Author Topic: Mele Kalikimaka: Taxpayer's gift to Obama is $470,000 a day Hawaiian vacation  (Read 559 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

This is a summary of his Christmas Hawaiian vacation 2 years ago but you can only assume that this years getaway is as much if not more costly to the working class Americans who obama says he supports and understands.
The first family's Christmas vacation to Hawaii two years ago cost over $8 million, giving an indication of the price of their current 17-day winter break, according to federal documents provided to the taxpayer watchdog group Judicial Watch.

Added up, their seven vacations to the island could total over $50 million, and he still has one more likely as president at the end of next year.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/foia-obama-hawaii-vacation-cost-nearly-500000-a-day-56-million-as-president/article/2579245

This news comes shortly after the USAF announced it will not longer offer a 3 volley salute at Military funerals for USAF veterans due to budget limitations

The three-volley salute is an honor believed to be earned by everyone who has served our country, but it’s no longer available to members of one branch of the military.

The U.S. Air Force says it can no longer provide the salute for funeral services.

A family contacted Action Line after they were told they cannot have the full honor guard service for a loved who served in the Air Force for more than 30 years.

When someone who served in the military is laid to rest, he or she is entitled to have a ceremony that includes the folding of the U.S. flag that is then handed to a family member and the traditional and solemn tune of Taps. Oftentimes there is a three-volley salute if requested by family members.

But those who served in the Air Force aren’t being offered the three-volley salute.

“To me, without the 21-gun salute, it just does not make it complete a proper military burial and I think because of sequestration or the lack of funds or whatever excuse they’re giving, that they had to hit the veterans,” said veteran Wayne Wakeman.

Wakeman served in the Air Force and Air National Guard for more than 36 years, and he’s shocked that this is happening.

“Once a veteran passes away, it’s for the family. It shows respect for the veteran to pass it on to the family,” he said. “My family suffered through a lot of the times I was away, when I was deployed, when I was somewhere else. They lived through it so to me, I think they’re the ones that earn it.”

A spokesman for the Air Force says it’s because of the lack of funding and personnel and it’s being done across the country. A memo was sent out to all the funeral homes saying the honor guard will reduce retiree and veteran funeral details from a seven-person detail to a three-person detail.
http://khon2.com/2015/12/14/three-volley-salute-eliminated-from-air-force-funerals-due-to-lack-of-funding-personnel/

Worst. President. Ever.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Happy Fun Ball

I can never hear that song without also thinking about that scene in Christmas Vacation.

Offline Fourwinds

Meanwhile our President romps around Hawaii. Screw it, I'll help pay for the damn blanks if they'll fire them