins is posting them, the tales of primitive woe.

Response by hlthe2b

Defiance over Despair, Determination over Depression.

In a perverse way, the illegal infiltration of democraticunderground.com-- by those who wish only destruction and the silencing of liberal political view--stands in parallel to what has happened to our country in this election. Similarly, the elements behind both will ultimately fail.  We will neither accept, nor embrace the darkness.

Response by Mainer

How'm I feeling? Scared. Alone. Plus DU's still down and its Facebook page is now filled with posts by rightwing trolls "celebrating liberal tears" and stirring up paranoia that Skinner is a scam artist, etc. So I'm glad you're at least giving us updates. It feels like we're being attacked from all sides -- by the alt-right, Russia, wikileaks, everyone who's ever hated liberals. Attacks are also coming at me personally (and at my rather well-known entertainment acquaintances) on Twitter.

I don't get the rage from my pro-Bernie compatriots. I was gung-ho for Bernie too, but there came a time to unite against the bigger enemy, and it seems they couldn't see the bigger picture. Which just makes me depressed.

Response by Madamesilverspurs

We have good reason to be appalled by the outcome of this election.  Yet, following the gasp of horrified disbelief came the realization that WE will be fine.  “Yes WE Can” still abides, because WE, you and I, are the same good people we were before this nightmare.  You and I are not the ones who elected a fascist bully.  So, yes, we will get through this sickening grief.  Regardless of anything he says or does, we are not diminished, we will never be the kind of people who did this thing.  And that matters, because now more than ever this country is going to need us.

Hang on to your pants; more to come, but I needed to let others know I'm on top of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
How are you feeling now that the election is over?
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/503.php?com=forum&id=1002

Response by hlthe2b

In a perverse way, the illegal infiltration of democraticunderground.com-- by those who wish only destruction and the silencing of liberal political view--stands in parallel to what has happened to our country in this election. Similarly, the elements behind both will ultimately fail.  We will neither accept, nor embrace the darkness.

Your soul is darkness.

Response by Mainer

How'm I feeling? Scared. Alone. Plus DU's still down and its Facebook page is now filled with posts by rightwing trolls "celebrating liberal tears" and stirring up paranoia that Skinner is a scam artist, etc. So I'm glad you're at least giving us updates. It feels like we're being attacked from all sides -- by the alt-right, Russia, wikileaks, everyone who's ever hated liberals. Attacks are also coming at me personally (and at my rather well-known entertainment acquaintances) on Twitter.

I don't get the rage from my pro-Bernie compatriots. I was gung-ho for Bernie too, but there came a time to unite against the bigger enemy, and it seems they couldn't see the bigger picture. Which just makes me depressed.

:lol:

Response by Madamesilverspurs

We have good reason to be appalled by the outcome of this election.  Yet, following the gasp of horrified disbelief came the realization that WE will be fine.  “Yes WE Can” still abides, because WE, you and I, are the same good people we were before this nightmare.  You and I are not the ones who elected a fascist bully.  So, yes, we will get through this sickening grief.  Regardless of anything he says or does, we are not diminished, we will never be the kind of people who did this thing.  And that matters, because now more than ever this country is going to need us.

No we don`t need you useless vermin.

Response by Peabody

I feel totally numb.  The Bush years were financially difficult for me and my family and to think we'll have to endure at least 4 years of Trump forces me to block out my feelings of dread, hunder down, and try and set myself up do the best I can in the coming environment.

Gimme weed!

Response by Dawnie51

I am not doing very well.  I am too old, I’ve seen too much.  This is physically bad for me, and mentally, way past that.  As Hillary said, this will take a long time to get better.  Something is very, very wrong with this country, and I probably won’t be around to see it rebound, if and when it does.  I’m afraid, for the first time in my adult life.  That’s how I feel post election.  The druid under the bridge is in the White House.  God help us.

Response by live love laugh

I remain calm after I talked a few people off the ledge yesterday. My reasoning is: it was stolen--again. I’ve been with DU since Bush stole office. I shared with my sister that it’s impossible for people like the POTUS and Hillary not to know about election theft not have done more to fix this problem which I see as the most pressing problem in our country. I have very little sympathy and I blame Hillary and our president for not doing more about this treasonous crime. My 80 year old mother woke up vowing to never vote again after seeing the results. The protest marches, the volatile markets—all conform to the reality and logic that Hillary was the winning candidate--there was nothing that put Trump ahead of Hillary to “win” the election. Furthermore, academically, it’s just not probable that repeated elections end with razor-thin margins—that every other person is a Trump supporter. It’s simply not true. I will vote and let my vote be stolen but I will not be sucked in by the manufactured drama that is Amerikka’s election process.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Response by Phylny

I am filled with sadness, hopelessness, despair, and hatred. I am really, really not proud of the hate. I'm ashamed of myself for it, actually, and feel like an idiot for being so hateful. I think I look like an idiot, too.

I'm also just now (haha) understanding and coming to grips with the fact that I don't have to worry about my country or the world anymore - Republicans are in charge, and I'll sit back for a little bit and watch them screw us all. I can't effect change right now, and those who voted for Trump can take over. I hope they get everything they wanted. Right now, I'm that bitter. Not a pretty picture.

If I'm lucky enough to have grandchildren, they'll live in the world we left behind in the 70's - air pollution that causes birth defects and crime (lead in the air) and that peels the paint off cars (acid rain) and global climate change that's going to destroy many people, places, and things.

I live in an area where there are very poor people - people who live on disability with SNAP and WIC for food and Medicaid for their kids. These are the people in my county who either didn't vote or voted for Trump. "Keep government out of our lives" people. I'm trying not to be vindictive in my thoughts and trying to get over the feeling that they got what they deserve. I am also not proud of that.

I am very worried about my two children who get healthcare thanks to the ACA. One will have to leave a job she loves. The other will hopefully get the job she just interviewed for, which has benefits. My sweet friend will die an unpleasant death - she will literally suffocate - without medicine that costs $200,000 per year.

Most of all, I really missed and needed the DU community and found myself fruitlessly clicking on my link to DU even though I knew the website was down. I've secluded myself for a little bit and am working on tamping down my anger and hurt.

You live on hatred

Response by steve2470

I am feeling profoundly shocked, saddened, disgusted, angry, and amazed that my fellow Americans would willingly elect Hitler-lite, a neo-Nazi in stealth, an out and out BIGOT.

Go beat off.

Response by 47of74

**** you Republicans.

:yawn:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Response by Peabody

I feel totally numb.  The Bush years were financially difficult for me and my family and to think we'll have to endure at least 4 years of Trump forces me to block out my feelings of dread, hunder down, and try and set myself up do the best I can in the coming environment.

Hmmm.  And the eight Obozo years weren't rough for you financially? 

Hard to believe.

Response by Dawnie51

I am not doing very well.  I am too old, I’ve seen too much.  This is physically bad for me, and mentally, way past that.  As Hillary said, this will take a long time to get better.  Something is very, very wrong with this country, and I probably won’t be around to see it rebound, if and when it does.  I’m afraid, for the first time in my adult life.  That’s how I feel post election.  The druid under the bridge is in the White House.  God help us.

You're right; something is very, very wrong with this country.

That's why we voted to change it.

Response by Mainstreetonce

I was shocked. I followed every electoral map site twenty times a day. I saw a blue wall. When it started to crumble, l couldn't believe it. Then PA started turning red. I fell asleep in my PA bed knowing what I would wake up to had touched home. It was almost like 9/11.

What helps a little now is knowing it would have been so ugly either way and Hillary has been spared that. It bothers me that Obama has to deal with this and I love him for his words of peace.

All DUers, we have to find our own peace.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: Mr Moskwa tries to sooth and distract the primitives with shiny new toy.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 06:03:15 PM »
Response by live love laugh

I remain calm after I talked a few people off the ledge yesterday. My reasoning is: it was stolen--again. I’ve been with DU since Bush stole office. I shared with my sister that it’s impossible for people like the POTUS and Hillary not to know about election theft not have done more to fix this problem which I see as the most pressing problem in our country. I have very little sympathy and I blame Hillary and our president for not doing more about this treasonous crime. My 80 year old mother woke up vowing to never vote again after seeing the results. The protest marches, the volatile markets—all conform to the reality and logic that Hillary was the winning candidate--there was nothing that put Trump ahead of Hillary to “win” the election. Furthermore, academically, it’s just not probable that repeated elections end with razor-thin margins—that every other person is a Trump supporter. It’s simply not true. I will vote and let my vote be stolen but I will not be sucked in by the manufactured drama that is Amerikka’s election process.

Response by kestrel91316

Well, I am feeling just a tiny bit better today after a decent night's rest and a large amount of dark chocolate. But I am terrified for my minority/LGBTQ/immigrant/progressive/fellow female friends and family. One of my best clients (going back over 15 years) is making contingency plans to move with her wife to Italy, where she was born, if they are faced with losing rights here. My many Muslim clients are terrified.

^^^the veterinarian in southern California

Response by anonymous

​Sick and absolutely FURIOUS.

Too bad.  Other people feel differently.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
Response by marybourg

​I woke the day after "the night", with the feeling that I now live in an ordinary country; something like France or Brazil. I somehow feel differently than I did when I lived in the "greatest country on Earth".

Response by Phylny

I am filled with sadness, hopelessness, despair, and hatred. I am really, really not proud of the hate. I'm ashamed of myself for it, actually, and feel like an idiot for being so hateful. I think I look like an idiot, too.

I'm also just now (haha) understanding and coming to grips with the fact that I don't have to worry about my country or the world anymore - Republicans are in charge, and I'll sit back for a little bit and watch them screw us all. I can't effect change right now, and those who voted for Trump can take over. I hope they get everything they wanted. Right now, I'm that bitter. Not a pretty picture.

If I'm lucky enough to have grandchildren, they'll live in the world we left behind in the 70's - air pollution that causes birth defects and crime (lead in the air) and that peels the paint off cars (acid rain) and global climate change that's going to destroy many people, places, and things.

I live in an area where there are very poor people - people who live on disability with SNAP and WIC for food and Medicaid for their kids. These are the people in my county who either didn't vote or voted for Trump. "Keep government out of our lives" people. I'm trying not to be vindictive in my thoughts and trying to get over the feeling that they got what they deserve. I am also not proud of that.

I am very worried about my two children who get healthcare thanks to the ACA. One will have to leave a job she loves. The other will hopefully get the job she just interviewed for, which has benefits. My sweet friend will die an unpleasant death - she will literally suffocate - without medicine that costs $200,000 per year.

Most of all, I really missed and needed the DU community and found myself fruitlessly clicking on my link to DU even though I knew the website was down. I've secluded myself for a little bit and am working on tamping down my anger and hurt.

Response by Scalded Nun

I am saddened by these results (lifted a little by small (yet insufficient) gains in Congress). Angry? A bit. Dismayed? A lot. Fearful for the future of this country.

I suppose what disturbs me the most in the outcome is not specifically Trump getting elected. It is not even Trump. As long as humans exist there will always be bullying, evil, damaged individuals. What disturbs me is that there were enough citizens in this country to successfully elect a person with all those characteristics. That provides a much clearer picture of our country, and that I find most disturbing of all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 06:08:20 PM »
Response by Csziggy

Trump will destroy everything that President Obama has achieved over the last eight years. Obama brought our country back from the economic disaster that GWB left us with and worked to help so many people with access to health insurance, fair wages for women and so much more.

I have trouble understanding how anyone, much less the numbers who voted for this psychotic demagogue, could believe his bullshit.

As Charles Blow said in his NYT column, we must resist. DU can now stop infighting and return to its roots - working against the insanity that represents the modern Republican party and working to get strong liberal Democratic candidates into office!

^^^the now heavy-set older middle-aged flower child bride.

Response by MurrayDelph

How am I feeling? Scared. Earlier this year, in Oregon, we lost our health insurance because Congress decided to unfund Co-Ops. The Oregon Health Co-Op was the only private insurance in the state that covered a procedure my wife and I both needed. Fortunately for us, we had the procedure before this occurred, but there were many in the program who were screwed. We went with the next-least-worst insurer for the rest of this year, but they announced that next year they were raising our rates from $1600/month for the two of us to $1949, AND would no longer be covering doctors not IN Oregon. We live along the Columbia River, so most of the specialists we see are in Washington. We were able to find an insurer that would cover us, but now it will be $2150/month. But with the new Congress, that may go away after the first month, and we'll be uninsurable once companies can deny pre-existing condtions again.

There are other reasons to be scared as well, but I don't want to hog the bandwidth.

Hang in there. We're all in this together.

Nope.  Not "all" of us are in this together.  **** you.

Response by Bpositive

Totally hacked and exhausted.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
My apologies Frank,we were both there at the same time.  :cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »
I thought I could keep up with Skins, but I can't.

There's miles of them, more and more being added every minute, at:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/503.php
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 06:11:04 PM »

I was hoping to bring the whole thing over here, but can't.

Too many, and more being rapidly added every minute.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »
Response by anonymous

With DU being down, how do you expect me to know how I feel?

BWAHHH!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »
Plus DU's still down and its Facebook page is now filled with posts by rightwing trolls "celebrating liberal tears" and stirring up paranoia that Skinner is a scam artist, etc.

That's awful!  Who would do such a thing?  :rofl:

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 06:46:50 PM »
Response by hlthe2b

I could not let this pass without comment, because it was authored by a sycophant of the party that supports the illegal infiltration of America with the goal of using it to silence the conservative viewpoint permanently.

What a hypocritical asshole this (D)Ummie is.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
I thought I could keep up with Skins, but I can't.

There's miles of them, more and more being added every minute, at:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/503.php

I want to see the ones skins isn't publishing.

CMD

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Response by Mainer

Well, to be fair, your Goddess-queen DID want to kill him with a drone strike.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 07:04:42 PM »

The world isn't conforming to their expectations, the poor babies.

I'd like to know what makes the primitives think the world is obligated to be the way they think it should be.  I think it's up to the primitives to adapt to the world, rather than the world adapt to the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 08:27:46 PM »
The world isn't conforming to their expectations, the poor babies.

I'd like to know what makes the primitives think the world is obligated to be the way they think it should be.  I think it's up to the primitives to adapt to the world, rather than the world adapt to the primitives.

They can't stand the fact that people who disagree with them vote too.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
Quote from:
rivegauche

So yesterday, I had to leave work around noon because I could not stop sobbing at my desk. I spent yesterday and last night pacing my house and literally screaming in rage. Total unbridled hysteria. I shed more tears than I ever have in my life. I drank 2 bottles of wine. I spent some time surfing erratically on the net on emigrating to Canada, Ireland and France. I took sleeping pills to finally try to get rest and they didn’t work. Several times I thought I was having a heart attack, which was frightening.

Today, my eyes are dry. I am angry. So ****ing angry. Angrier than I’ve been in my life, with a cold burning hatred that will never be quenched until that orange piece of dogshit is dead or in prison. And I’m especially furious that DU was taken down by scumbags. **** YOU, HACKING TROLLS.

I am beside myself. HELP ME. What can we do. I need a direction for this, please point me.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Man! That was beautiful!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 08:36:22 PM »
It'll be fun to pull up election predictions from DUmmyville.  I have a few bookmarked, so hopefully they can be recovered.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender