Interests > All Things Edible (and how to prepare them)

Monday menu

(1/4) > >>

Flame:
What's for dinner tonight?

Do you plan a weekly menu, or do you just rumage and find something to fix?

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight...I'm looking for inspiration!!

BEG:
I have never planned a weekly menu...ever.  Although I do frequently browse Allrecipes.com for new recipes and try them often.  I usually shop a few days a week rather than one large trip once a week. 

My husband is in Vegas for some consumer electronics dealy so when he is out of town I usually make really quick things that don't take much effort.  Usually it ends up being the things my kids like best like chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese.   :p  Yesterday I made macaroni and tomato juice (it is good, trust me) and all three kids ate every bite.  It makes me mad when I spend all day looking up a great new recipe, going shopping for the ingredients, making the meal only for them to take a few bites and claim they are finished.   :censored:  My son usually eats those meals and loves it, it is the other two who would rather have chicken nuggets than chicken florentine.   :mental:

I have no idea what I'm going to make tonight.  I have some hotdogs and macaroni and cheese, I just may make that.  I am such a sucky Mom.

DixieBelle:
Nope you're not sucky!!! I do the same thing!

My guys are stuck in a rut. They like the same old boring things. Our rule is that you eat what's placed in front of you. I do get tired of the eyerolls and lack of appreciation though. I'm not watching Martha for my health!  :rotf:

We were gone for the holidays and there's NOTHING in fridge or pantry. Dinner may be tic tacs and miracle whip!

Flame:
OK...think I figured out what dinner will be...smoked sausage and fried taters with onions.

I have all the ingredients on hand, and it's easy.

bijou:
I'm going with strips of liver coated in flour and cumin and shallow fried quickly in olive oil.  I shall probably have onion with it and some other vegetable.  Not exciting but I really like liver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version