Author Topic: Dioxide Triple Overstated...  (Read 2686 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Dioxide Triple Overstated...
« on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »
At the very least.
Satellite and other sources document no glow bull warming for over 18 years now.
The carbon dioxide theory the environmentalists foist will have to be revised.
Or another culprit may have to be concocted that will further the lib agenda...

The controversy over man-made global warming is far from settled.
Despite claims that “the science is all in” and “there is no room for debate,” the scientific method, with repeatable and falsifiable hypotheses, cannot really work when applied to the environment.

Instead, scientists develop models – hypotheses, if you will – that set forth well-informed explanations about how various parts of the environment interrelate.
Models are then evaluated to see how well their projections correlate with actual, measured data.

With global warming, the principal components of most common models are carbon dioxide (CO2) and global temperatures.
The hypothesis is that there is a causal relationship between high concentrations of atmospheric CO2 and increasing temperatures.

Certainly, across most of the 20th century there was at least a correlation between these variables.
Projecting forward, former Vice President Al Gore, the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and others have called for significant political actions to limit the devastation these models suggest will come without drastic action.

The problem for Gore and others is that the models they use to justify legislative action are failing.
Global temperatures have not climbed as projected, and scientists have noted periods in the 20th century (mainly before the 1930s) where the models do not account for the observed temperatures.

So, good climate scientists have been looking for new and improved models that better explain the measured data.

Enter Dr. Wei-Hock Soon, a climate scientist employed at the prestigious Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
In January, he and three colleagues (Lord Christopher Monckton, climatologist and geologist Dr. David Legates and statistician William Briggs) wrote an article that appeared in the peer reviewed Science Bulletin.
The paper, “Why Models Run Hot: Results from an Irreducibly Simple Climate Model,” made a strong case that the Earth’s climate is less sensitive to atmospheric CO2 concentrations than most other models suggest.

Soon and his colleagues set forth a simple new model that tracks temperatures and temperature trends more closely than the climate models used by Al Gore and the others.
Using this model, they showed that the IPCC has probably overstated climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide by a factor of three.

full article...

http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/climate-change-and-the-settled-science-bullies/#FIGZkQeTFAWIJDXl.99

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Dioxide Triple Overstated...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »
And obama still tries to convince us that glowbull warming is the biggest threat to our National security....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
And obama still tries to convince us that glowbull warming is the biggest threat to our National security....

I don't know how he gets away with it.
It's appalling.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »
I don't know how he gets away with it.

he has a captive and dedicated following of zombies who never challenge his never ending stupid comments.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
he has a captive and dedicated following of zombies who never challenge his never ending stupid comments.

Did someone say zombie ?
The way they go into a trance when he makes them chant "hopey change", "changey hope", "yes we canny", and "owe bum a".

It's right out of the walking dead.

Be careful when you spot a zombie for owebuma.
Even though they don't make eye contact while their head is lolling, leaned hard to one side because they are too lazy to carry it straight up, they still see you.
And if their outstretched arms and downturned hands even so much as touch you, your wallet, purse and or valuable you have will dematerialize and rematerialize in their pockets.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »
The left can't refute facts so they attack the authors;

The Crucifixion of Dr. Wei-Hock Soon
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/24/the-crucifixion-of-dr-willie-soon/

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 08:44:31 AM »
The Warmistas tarred Lord Christopher Monckton as a Climate Denier long ago. If he told a Warmista it was raining the Warmista would:

* Check outside;

* If rain was observed, look on nearby roofs for dudes with hoses;

* Claim (s)he had seen the dudes with hoses.

Long, long ago my high school Physics teacher taught us that science is three things:

1.) Observable;

2.) Repeatable;

3.) Testable (i.e. tests could be proposed and run that could demonstrate a is theory false).

AGW is computer models supported by a bogeyman that observed facts contradict. And Warmistas attack people reporting observed facts that contradict AGW and try to destroy them.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 01:22:54 PM »
In order for science to be science it must be able to conform to the scientific process.