Author Topic: Army keeps Caleb Campbell (Doyle goes full moonbat)  (Read 2936 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Army keeps Caleb Campbell (Doyle goes full moonbat)
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »
Liars, damned liars: Army brass' end-around on Campbell is obscene  ( :bird: you Gregg )
http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10907699

I'm shaking, I'm so mad. Literally my heart is pounding in my chest, and now my fingers are pounding on my keyboard, and I'm telling my bosses that even though I'm not scheduled to write anything else today, I have to write this, because if I don't write this I would betray myself.

Just as the United States has betrayed Caleb Campbell.

Caleb Campbell doesn't get a chance to play for the Lions. That's not up for debate. Our country's leadership didn't just change its mind on Campbell. Our country screwed him. Completely, totally, unjustifiably screwed him. It's possible our country has killed Caleb Campbell. Lord knows I don't want that -- nobody wants that -- but if Campbell should die in Iraq or Afghanistan, as more than 4,100 U.S. soldiers have since 2003, this would be murder.

...snip...

Our government is a mess. Everyone knows that, even those of you who would vote for Bush if he were able to run for a third term. Our economy is in shambles, our international reputation is mud, but along comes a story like Caleb Campbell's from the 2008 NFL Draft, and our Army, our country, shows its humanity by allowing him to pursue the kind of dream that is beyond almost everybody's grasp. It was unexpected and refreshing, a cool rain on a summer day, but now the Army, and our government, has blown away the rain cloud.

Now our country is just urinating on Caleb Campbell.

And they're urinating on you. And me. And that's why I'm so angry. If our Army, our government, our country can turn its back on a promise made to one of its own, what might it do to you or to me? My father served in Vietnam, but I never volunteered to serve in the army, and if either of my sons tries to do it, I'll kidnap the little sucker and drive him to Canada in the trunk of my car. Die for these people? You must be kidding.

What a farking tool. Gregg Doyel can go and **** himself the little turd.

Mike Freeman gets it.  :cheersmate:
http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10907769

As for Doyel, I will not read another sports column (or any other) by that birdbrain again!

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Army keeps Caleb Campbell (Doyle goes full moonbat)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »
My father served in Vietnam, but I never volunteered to serve in the army, and if either of my sons tries to do it, I'll kidnap the little sucker and drive him to Canada in the trunk of my car. Die for these people? You must be kidding.

Yeah, run like the little chickenshit you are, punk. Why, oh why, can't I just go around kicking the dogshit out of people like Gregg Doyel?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:35:37 AM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:35:51 AM »
Such language in this thread.....  :innocent: Rearden, I didn't know you were so hard core.  :uhsure: You too Odin. :-)

My two favorite naughty boys in this thread.... all to myself *preeeeeeens*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:37:26 AM by Schadenfreude »
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SemiSpook

• Contractor Puke
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There a
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:48:39 AM »
Mike Freeman's column makes a much more valid point, and something I've fallen back on ever since news of Campbell's call-up hit:

You didn't hear a peep from Mitch Harris, either. Harris was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals but must fulfill a five-year commitment to the military. David Robinson never complained upon graduating from the Naval Academy and serving two years of active duty before the military allowed him to leave early for the NBA.

I worked with a USNA grad at my first job (several, actually, but this one was a year ahead of "the Admiral"), and he said that there was a valid reason why Robinson only served two years on AD: the summer of 1983, David Robinson grew out of "spec". In this case, he was too tall to fit in any aircraft, ship or submarine. If I were part of the powers that be, I don't think I'd subject someone like that to fulfilling his minimum commitment for obvious reasons, but it just so happened that Robinson was on the basketball team, and there was the NBA career waiting for him. Robinson knew what he was getting into, and made sure to make the best of his situation. And, quite frankly, he was one of the last of the real NBA players I truly respected for this exact reason.

This is what happens when you get the appointment to the USAFA, USMA, USNA, USCGA or any of the other MILITARY schools and sign on the dotted line on I-day. You commit to the military your time and talents, because they took the time to pay you for four years of their resources to give you an education AND a commission along the way.

2LT Campbell will return to play football. I'd join the Detroit faithful in running Matt Millen out of town on a rail if he didn't honor the contract upon Campbell's return.
I would beg to differ with the notion that the current administration is *NOT* the most transparent in history. It certainly is...because you can see right through them.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 12:33:19 AM »
Such language in this thread.....  :innocent: Rearden, I didn't know you were so hard core.  :uhsure: You too Odin. :-)

Pssh, you know all about me, babe. Love you too.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

You "preeeeeeeens", I swoooooons".  :-)

I'm not so hard core but I do have my buttons. Saying "communism is good, in theory", mentioning Elian Gonzalez or farking sports writers bringing crap politics into the hallowed ground of football can set me off. When the above three occur, I sometimes see red and have murder in my heart.  :evillaugh: Otherwise, I deal with the rest of the slime in the world with rolled eye's, sarcasm and mockery.

:-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »
It doesn't appear that Caleb Campbell is upset so why are the DUmmies? Oh yeah, BDS.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
To cash in on that unexpected lottery ticket -- when he entered the Army in 2004, that guideline didn't exist -- Campbell had to be drafted by an NFL team or otherwise have a legitimate shot at playing in the NFL. He accomplished that by being picked in the seventh round by the Lions.

That one phrase moots the entire article.  He volunteered and LATER a new rule cam about that MIGHT let him play in the NFL.

Standard moonbat rant -- this guy is a total idiot.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »
H5 to RS for his statement--"You preeeeens, I swooooons."  Ditto here, Schade!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »
The sports forum is where all the menz hang out! Why oh why didn't I figure this out long ago?   :naughty:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 11:44:28 PM »
H5 to RS for his statement--"You preeeeens, I swooooons."  Ditto here, Schade!

And I do, H5ers to you too, true blue... fark, I'm drunk.  :thatsright:

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »
The sports forum is where all the menz hang out! Why oh why didn't I figure this out long ago?   :naughty:

It was just a matter of time.  :cheersmate: Apparently lots and lots and lots of time.   :tongue:  (H5)

- Ayn Rand

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 07:50:25 AM »
I guess Doyel doesn't remember Roger Staubach.  Where's his outrage for that?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
I guess Doyel doesn't remember Roger Staubach.  Where's his outrage for that?

No BDS back then.

Man I had no idea he was that big a tool.

- Ayn Rand