Author Topic: Best approach to "I'm not into politics" Americans?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Best approach to "I'm not into politics" Americans?
« on: July 09, 2024, 01:02:25 PM »
Marcus IM (2,622 posts) Tue Jul 9, 2024, 01:56 PM

Best approach to "I'm not into politics" Americans?

Seems to be a very common response to politics discussions when I am out and about.

What do DUers see as the best response to people with this attitude?

Basically, the DUmmy wants to know how to better pester normal people trying to go about their day

Here's a suggestion, DUmmy:

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Best approach to "I'm not into politics" Americans?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 01:21:01 PM »
I talk to a lot of people and unless I know them and their political viewpoints I never bring up politics. Dems are shallow and believe they’re intelligent, so I can see where they have convinced themselves that someone wants to engage with them. Truth is these people have figured out that Marcus IM is a kook and wants nothing to do with him.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 04:26:34 PM »
The problem with that is that people who don't do politics don't know any real issues, other than what media fixates on.

Sounds like the dump monkeys, they are fixated on MSM lies and disinformation. And they refuse to listen to any other opinions. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege and toxic masculinity while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 03:54:42 AM »
Start with 'men can be women and women can be men'.

That will convince them.

:sarcasm:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 06:49:52 AM »

That will convince them.

In that same vein, I always thought that demanding perfect strangers use your chosen pronouns when not addressing you was a great conversation starter.  :naughty:

Lately, I hear that telling that same perfect stranger that you'd prefer to be in the forest proximate to a bear than in proximity to said perfect stranger is another way to hit things off perfectly. :Grizzle Grizzle:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 08:48:54 AM »

That will convince them.

And don't forget Russia! Russia! Russia!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 10:04:41 AM »
How about telling them you’re a vegan and drive a Prius

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege and toxic masculinity while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 10:58:48 AM »
I'd introduce them to the Democrat Underground website and be sure (this is important) to make sure that they know that the cream of the crop, the best of the best, and the most intelligent people in the dem party are active at DU.

If you do hook them up with DU, be sure that you refer them to some of the older posts. Like those with Blackie the Ghost Chicken and those discussing how some of you astrally travel to other planes. It will let them know that you're all down to earth and not kooks like those silly rethugs who think that there's only two genders.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2024, 11:18:02 AM »
How about telling them you’re a vegan and drive a Prius

A Prius is so yesterday. Tell them you're a full on EV owner, THAT'LL surely get their attention.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2024, 11:27:04 AM »
I'd introduce them to the Democrat Underground website and be sure (this is important) to make sure that they know that the cream of the crop, the best of the best, and the most intelligent people in the dem party are active at DU.

If you do hook them up with DU, be sure that you refer them to some of the older posts. Like those with Blackie the Ghost Chicken and those discussing how some of you astrally travel to other planes. It will let them know that you're all down to earth and not kooks like those silly rethugs who think that there's only two genders.

:hi5: and :rotf: !
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2024, 11:28:58 AM »
A Prius is so yesterday. Tell them you're a full on EV owner, THAT'LL surely get their attention.

Has to be a Tesla. Chevy Bolts and Nissan Leafs lack virtue-signal cred.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2024, 11:43:22 AM »

Don't forget that it's an honor to have your cat eaten by a hawk.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2024, 12:26:40 PM »
Has to be a Tesla. Chevy Bolts and Nissan Leafs lack virtue-signal cred.

Schwinn for the win!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2024, 02:49:49 PM »
And you need to teach them how to turn the magazines around in the checkout line and to put on cnn and hide the remote in a waiting room.

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2024, 08:00:53 AM »
The problem with that is that people who don't do politics don't know any real issues, other than what media fixates on.

Catch them on the way out of the grocery store. They know that issue.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2024, 08:53:42 AM »
Maybe try realizing that, "I'm not into politics," is code for, "I don't want to talk about it! Leave me alone!"