Author Topic: Newbie DUmmy says no one is safe at the DUmp if Trump wins  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Newbie DUmmy says no one is safe at the DUmp if Trump wins
« on: July 04, 2024, 02:48:32 PM »
Mr.WeRP (255 posts)
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 07:59 AM
RECOMMEND
If Trump wins, no one here at DU is safe
Trump has threatened his own supporters in campaign emails with punishment if they don’t donate enough or fail to vote for him, saying these records are public. While your specific vote may not be, your campaign donations are and election turnout certainly is. Trump has already used the tax code to punish blue states using the cap on State and Local Tax deductions (SALT) since you can only declare up to 10k of these taxes on your federal return. And he has murdered at least one journalist.

If Trump wins, no doubt he will use the powers SCOTUS just gave him to punish those that do not approve of him. And he won’t stop with people in the lime light. He will go all the way down to every individual that doesn’t think he deserves to be king of america and find a way to punish and silence them.

We must act accordingly to this existential threat and our leaders better wake up to how real this threat is. It is very ****ing real.

No one wants to silence your voices...you are useful idiots and we mock and laugh at you.

Now some hyperbolic responses:

gab13by13 (22,380 posts)
3. Oh it will be like Russia,
Reply to Mr.WeRP (Original post)
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 08:07 AM
Progressive sites will be purged.

Communicate with short wave radios? Cell phone communication won't be safe. Carrier pigeon?

GreatAuntK (554 posts)
5. Yes I'm scared
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 08:11 AM
That has crossed my mind, and I just started posting here, having not done so since the Iraq war. I've followed DU ever since, but was trying to lower my online presence. 75 years old, I live alone in South Florida (on SS), and have no one to talk to about what has transpired, at least until I see my sisters on vacation next week. I am furious, and scared.

I'm sure my Republican friends on Facebook are annoyed with my many political posts, but they don't confront me. If they haul me off for sedition, I can tell some of my MAGA family I told you so.

llmart (15,739 posts)
8. Heck, even DU won't be safe.
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 08:34 AM
The GOP and SCOTUS will find a reason to shut down any site they don't approve of. That's what living in a dictatorship is like.

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

haele (12,795 posts)
25. So, we're talking an enemies list?
Reply to newdayneeded (Reply #14)
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure conservative lurkers from radical right organizations have lists of DU'ers to target at various levels (particularly employment or petty harassment) already made up, just as they have lists of people that go to the "wrong" church, social club, or give to the "wrong" charities. Including those who work at the "wrong" jobs for their skin color, religious or cultural heritage, or gender.
That path leads to a reductive madness that basically disenfranchises and de-economizes around 98% of the country. These idiot groups are emboldened by localized examples expanded to states like Texas and Florida. The consequences of their relatively rapid takeovers have yet to be felt, but even those states are already beginning to feel the effects in that they're needing subsidies from the government (both state and local) to support basic services they blithly expect to magically come from Gawd. Trickle Down or "Charity" economics (cutting Social Services and Education, services to the working classes, the disabled, and aged) does not help business owners; it only helps Oligarchs who depend on cheap labor and a captive minimum consumer base.
The saving grace to all that is that despite their egotistical, adolescent whining about taxes and regulations, the majority of business owners and the wealthy understand (at some level) the reality of stable, neutral governance and fair, regulated "market" policies; they don't really want to play the unstable zero-sum insider game that is a Religio-Oligarch state.
Except, of course, for a handful of tech bros, hedge/venture fund and resource extraction billionaires who think their small world/plantation economics based wealth and "Gawd favored ME beliefs means they're the superhumans who are supposed to run the world in their image.
If they succeed, human civilization is pretty much hosed. There is no spaceship, sea villa, or remote island that can sustain them the generations needed to recover from their egos.

Haele

Blue Full Moon (57 posts)
12. 2016 Hack
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 09:31 AM
I suspect that will happen again. First to stop as a great site for discussion of liberal and progressive ideas. Second was to get all of our info not necessarily financial. I do think that they target democrats with high credit rates, deny promotions, thousand paper cuts, because if they hurt us financially then we won't be able to donate as much and weakening us as a whole. The job I used to have is an example they would not move any democrats into supervision or management and would say things democrats can't be in charge they can't manage. By the way this is a government contractor. To have the job you have to have a security clearance. They can make you lose your job by pulling security clearances over financial. I have seen people who have done way less than tfg before he became president, done this way. Had the person over security tell me that giving a security clearance to a democrat was dangerous because not a true American.

If you believe the DUmp was hacked in November 2006 by the Russians, I have some valuable swampland in Florida to sell you.

:rofl: :rotf: :lmao:

Blue Idaho (5,244 posts)
18. Delete all posts...
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 09:49 AM
If Trump wins DU needs to offer users the ability to swiftly delete all posts and erase accounts. I believe he will seek retribution here and elsewhere. If a member wants to remove all traces - they should have that right.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100219090262
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Newbie DUmmy says no one is safe at the DUmp if Trump wins
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2024, 03:15:59 PM »
Well, at least they aren’t insane or anything.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2024, 03:40:27 PM »
GreatAuntK (554 posts)
5. Yes I'm scared
Tue Jul 2, 2024, 08:11 AM
That has crossed my mind, and I just started posting here, having not done so since the Iraq war. I've followed DU ever since, but was trying to lower my online presence. 75 years old, I live alone in South Florida (on SS), and have no one to talk to about what has transpired, at least until I see my sisters on vacation next week. I am furious, and scared.

I'm sure my Republican friends on Facebook are annoyed with my many political posts, but they don't confront me. If they haul me off for sedition, I can tell some of my MAGA family I told you so

Thank you! That helps narrow things down quite a bit.  :naughty:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 03:56:08 PM »
I realize that these individuals are idiots, but have they forgotten that Trump has already been president? If he really was a power-hungry dictator in search of a country to rule, why did he leave after his first term? If he thought the little cesspool of lunacy known as DU was any sort of threat to him, why didn't he shut it down when he was in office.

I realize that they claimed to be the "Reality Based Community", but the stupidity that they share daily makes any sane individual wonder which "reality" that they think they're a part of.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 05:28:21 PM »
2017-2021 proved the contrary.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 09:09:14 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2024, 06:25:36 PM »
If you believe the DUmp was hacked in November 2006 by the Russians, I have some valuable swampland in Florida to sell you.

To late we already sold it to Disney.  :-)

Those mental midgets really think they are so important and influential that they’re a target?

The only reason we go to that putrid cesspool is to get a good laugh at how stupid and out of touch they are with reality. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege and toxic masculinity while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2024, 07:18:41 PM »
Blue Idaho (5,244 posts)

18. Delete all posts...

If Trump wins DU needs to offer users the ability to swiftly delete all posts and erase accounts. I believe he will seek retribution here and elsewhere. If a member wants to remove all traces - they should have that right.

Oh I pray to GOD he seeks retribution against those that have harmed him and any other patriotic American, many who are still in jail today without trial. As for you retards? Yeah, you have nothing to worry about, simple ****s. You're all powerless.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024, 07:04:36 AM »
Oh I pray to GOD he seeks retribution against those that have harmed him and any other patriotic American, many who are still in jail today without trial. As for you retards? Yeah, you have nothing to worry about, simple ****s. You're all powerless.

I thought putting people in jail w/o trials was something DICTATORS did? :o :o :o :o

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2024, 07:08:50 AM »
The DUmmies have been making these paranoid claims ever since the Bush administration, they never came true.
The closest they have ever come to coming true have been during the Obama and Biden administrations, when anyone who openly criticized the government was slammed as a racist or other such extremist.

" And he has murdered at least one journalist."
Um, wtf is he talking about?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2024, 09:11:56 AM »
The DUmmies have been making these paranoid claims ever since the Bush administration, they never came true.
The closest they have ever come to coming true have been during the Obama and Biden administrations, when anyone who openly criticized the government was slammed as a racist or other such extremist.

" And he has murdered at least one journalist."
Um, wtf is he talking about?

An obviously false claim. Trump loves journalists, because: they are convenient whipping boys; they unwittingly give him free publicity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2024, 01:46:23 PM »
If they projected what they do any more, the entire Drive-in movie theater business would still be going on.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2024, 01:49:56 PM »
I thought putting people in jail w/o trials was something DICTATORS did? :o :o :o :o

That’s what democrats do. But only because they are trying to save our democracy. :thatsright: :loser: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege and toxic masculinity while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!