Author Topic: Woke life is so complicated  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Woke life is so complicated
« on: November 25, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11911603
lillypaddle (7,126 posts)

My granddaughter is in the 2nd grade

She's 7 years old. In class this past week, the students were learning about Native American Tribes. Yesterday, when she came over to visit, she drew a wonderful picture of an American Indian girl, with a tipi in the background.

All of that is leading up to the following question: I ordered her a headband that has a peacock feather and beads attached. She loves wearing things in her hair. Is this okay? or would it be offensive to some?
roody (10,601 posts)

1. The whole elementary school schtick

about Thanksgiving is offensive and a lie. I'm a retired elementary school teacher.
Laffy Kat (10,674 posts)

2. Mmmmm, could be. I know that wasn't your intent.

I am not a Native American, but would not have done that. I guess, too, it would depend on where she wears it. At home, okay, but probably not at school or in public. I'd defer to Native Americans for this one.
 woodsprite (9,436 posts)

3. Some would find it offensive unless your gdaughter was part Native American.

I have a family friend who is that way. Sometimes it drives me nuts. If anyone, I think it would be an adult like my friend (who is hypersensitive and critical) rather than your granddaughter's peers or the average person.
This is ridiculous. The kid likes hair stuff, feathers, and beads. Don't impose all your white-guilt BS on a seven-year old! Let her be a kid, for goodness sake!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Woke life is so complicated
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 10:52:20 AM »
3. Some would find it offensive unless your gdaughter was part Native American.

I have a family friend who is that way. Sometimes it drives me nuts. If anyone, I think it would be an adult like my friend (who is hypersensitive and critical)
Someone who a DUmmie describes as hypersensitive must live in a constant state of being triggered.

Also, real fun to be around.  ::)
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 10:58:12 AM »
I went to a 1920's-themed party last month, and I wore a headband with a feather and beads. So did every other woman there. I don't think any of us wondered if we were appropriating anyone's culture.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 11:04:12 AM »
lillypaddle (7,126 posts)

My granddaughter is in the 2nd grade

She's 7 years old. In class this past week, the students were learning about Native American Tribes. Yesterday, when she came over to visit, she drew a wonderful picture of an American Indian girl, with a tipi in the background.

All of that is leading up to the following question: I ordered her a headband that has a peacock feather and beads attached. She loves wearing things in her hair. Is this okay? or would it be offensive to some?

Better clear it first with Fauxcahontas!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
Better clear it first with Fauxcahontas!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 11:33:43 AM »
Jeez...how do they make it through a day with "concerns" like that?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 11:48:25 AM »
Someone who a DUmmie describes as hypersensitive must live in a constant state of being triggered.

Also, real fun to be around.  ::)
It truly is a disease.  They have to analyze the tiniest of words or details to see if it could possibly offend absolutely anyone.  And everything is potentially offensive in their feeble brains.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »
It truly is a disease.  They have to analyze the tiniest of words or details to see if it could possibly offend absolutely anyone.  And everything is potentially offensive in their feeble brains.
Well, anyone except white men.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 11:56:14 AM »
Shouldn't they be getting all bent out of shape for indicating that Indians still live in teepees (or as the PC crowd spell it, "tipi")?

The granddaughter should have drawn a picture of a non-gender specific Native American protesting evil Republicans who violated treaties and stole the land of these native peoples. I'm not sure *what* they're teaching in public school anymore. Adam Schiff should have hearings on this.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 12:37:33 PM »
Well, anyone except white men.
Or Christians.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 12:45:42 PM »
Shouldn't they be getting all bent out of shape for indicating that Indians still live in teepees (or as the PC crowd spell it, "tipi")?

The granddaughter should have drawn a picture of a non-gender specific Native American protesting evil Republicans who violated treaties and stole the land of these native peoples. I'm not sure *what* they're teaching in public school anymore. Adam Schiff should have hearings on this.

That teepee should have been drawn with a glory hole to be more inclusive of indian fruits
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 01:38:41 PM »
I ordered her a headband that has a peacock feather and beads attached. She loves wearing things in her hair. Is this okay? or would it be offensive to some?

First of all native Americans did not wear peacock feathers , you are doing a cultural appropriation of Indian Indians, the one with dots that run 7 / 11" and Dunkin Donuts. :thatsright:

As for the beads, you can be guilty of appropriatin of several cultures here, so the whole idea is stupid and you are  full of hate and cultural disrespect. Shame on you for doing this to a 7 year old.  :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 08:17:40 PM »
My advice, and this is sincere and from the heart, for all of the woke and caring DUmmys is to take that razor blade from your inner wrist to elbow deep.  Or go deep on your inner upper thigh and get the artery.

Soon you will have peace and that elusive WOKE Utopia.  Prove your convictions.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 02:10:34 AM »
>Some would find it offensive unless your gdaughter was part Native American.

Any normal person would assume you are just waiting around to die from your woke guilt.  CYa... 

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 06:47:31 AM »
>Some would find it offensive unless your gdaughter was part Native American.

Any normal person would assume you are just waiting around to die from your woke guilt.  CYa...

We should be so lucky! :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Update:
lillypaddle (7,130 posts)

4. FWIW

the description is that it is a "hippie headband." Anyway, thanks for the input.
So apparently it isn't Native American culture that this idiot is appropriating; it's hippie culture.