Author Topic: Pelosi, Among Others, Could Exit if Dems Lose House  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Pelosi, Among Others, Could Exit if Dems Lose House
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
Oh please, let this be the case. I'd love to see the Wicked Witch of the Bay Area slink home with her tail between her legs. And all her minions, too.

It's from Time Ragazine, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. That said, I hope it's true.

Time

As Nancy Pelosi goes, so might a generation of her colleagues.

If Democrats lose control of the House of Representatives next week, as most political observers expect, there is a good chance that the House Speaker will opt to spend time with her eight grandchildren rather than toil in the relative obscurity of the minority. Even if she wanted to stay on, it's not at all clear that she would win the position of minority leader: seven Democratic incumbents and several candidates oppose her leadership — on Wednesday, North Carolina Representative Heath Shuler suggested he might challenge Pelosi for the spot — and another 20 have refused to say one way or another. Pelosi is more likely to leave gracefully, trading the red-eye slog for the pleasant commute between her San Francisco and Napa homes, and leaving the caucus in the hands of majority leader Steny Hoyer, who has been chafing in her shadow for decades.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,2028212,00.html#ixzz13tDKFGtl
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Pelosi, Among Others, Could Exit if Dems Lose House
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
if I was nancy, I would be furious.  well, wait a minute.  if I was nancy, I would have snorted arsenic a long time ago, but you get my meaning.

she gave it up for the prez and his agenda, and she has turned into the national public enemy #1, while Teh Messiah floats gracefully above it.  or at least he thinks that he does.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »
When will we expect to hear "Quitter!" from the Dems?  :popcorn:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
When will we expect to hear "Quitter!" from the Dems?  :popcorn:

Silly Schade. She's not quitting. She's gracefully retiring.  :whatever:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
Silly Schade. She's not quitting. She's gracefully retiring.  :whatever:

Still, what a bonus.  But who will transport her spawn? :evillaugh:

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
Still, what a bonus.  But who will transport her spawn? :evillaugh:

indeed.  not having to look at nancy freaking pelosi's botox infested face 20 times a day will be a bonus.

the republicans should make that into a bumper sticker;  "Elect Republicans!  Get Nancy out of your TV".

on edit:  but I'm not sure about her spawn.  that's sort of a jarring idea.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 11:26:32 PM »
indeed.  not having to look at nancy freaking pelosi's botox infested face 20 times a day will be a bonus.

the republicans should make that into a bumper sticker;  "Elect Republicans!  Get Nancy out of your TV".

on edit:  but I'm not sure about her spawn.  that's sort of a jarring idea.

Spawn? Well, she does have a bit of a fish face. I'll take coho salmon for $200, Alex.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 11:46:30 PM »
Someone's having a pipe dream.  Nobody inside the beltway, and I mean NOBODY, just "gives up" their seat or power without a fight or someone having some serious dirt on them.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
Someone's having a pipe dream.  Nobody inside the beltway, and I mean NOBODY, just "gives up" their seat or power without a fight or someone having some serious dirt on them.

Dunno about that, Sparky. I see Lord Zero setting himself up as a one-term prezzydent.

For one thing, he's lazy. After a gig as prezzydent, what else in life is there on a day-by-day basis? He's already written his memoirs - twice. Any other political office is out - nowhere to go after you've been prezzydent.

I can see some politicians - certainly not all but some - who just say, "Screw it. I've got my pension and I've got my comfort. I can hit the talk circuit or not. I can work for my political party or not. I can hit the campaign trail for others or not."

I would agree, however, that the Botox Bitch would not give up lightly -- but her ego and her liberal constituency would not allow her to take a back seat to anyone - and she can make just as much money on the talk circuit as she can walking the Dumping Grounds of Congress, so once she's been removed from power, what else is there to do?

Besides getting more botox injections, of course.

Hell, Chris Dodd just gave up (probably in lieu of being indicted). These Congressshits can pack it in when it suits them.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »
I think she is going to cling to power until they carry her out of the capitol in a box.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
This disappoints me. A lot. Robbed of revenge! I was looking forward to to watching just this:

"there is a good chance that the House Speaker will opt to spend time with her eight grandchildren rather than toil in the relative obscurity of the minority."

She won't be minority leader, either. I was delighting in the idea of this San Francisco locust having to live with being thrown from a great height to a low one, to just be one of 435, and to have to suffer some of the indignaties she heaped on the Republican caucus.

The Dems will be right (did I just write that?), though, if she retires, and they call her quitter: she will have been a coward, if she does so, and people will know it. She'll have gotten soft when the going got tough.