Author Topic: Why the Teenage Girls of Europe Are Joining ISIS  (Read 1545 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Why the Teenage Girls of Europe Are Joining ISIS
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
I can't argue with the reason that the writer gives in the article. :o

Why the Teenage Girls of Europe Are Joining ISIS

Because they want the same things that teenage boys want: a strong sense of meaning and purpose

By Lee Smith  |  October 22, 2014 12:00 AM  |  Comments: 1

(instagram.com/madonna )

Teenage girls are the West’s center of gravity: Virtually all of Western pop culture, the key to our soft power, is tailored to the tastes of teenage girls. Through the wonders of information technology, the mobile phone mass-produced the mores and habits of phone-mad teenage girls locked in their bedrooms. Indeed, Western civilization is a success largely insofar as it has made the world a safe place for teenage girls—to go to school, get a job, and decide who and when to marry, or if they want to marry. When teenage girls turn away from One Direction and embrace ISIS, it means the West is losing.

A Washington Institute poll last week showed that the Islamic State has more support in Europe than it does in the Middle East. The poll reported that only 3 percent of Egyptians, 5 percent of Saudis, and under 1 percent of Lebanese “expressed a positive opinion of the IS.” On the other hand, 7 percent of U.K. respondents had a favorable view of the group, as did 16 percent of French polled—with 27 percent of French citizens between 18-24 responding favorably.

The numbers should hardly come as a surprise. Thousands of young European Muslims have already left the continent for the Middle East to help the organization’s leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, build an authentic Islamic caliphate. Doubtless thousands more are on their way, to kill and die for an idea they believe in.

It is a striking fact that ISIS appeals not only to young men, but also young European women, many hundreds of whom have gone to Syria and Iraq to marry Islamic State fighters. Sure, some of them, like the 15-year-old French Jewish girl Nora el-Bathy, may have come to regret their decision. But that hardly alters the essential point: The girls sought out IS fighters because the West seems weak and unmanly and they pine for real men who are willing to kill and die for what they believe in.

Why? Europe’s got great health care, welfare, and lots of attractive young men and attractive women who, unlike the vast majority of women in the Middle East outside of Israel, are sexually available. So, why given a choice between a comfortable, if somewhat boring, life as a pharmacist in Hamburg, or fighting and dying in the desert, are thousands of Western Muslims opting for the latter?

The answer is in the very next paragraph . . . http://tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/186397/teenage-girls-europe-isis?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tabletmag+%28Tablet+Magazine%29#

Modern culture strikes again.  No meaning.  Secularism. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Why the Teenage Girls of Europe Are Joining ISIS
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
I think that this behavior is similar to woman being attracted killers.  Richard Ramiriz had and has tons of groupies. Same with Ted Bundy and many other murderers. The attraction to dangerous men.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »
I just figured a certain percentage of them are stupid c***s, with virtually no ability to think through basic problems like telling shit from Shinola, or realizing that certain particularly-obvious consequences will flow from idiotic choices.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
I just figured a certain percentage of them are stupid c***s, with virtually no ability to think through basic problems like telling shit from Shinola, or realizing that certain particularly-obvious consequences will flow from idiotic choices.

You just described most teenage girls.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »

They probably didn't realize "getting stoned" had more than one meaning.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:18:47 AM »
Hybristophilia

Serial Killer Groupies
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/serial-killer-groupies

"There are some people (mostly females, but also males) who are fascinated by corresponding or meeting with serial offenders. Here I am referring to individuals who correspond not to learn but to [develop a] relationship. Some women even "fall in love" with these men, believing them to be misunderstood. Such people, in my opinion, generally have low self-esteem. By interacting with serial killers, they fulfill their own need for attention."

Roy Hazelwood further explained that in certain rare instances, a groupie wants to experience the crimes of the killer vicariously through him. Hazelwood told me that he has seen this phenomenon predominantly among female groupies of male killers.

The groupie’s obsession leads her to contact the perpetrator of the crimes in prison. Her goal is to establish a relationship with the criminal in order to learn intimate details about the crimes that no one else knows. According to Hazelwood, this makes the groupie feel special and gives her a vicarious thrill—as if she took part in the crimes.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du